Firefox 3.0 RC install ='s U lose Google toolbar!

Canis-Lupus

DON'T GO NEAR THE NEW FIREFOX [Firefox Setup 3.0 RC]. Install it and you will lose your Google toolbar! It will not install from any Google source URL tried every legit one for the last 3 hours, no big if a Yahoo toolbar is all U need, but only MSIE 5, 6, 7 or 8 will allow a Google toolbar, or older builds of Mozilla's Firefox. I know this is not gun related but this post may save you some grief :icon_sad: if you like Firefox and use Google for quicker/more secure access to plug-ins not available with a Yahoo toolbar only. I use(d) both. Firefox used to beat patching MSIE every few months! Will post to this thread when/if Firefox and Google ever quit their cyber-war. If you try to install it all you will get is: 'Unable to install Google toolbar it will not accept security updates'. Now I have to uninstall the new Firefox (crap) and go back to their last stable build, a Beta! :Beer:

Canis-Lupus :duimomlaag:

Last edited:
Many extensions won't work as Firefox is upgraded; the apps themselves have to be updated, and generally you should be able to get the updated version automatically when it comes out.

Go to Tools > Add-Ons > Find Updates and see if there is a newer version for anything. If there's not, it hasn't come out yet.

That settles it, I will never install Firefox. About the only company I hate worse than Yahoo is AOL. You can complain about Mocrosoft and Bill Gates all you want to but I hate AOL 10 times as much as you hate Microsoft. If you had been in the Internet business back in the lat 90's you would understand what illegal monopolies were. Any illegal tactics and false advertising ideas Microsoft ever used they learned from AOL amd Yahoo.

That settles it, I will never install Firefox. About the only company I hate worse than Yahoo is AOL. You can complain about Mocrosoft and Bill Gates all you want to but I hate AOL 10 times as much as you hate Microsoft. If you had been in the Internet business back in the lat 90's you would understand what illegal monopolies were. Any illegal tactics and false advertising ideas Microsoft ever used they learned from AOL amd Yahoo.
First of all, Firefox and AOL are unrelated. They are not produced by the same company; AOL is owned and operated by AOL. Firefox is an open source project continually refined by independent programmers and coordinated by the Mozilla Foundation, a nonprofit organization.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with Firefox per se - it's a high-quality, very secure and stable product. If anything is the matter, it's either the user's computer, or the accessories that the user has put onto Firefox. There are thousands of extensions available for Firefox, which do everything from show you the weather to connect with Paypal. If you want to do it, there's an extension out there for it.

Many extensions are made by independent purveyors though, and there's little formal quality control. You either have to get something that has a long history and is highly rated (like scriptblocker) or look at user comments. Obviously, not all extensions are high-quality, and those that aren't can sometimes cause problems. If Google hasn't updated the toolbar to work with newer versions of software, then that is solely the fault of Google - not an issue with Firefox.

As for Microsoft - they didn't invent illegal business practices, obviously. However, they significantly predate both AOL and Yahoo! and they started out marketing a broken product which required specialized support to fix, which they obviously charged for, or charged to train others in how to provide. General Motors actually invented this more than anyone else in the field of manufacturing.

AOL simply signed people up for something they didn't know they were signed up for, then charged them out the ear until people realized it and then cancelled their service with some difficulty. That's been around as long as governments have been charging taxes and then not delivering on promises.

My point is that if Firefox will only let you install Yahoo and not Google then I don't want it. I know they are different companies. AOL did a lot more than just sign up people for service. They would modify the operating system to the point that you could not use other providers. I owned an ISP and spent many hours getting customers back to working with my service and others after they inserted one of those demonstation disks from AOL. I know all about the Microsoft and AOL deals having followed them in detail sonce both were created. Ever used MSDOS 1.0 or AOL 1.0? I was finally dragged kicking and screaming into having to use both.

My point is that if Firefox will only let you install Yahoo and not Google then I don't want it.
This is more an issue of people getting frantic over something that isn't even an issue yet.

Firefox does not prevent you from using anything, or any browser bar. Google simply hasn't upgraded their browser toolbar to go along with Firefox 3 - primarily because it's not yet officially the stable version. I use Firefox 2.0.0.14 (the latest stable release) and it works just fine with the Google browser toolbar, although I do not currently have it installed.

When Firefox 3 becomes the stable release, Google will likely upgrade their software.

This is like getting worried about there not being enough places to plug in your electric car. What electric car? Oh, you don't have one yet, and neither do most other people. Obviously when it gets to the point where there's enough people to create sufficient demand, then there would be places to plug in, so it's a worry about a problem that doesn't exist yet.

If you're driving around in an electric car, or using Firefox 3...well, clearly you're ahead of everyone else. Just be patient.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back