Nonresident Utah Permit Turnaround Time

Phillip Gain

BCI cashed my check on May 20, 2011.
Permit was issued June 28, 2011 and arrived in my mailbox (in Massachusetts) on July 5.

Total turnaround time: 44 days.

I am waiting for mine to come, how do you know when it was issued? Just by the date on it after you received it? I assume there is not a way to look it up.

I am waiting for mine to come, how do you know when it was issued? Just by the date on it after you received it? I assume there is not a way to look it up.

Yes - issue date was from the card. It felt like it took forever for mine too. And no, there isn't a way to look it up.

Thanks for the post, my check cleared 1-13-2012 (Friday the 13th), so I have my calendar marked for the end of Feb. Just short of the 60 days I expected (3-3-2012) from the day I mailed it in (1-3-2012).

I'm waiting until after April 1 2012, My wife's WI permit should be here and the Utah permit prices are dropping; $51.25 for non-resident permits. The cost difference should make up for the finger printing and passport photo's for the both of us.

And any updates? I'm about a week behind you.

Not yet, but it should be here any day now. Todays mail should be here in 1hr, hope it is here today.

Update, it was in todays mail.

Mail application 1-3-2012
Check cleared 1-13-2012
Permit issued 2-21-2012 (on the permit date)
Received permit 2-28-2012

The picture on it is funny, my gray hair looks almost blonde, god am I ugly!

Last edited:
Did you have to include your a training certificate with yours or is the intructors signature on the form sufficient/ I got a form letter for my resident permit, but I didn't include the certificate along with the completed forms (although I could not find anything that said a copy should have been included). No big deal, but I lost a few days processing time.

What's the current turnaround time for a non-resident renewal? Their website states that they will mail out a reminder a month before the expiration date.

I do not know about renewal but mine was an initial, from what I hear they are getting a load in every day so the turn around has been slowed down

For my Utah non-resident permit (initial permit, not a renewal)

Mailed: April 6th 2012
Credit card charged: April 17th (+11 days)
Permit Received: May 29th 2012 (+59 days from mailing, 48 days from credit card being charged)

FWIW,

UD

Put mine in the mail on June 2nd, and the checked cleared on the 13th. Hopefully I'll get it in early August.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back