Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Link Removed

This has got to be one of the dumbest things marketed to the gun community. :n: Shouldn't we be securing our firearms rather than leaving them lying around for a "kid" or "intruder" to find? I like the "second" level of security where they guy recommends having a "safety bullet" chambered and one at the top of the magazine. I'd figure that if an unauthorized person (proper term rather than "kid" or "intruder") were strong enough to cycle the action once, they'd be able to do it a second, third, etc. time. :confused3:

I sent "Mike" an email voicing my strong opinion against his product. I encourage others to do the same. I forsee this device as an excuse for a bundle of future "Negligent Discharges", not to mention the product liability lawsuits. :eek:

safetybullet.jpg

gf

Last edited:
What is this product called? And who is Mike? The information you give provides very little specific information other than the picture. Can you provide anything more?

What is this product called? And who is Mike? The information you give provides very little specific information other than the picture. Can you provide anything more?

Google is our friend:

Link Removed

You've got to read the 'levels of protection'...
Undoubtedly one of the lamest, most idiotic, simple-minded... ... ...

Someday I'll tell you what I really think of a fool who would design such a product.

Oh yeah, $20

You guys aren't giving this product enough credit; safety bullets are the greatest invention since square wheels. It just makes sense.

Link Removed

Thanks for finally including that URL. Anyway, wow, this is simply amazing! Much better than following simple safe storage rules.:laugh:

If a child comes across and plays with a gun loaded with these and nothing happens, they may think that all guns will behave similarly. In the end, nothing can substitute for safe gun storage.

what a great invention! just think, now us gun loving 2A supporting people can just lay back and not even worry about being responsible. talk about a product that promotes stupidity...because some people are just too lazy to get a slight bit of education about it.

SECOND!!! Yet if your child finds your firearm and pulls the trigger, if you have a Safety Bullet®installed, your gun just became instantly disabled.

....and during a break in while under great stress you forget it is in there and try to shoot the intruder you may become Permanently disabled.

I came up with my own super-special firearm safety device......

Brain_090407.jpg

Fortunately, most of us here have and use these....

Just top your mags with 2 snap caps or 2 empty cases. All is BS except for dry fire practice.

I hear that congress is working on legislation that would require all BG to use this new "ammo" when committing felonious acts.

gf

Here's the reply I got back from the guy....

Andrew,

Thank you for your response. You are 100% correct in what you say I am not here to argue with you education and discipline go a long way in making our firearms safer. Right now just about anyone involved in firearms preach that including me and everyone here. Yet we still are having accidental shootings. If you read any of the stories its those that have no training or are too young to train are the ones having a majority of the Accidents.

Andrew I don't think its irresponsible kids that are the problem I think its a lack of reality for those folks that do not keep there guns safe. Their mindset is " It will never happen to me". The prisons are loaded with irresponsible gun owners. I read somewhere that one out of every 5 houses have a loaded gun and kids!
I understand why. People buy guns for protection not to be locked up. Trigger locks are a joke, no one uses cable locks - even more of a joke, gun safes take forever to get your gun ready to fire so whats the answer?

Any safety device needs to give you instant access to your gun. If it doesn't do that no one will use it. There is not a safety device on the planet that can't be beat including the Safety Bullet. What the Safety Bullet does is stay hidden because its not ON the gun its IN the gun. If it looks like there is nothing there anyone other than the gun owner will assume its unlocked and pull the trigger. Clink, the gun just became a paper weight.

We sell these two in a pack for a reason. One for in the firing chamber the other at the top of the clip. If they eject the first one they will load the 2nd one. In real life lets look at a real life situation.

Its 3 AM you wake to breaking glass.

Your gun is in a safe what do you do? Go to the safe, turn on the light, ( you just alerted the intruder where you are ) dial in the combination, open the door, find the gun - hopefully its loaded, now your ready to shoot just one other little problem you have lost you night vision and the intruder knows exactly where you are. One other little thing - gun safes are expensive.

Same situation with a trigger lock. Turn on the light, go find the key ( you can't keep it near the gun that would really be stupid) get the key, then load the gun.
Again you have lost lots of valuable time and left yourself exposed. Thats why no one uses cable locks.

Same situation - SAFETY BULLET. Pull your gun out cycle the action twice you have just loaded a live round. You did not have to turn on the light to alert the intruder where you were. Your gun is ready to fire in the blink of an eye. This device is the fastest safety device on the planet. Its easy and it works.

Mike
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 09:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Is what a joke? / REPLY

ME: Discipline?.training?.keeping your gun on you at all times?..

There are tons of ways to keep guns out of the hands of irresponsible kids and adults that don?t facilitate a lazy mindset conditioning someone to think ?my gun is 100% safe now that I have this device. I don?t have to do anything anymore.? What?s to stop a kid from cycling this thing from a chamber? Promote gun safety, not safety devices. It?s time to rethink owning a gun if this is your only fallback method to keep kids from getting shot with your gun. Great idea in theory?..real life is another matter.

Pascal Fleischman

Yet we still are having accidental shootings. If you read any of the stories its those that have no training or are too young to train are the ones having a majority of the Accidents.
People that have no training should think twice before going out and buying a gun. I don't know how to fly an airplane. Therefore, I will not go out and buy a plane and try to fly it, because I know I'll probably kill myself.

Trigger locks are a joke, no one uses cable locks - even more of a joke, gun safes take forever to get your gun ready to fire so whats the answer?
That's a false choice; possible safety measures are not limited to safes, locks and cables. Handling the gun with care is by far the best measure of all. I have a P3AT that has no safety whatsoever, and it has never gone off accidentally. No problem here.

Same situation - SAFETY BULLET. Pull your gun out cycle the action twice you have just loaded a live round. You did not have to turn on the light to alert the intruder where you were.
I guess...assuming the intruder is deaf. :rolleyes:

The hard reality is that people who have no training, or have kids and do not feel they can safely keep a gun away from them, should maybe consider not getting a firearm in the first place. That's a better idea than using something dangerous like the "safety" bullet.

I can see it now....

"The victim grabbed their gun and, forgetting that a Safety Bullet was installed, tried to shoot the perpetrator. This action disabled their gun and they were killed while searching for a rod to remove the Safety Bullet".

I don't think this one's gonna fly.

I can see it now....

"The victim grabbed their gun and, forgetting that a Safety Bullet was installed, tried to shoot the perpetrator. This action disabled their gun and they were killed while searching for a rod to remove the Safety Bullet".

I don't think this one's gonna fly.

Apparently the company didn't do much market research. Most folks wouldn't think about racking the slide before shooting. Also, this action takes up valuable time that could be used to engage the threat.

gf

Apparently the company didn't do much market research. Most folks wouldn't think about racking the slide before shooting. Also, this action takes up valuable time that could be used to engage the threat.
Does the entire thing eject, or what? That plastic thing on the end seems like it would cause the gun to jam.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back