How do you tell if a politition is telling a lie?

HK4U

I pose the following questions for your thoughts.
Seeing as how we have spent billions of dollars to fight a war in Iraq with the cost in American lives increasing almost daily to "fight terrorism" while at the same time we will do nothing to secure our borders to prevent terrorist from entering our country. Also after several years of a Republican controlled congress and a Republican President there was no meaniful cut backs on wastefull spending, i.e. National Endowments for the Arts is either party honest about fighting terror or stopping wasteful spending?

Question: How do you tell if a politician is lying?
Answer : If his lips are moving.

I pose the following questions for your thoughts.
Seeing as how we have spent billions of dollars to fight a war in Iraq with the cost in American lives increasing almost daily to "fight terrorism" while at the same time we will do nothing to secure our borders to prevent terrorist from entering our country. Also after several years of a Republican controlled congress and a Republican President there was no meaniful cut backs on wastefull spending, i.e. National Endowments for the Arts is either party honest about fighting terror or stopping wasteful spending?

Question: How do you tell if a politician is lying?
Answer : If his lips are moving.

I think everybody is about fed up with the self-serving power grabbers in washington. If a democracy is judged by the extent to which the will of the citizenry is reflected in government policy, it's really hard to argue that ours is functioning. When's the last time you voted for a candidate in a major election who went on to actually represent your views fully?

Two parties just isn't enough to represent the spectrum of political thought that exists in a country as big as ours. Two parties, in the end, start seeming more like just one party. Unfortunately I think it's the actual mechanics of our political system that are to blame (first past the post election system), and that is nearly impossible to change.

Last edited:
well,

i think it is a choice between the lesser of two evils. one thing is for sure. if we are going to send our people to fight terror in the world, we need to secure the borders or the troops are dying for nothing. alot of resistence is coming from the borders to the south. the mayors and ranchers are denying the feds to erect the fence on city and private property. well, why don't they use eminant domain? they wanted to use it for the trans -texas highway till the people stood up and said no. for the time being.

Sadly politics are killing this country.
None of those running for office can keep what they promise.
Lies to them are not lies.
Money and power are the rule.

Anybody know the dif between an honest politician and a crooked one?

The difference between an honest politician and a crooked one (according to renowned SF author Robert A. Heinlein) is that an honest one "stays bought".

Statesman or Politician?

I believe that an individual who sincerely strives to do what is best for the country is a Statesman (i.e. our Founding Fathers, Ronald Reagan)

Politicians, on the other hand, "play politics" and do whatever it takes to garner votes for re-election.

No matter which party is in power they are all connected at the hip. Remember I believe the only constitutional power the President has is what the Congress allows him to get away with. Our elected reps can stop him in his tracks if they only had the balls to do it. Time to clean house. That might not be enough but it would be a start.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back