Where to buy bulk ammo?

KimberPB

I'm going to be taking a one day advanced tactical handgun class in a few weeks and need to bring 400 rounds of ammo with me. I'd like to take my Kimber since it is my primary carry weapon. I've been handloading my own ammo for awhile now but this class only allows factory ammo.

So you guys have any good places to order .45 ACP factory ammo at a good price? Cabela's has Magtech 500 rounds for $189.99. I'm going to check Wally world also but thought I'd check with you all also.

I check these four. AIMSurplus, Cheaper than dirt, Sportsmans guide, Natchez Shooters supplies.

DJ58

Kimb, I have 9 empty 45ACP boxes under the reloader. Come to the Orlando Gun Show Saturday and I'll give'em to ya. Put your reloads in'em!

Georgia Arms (We need your help) has really good buys on all types of ammo.

I forgot about Georgia Arms, but I would definitely recommend buying from them at a show to save on shipping. I just picked up 1800rds of 7.62 x 39 from them at the Lakeland Show this past weekend.

I know they will be at the Orlando Show this holiday weekend. I will be picking up some .45 and 9MM from this weekend.

Kimb, I have 9 empty 45ACP boxes under the reloader. Come to the Orlando Gun Show Saturday and I'll give'em to ya. Put your reloads in'em!

Thanks a ton Benzuncle! I had thought about that, reloading and seeing if I could find enough factory boxes to put them in. If all the head stamps match know way of telling they were reloads.

I may just come up the show this weekend and see what everyone has.

Thanks again

Thanks a ton Benzuncle! I had thought about that, reloading and seeing if I could find enough factory boxes to put them in. If all the head stamps match know way of telling they were reloads.

I may just come up the show this weekend and see what everyone has.

Thanks again

Georgia Arms will have a booth at the Orlando Show. I bought from them last time they were there. Very good people to deal with. And seriously, lemme know if you need those boxes. I'm going to SpaceCoast Bullets and pick up some primers, powder and bullets. I've emailed them an order and want to talk to them 'bout lead bullets. They are highly recommended by those that use their stuff.

Georgia Arms will have a booth at the Orlando Show. I bought from them last time they were there. Very good people to deal with. And seriously, lemme know if you need those boxes. I'm going to SpaceCoast Bullets and pick up some primers, powder and bullets. I've emailed them an order and want to talk to them 'bout lead bullets. They are highly recommended by those that use their stuff.

Thanks for the info on the Space Coast Bullets. I had been using Zero Swaged 230 gr lead RN bullets for practice. They were cheaper then jacketed and still shot great out of my Kimber. Let me know how you like this companies bullets.

I would stay away from Wally World their ammo is mostly seconds and you are not that photogenic. :)

Does Wal-Smarts really use second rate ammo? I often shoot Winchester White Box 9mm because it is by far the cheapest ammo I've found.

I had heard some rumors that Wal-Smarts sells second rifles also, but was never sure if this was sound truth. Seems like selling seconds would be a major safety hazard that no major company would want on record.

Orlando Gun Show

Went to the Gun Show as planned. I paid my planned visit to Space Coast Bullets and was pleased that the products I requested from them on their website/forum, <style> </style> SPACE COAST BULLETS was there and waiting for me.
My order:
1000 rounds of 230gr. 45ACP cast lead round nose bullets
500 rounds of 95gr. 380ACP cast lead round nose bullets
1000 CCI Large Pistol Primers
1000 CCI Small Pistol Primers
2lb of Hodgdon's HP-38 powder

Total expenditure: $215.00.

Using the Cost Calculator on handloads.com, I'm building 45's for $6 per box of 50, or 12 cents per round less the brass, which I scrounge for. Space Coast Bullets has a full line of loaded ammo both in lead and copper jacketed, plenty of powder types and reloading equipment. (I bought 100 rounds of their FMJ .380 ammo previously and it fired flawlessly.) I really need to save up some more jack and take a little daytrip to their place in Melbourne once. BTW: they ship via FED EX, which is right around the corner from their place of business. They don't pad the bill; you'll pay whatever FED EX charges and no more. Sweet.

Oh, one last thing: the folding metal luggage carrier that I bought years ago before luggage came with wheels paid for itself BIG TIME! I put a little basket on it, secured it with bungies and rolled 45.5lbs of "ingredients" around for an hour and a half with very little effort.

Went to the Gun Show as planned. I paid my planned visit to Space Coast Bullets and was pleased that the products I requested from them on their website/forum, <style> </style> SPACE COAST BULLETS was there and waiting for me.
My order:
1000 rounds of 230gr. 45ACP cast lead round nose bullets
500 rounds of 95gr. 380ACP cast lead round nose bullets
1000 CCI Large Pistol Primers
1000 CCI Small Pistol Primers
2lb of Hodgdon's HP-38 powder

Total expenditure: $215.00.

Using the Cost Calculator on handloads.com, I'm building 45's for $6 per box of 50, or 12 cents per round less the brass, which I scrounge for. Space Coast Bullets has a full line of loaded ammo both in lead and copper jacketed, plenty of powder types and reloading equipment. (I bought 100 rounds of their FMJ .380 ammo previously and it fired flawlessly.) I really need to save up some more jack and take a little daytrip to their place in Melbourne once. BTW: they ship via FED EX, which is right around the corner from their place of business. They don't pad the bill; you'll pay whatever FED EX charges and no more. Sweet.

Oh, one last thing: the folding metal luggage carrier that I bought years ago before luggage came with wheels paid for itself BIG TIME! I put a little basket on it, secured it with bungies and rolled 45.5lbs of "ingredients" around for an hour and a half with very little effort.

Thanks for the update benzuncle. I've checked out there site and going to oder some bullets from them in the future.

Does Wal-Smarts really use second rate ammo? I often shoot Winchester White Box 9mm because it is by far the cheapest ammo I've found.

I had heard some rumors that Wal-Smarts sells second rifles also, but was never sure if this was sound truth. Seems like selling seconds would be a major safety hazard that no major company would want on record.

No: WalMart does not sell any second rate ammo

No: Walmart does not sell second rifles either.

All their ammo is new in box from the manufacturer, unless people consider remington and winchester to be "seconds"

They sell almost every brand of rifle, so unless you think the manufacturers are giving WalMart "seconds" the answer is no.

I can't believe that was posted, because it's ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY untrue. (And I Don't Even Like WalMart)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back