Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

doublenutz

I found this "Licensed to Carry" armed decal at at Link Removed. By the way, I have to note that it is a registered trademark so please do not copy it and do the right thing. I have no affliation with this organization but I did purchase mine.

I guess this is supposed to be the recognized decal, created by law enforcement, for law enforcement officers to easily recognize. I was wondering if any body has seen these around and if there are states that prohibit them.

LTCARMED.jpg

Last edited:

I deliberately did this becuase I was initially unsure if it fit under the LEO Encounter topic or Concealed Carry Gear. I also wanted to get a very good cross section of exposure for the topic. At some point I can request Luke place it in one area where the topic seems to fit best.

Answer in one or the other, no problem.:icon_wink:

Thanks for posting doublenuts, I think its a good idea,

Yes, I am getting some pretty good and trusted advice from good friends in these forums, in the other thread, as to why it is not such a great idea to post these.

With a bit more exposure here I may ask Luke to move this topic to LEO Encounters.

I'm glad you posted this as I want to get one to go with my other sticker and my CCW badge! :tongue:

20jr7rt.jpg
244uvza.jpg

I'll put armed carry decal on my home as soon as those opposed to carrying post this sign:
Link Removed

Last edited:
illegal in NM

Doublenutz,

In answer to question if illegal in some states, that would be illegal in New Mexico. Staute:

Indicia of licensure. No person who is not a law enforcement officer, may carry a badge, patch, card, or any other indication of authority to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico other than the license issued by the department or a license issued by a state that has been accepted by transfer, recognition or reciprocity by New Mexico pursuant to the act.

... illegal in New Mexico. Staute:

Indicia of licensure. No person who is not a law enforcement officer, may carry a badge, patch, card, or any other indication of authority to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico other than the license issued by the department or a license issued by a state that has been accepted by transfer, recognition or reciprocity by New Mexico pursuant to the act.

I am constantly mystified at the ability of governments to dream up even more amazingly stupid and unnecessary laws. That just looks to me like another answer to a non-existing problem.

Do you have any information on why NM government thought a law needed to be passed to address that?

No stickers, no badges, noting on my home or vehicle to tell the BG that I'm armed. I'm going to let them find out the hard way!

Why would anyone want one of these? There's no conceivable reason. I can think of lots of reasons why it would be a terrible idea to have one though.

I am not big on posting stickers but I have had this on my front door before.

Link Removed

Great! Someone expressed their point of view!

OK... put whatever signs U want on your wheels but don't be a stupid ass like me and put a John McCain presidential sticker on your rear bumper and leave your car parked for a quick trip into a local supermarket to grab some rations. Came out 30 mins later to a fucking keyed decal and minor paint-work damage on a nice 2 year old SUV. So off come my NRA, Disabled American Veterans and the rest of the 'provocating' anything, just going to keep my opinions to myself and leave 'em off my now F/U-ed car.
Guess WA must be a Democratic freedom of expression to fuck-up my car state! :grr:
Pissed and would love to meet the Obama/Clinton loving jerk who was doing it when I walked out. :54: I think my fist may have shown my displeasure at his/her freedom to disagree with my political statement by taking it out on my car, and we are talking about CCW deals, fuck me but I guess that warrants all 4 tires slashed and all windows punched in too! Out of this thread, calling paint shops in town & wondering about the co$t of the repairs! Decals = some messed-up reaction U may not want/need.

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
OK... put whatever signs U want on your wheels but don't be a stupid ass like me and put a John McCain presidential sticker on your rear bumper and leave your car parked for a quick trip into a local supermarket to grab some rations. Came out 30 mins later to a fucking keyed decal and minor paint-work damage on a nice 2 year old SUV. So off come my NRA, Disabled American Veterans and the rest of the 'provocating' anything, just going to keep my opinions to myself and leave 'em off my now F/U-ed car.Canis-Lupus

It is absolutely disturbing to me that liberals get away with vandalism like that and they feel it is their place to take away another Americans right to free speech while damaging thier property at the same time.

In my opinon violations of another Americans constitutional rights should be procesuted with jail time first and fines second.

OK... put whatever signs U want on your wheels but don't be a stupid ass like me and put a John McCain presidential sticker on your rear bumper and leave your car parked for a quick trip into a local supermarket to grab some rations. Came out 30 mins later to a fucking keyed decal and minor paint-work damage on a nice 2 year old SUV. So off come my NRA, Disabled American Veterans and the rest of the 'provocating' anything, just going to keep my opinions to myself and leave 'em off my now F/U-ed car.
Guess WA must be a Democratic freedom of expression to fuck-up my car state! :grr:
Pissed and would love to meet the Obama/Clinton loving jerk who was doing it when I walked out. :54: I think my fist may have shown my displeasure at his/her freedom to disagree with my political statement by taking it out on my car, and we are talking about CCW deals, fuck me but I guess that warrants all 4 tires slashed and all windows punched in too! Out of this thread, calling paint shops in town & wondering about the co$t of the repairs! Decals = some messed-up reaction U may not want/need.

Canis-Lupus
Whoever did that will get what's coming to them eventually. Did you check with the store to see if they have any security camera footage?

I don't have any external stickers, except for my own when I'm running for something, or magnetic ones during campaign season (I guess I need to make a McCain one soon). But, I really like to look at other people's - even if they're liberals! I think they're interesting, and often amusing. I even take pictures of cars that have a ton of stickers.

IMO, I think any kind of CCW badge is a bad idea. The antis already think we are nothing better than wanna-be cops, so why give them more reason to think so?

That goes for Florida State stickers or Georga in Gainesville Florida. Keyed for sure. My son has Miami stickers on his truck and no problem . They know Miami is thugs and might shoot back.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back