Pets anybody?

Torch

ishi's cat thread got me wondering.

How many pets do you have?

I have two dogs; a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Chesterton (the literary theme continues). My other dog is the mean one. He is a Bichon Friese named Snowy. :) He really is the better guard dog of the two.

I also have two cats; Gabriel and Raphael, named after the angels, not the turtles.

We also have 4 hens, for eggs.

Those are my permanent residents. In the last year I've had snakes, rabbits, a mole, spiders, etc. as temporary pets.

We have about 100 pound Akita named Beowulf (frequently referred to as puppy), a black cat named Eve, a tabby named buttercup, and a large white cat named Leo (usually called fatty).

Chocolate Lab, Emily Pearl (born on Pearl Harbor day). She'll be 7 this year. 85 lbs. of Goofy Love.

One dog. We got him from my wife's cousin who adopted him as a puppy from a shelter - told us he was a Rott mix of some kind. My wife got on the internet and put in 'Rottweiler mix' just to see what she could find. Oddly enough, she found a picture that looked pretty much exactly like our dog. The person's page said their's was a Rott/Husky mix, so I guess that's what our dog is. He's a great dog - he's loving and playful with us, and a couple of times he's shown that he will get VERY 'business-like' when things go bump in the night.

Here's the pic off the internet that looks like him, and then one of him.

Blaze.jpg
Link Removed

I have never have been able to get a perfect full-attention picture of him - we can get him to make 'the face' and as soon as he sees the camera, he gets silly.

Last edited:
I have a 10 year old mixed breed dog,part shepard part akita ,part ?,but hes a great watchdog who has chased off unwanted people many times,also have an orange tabby cat that is over 24 years old and sleeps along side the dog every night.

I've got 2 dogs... a 6 month-old Black-Lab / German Shepherd mix named Leonidas. He's about 65 lb already. The other is a rescue from the local shelter, he's a 3-4 year-old mutt which resembles a Blue-Heeler / Rottweiler mix. He's 70lb, and his name is Rex.

Rex got bitten by a Copperhead Friday, actually... he's in a bad way, so, be praying for him. We're pretty sure he'll live, but it'll be a long recovery I think.

There's also a kitten that's been hanging around... my wife claims that it's ours, but I'm not taken with that idea yet. It does get along well with the dogs though. Her name is Spodos (pronounces 'so-dose'), which is Ancient Greek for "ashes" (she's a grey cat).

I suppose with a given name, and her own bag of cat-food, I can't really deny claiming her.

critters

We've got a pair of Jack Russell terriers, Fenris and Arrow. Arrow has recently decided that the bathtub, full of water and person, is just about the best thing in the world. She's dripping wet right now. *sigh*

Combat!

Shelley delivers a devastating face-smush to Byron. Oh, the humanity!
Link Removed

Byron with a straight right to Shelley's left eye! Brutal!
Link Removed

I have a Shepard mix that was abused before we got her. She is the sweetest thing, but hides when anyone new comes around.

We also have a Dorky. It is a Doxin and Yorky mix. He is so ugly that he is cute.

I've got Two Jack Russell Terriers (Dean Martin and Sammy Davis) and two Blue Point Munchkin Cats (Sinatra and Marilyn):D

img053.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DeanMartin.jpg

Last edited:
I axed Luke but I didn't get an answer yet... How, oh how, does a guy post pictures that are not blessed with a URL? I have images on my 'puter . . . how do I get them to magically appear here?

Please to excuse the cyber-dunce.

I axed Luke but I didn't get an answer yet... How, oh how, does a guy post pictures that are not blessed with a URL? I have images on my 'puter . . . how do I get them to magically appear here?

Please to excuse the cyber-dunce.

WWW.PHOTOBUCKET.COM

up load the photos there and then use the the "directlink option" under the photo to copy it.

Then come back here and click on the yellow icon (the one with the mountain in it)... and paste the link.

Last edited:
We have been through 2 female Akitas. Both great dogs and both around 85-90#s.
Yuki (bear in Japanese) passed about 3 years ago and when we asked our son (currently a sophmore) if he wanted a new puppy he showed no interest so we have put pets on hold.

If/when security becomes an issue we will certainly consider a new pet, but presently my wife and I are comfortable with only her horse Cash.

spc:)

We have been through 2 female Akitas. Both great dogs and both around 85-90#s.
Yuki (bear in Japanese) passed about 3 years ago and when we asked our son (currently a sophmore) if he wanted a new puppy he showed no interest so we have put pets on hold.

If/when security becomes an issue we will certainly consider a new pet, but presently my wife and I are comfortable with only her horse Cash.

spc:)

Actually I speak Japanese (fluently, lived there 12 years), my son is graduating from Waseda University this year and "yuki" actually means snow. Bear is said as "kuma".

Often times if a child is born in the winter the name Yukiko is give to girls (Yuki= snow Ko= child) and Yukihiro for boys (my sons name).:)

I have two dogs- "Luke" an Australian Shepard and "Sallie" a Border Collie. Both great dogs, love both of them. My wife and I like the herding group of dogs.

One dog - 7yr old Shih-Tzu mix named "Roly Poly"
One cat - 4yr old ? cat named "Poppins"
Used to have a Great Dane, but she had to go live with some friends when the little wife became pregnant and couldn't take the "dog smell."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back