Other essential carry gear ?

I like to have a phone, wallet, flashlight (at night), and keys. Sadly, many of the places I travel to are CCW no-nos. When I do carry I do not have a spare magazine, but I had this revelation the other day that there is probably a good reason they make magazine holsters.

My CCW professor also had an interesting idea. If you are ever mugged, rather than shooting the guy on the spot, it might be a good idea to carry a "fake wallet" in your pocket with a few bucks and some basic items. Throw that wallet on the ground and walk away. Little will the bg know that you just threw him "chump change" and you were smart enough to keep a money clip with the real goods secured on your body.

We cannot carry BUGs in New Mexico, which is a shame, I sure could use a reason to carry my Astra Cub .22 short.

Also, I think someone needs to invent a good Man Purse, not a "messenger bag", I'm talking a real Man's Purse.

My CCW professor also had an interesting idea. If you are ever mugged, rather than shooting the guy on the spot, it might be a good idea to carry a "fake wallet" in your pocket with a few bucks and some basic items. Throw that wallet on the ground and walk away. Little will the bg know that you just threw him "chump change" and you were smart enough to keep a money clip with the real goods secured on your body.
I usually keep some bills in the car for that purpose; if I need to exit my vehicle in a bad neighborhood, I'll bring it with me as a diversionary tactic. Considering the rising price of ammo, it's probably cheaper to throw money than shoot anyway.

Maybe that would be a good anti-carjacking system. Have canisters under the car filled with $1 bills and change and a small explosive charge. If anyone tries anything, hit a button and *BOOM* - then hit the gas - and you escape in a cloud of money!

I work as a security guard and the only extra ammo I currently carry is in the double magazine pouch on my duty belt, and only when I'm at work. I'm contemplating purchasing one extra mag that I carry with me when I'm away from work, just so my duty ammo can stay in the double mag pouch. On the other hand, my Glock 22 does hold 15 + 1, so I'm wondering if I really need the extra magazine. However, I am also of the opinion that it is better for me to have more ammo than I need than to need more ammo than I have; after all, what's gonna happen if I need a 17th round and don't have it? I shudder to think of the consequences.

Anyway, when I'm off duty, all I carry are my keys, wallet, cell phone, and fists.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back