rew Peterson Charged With Felony Weapons Offense After Surrendering to Police

HK4U

Peterson claimed he legally owned the rifle as an officer, and the law only pertains to civilians.

So let me see if I understand this. He is no longer a police officer but he thinks he is still above the law?:icon_sick:

Link Removed

Drew Peterson Charged With Felony Weapons Offense After Surrendering to Police
Wednesday, May 21, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

AP

Drew Peterson
Drew Peterson
Prosecutors have charged the prime suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance with a felony weapons offense.

Drew Peterson, 54, turned himself in to Illinois State Police Wednesday, after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

The former Bolingbrook, Ill., police sergeant was processed and was expected to return home later in the afternoon.

The weapons charge, a class three felony, stems from the fact that one of the guns authorities seized in their investigation into Peterson's fourth wife Stacy's disappearance is shorter than allowed by Illinois law, according to Peterson's attorney Joel Brodsky.

Brodsky said the weapon in question is an AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle that Peterson used while he was a police sergeant.

Peterson claimed he legally owned the rifle as an officer, and the law only pertains to civilians.

Stacy Peterson, 23, was reported missing Oct. 29, 2007, after she failed to show up at a friend's house and her family couldn't reach her. Drew Peterson said he last spoke to her the previous night. He has maintained that he had nothing to do with her disappearance, saying she ran off with another man and is in hiding.

RelatedPhoto Essays
Search Continues for Missing Chicago Mom Drew Peterson Police are also investigating the death of his third wife, 40-year-old Kathleen Savio. She was found dead in a dry bathtub in 2004. Her death was initially ruled an accident, but when Stacy Peterson disappeared, Savio's body was exhumed. An additional autopsy determined she was the victim of a homicide.

Documents show that Savio had filed for an emergency order of protection from her husband, writing in the file that "he wants me dead and if he has to he will burn the house down just to shut me up."

Peterson retired from the police force after his fourth wife vanished.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

The infuriating aspect of this story is that it's a felony to have a measly 1.5 less inches on your barrel. Life turned upside down over 1.5 inches. It could be any one of us. In NYS, the authorities can simply assert that my muzzle brake is not properly fastened to my barrel (needs to be welded, not simply screwed on) even if it is welded, and that's it, handcuffs, all my guns confiscated, felony charge, legal costs, permits revoked, etc. Exactly what the gun grabbers want. :ranting2:

The infuriating aspect of this story is that it's a felony to have a measly 1.5 less inches on your barrel. Life turned upside down over 1.5 inches. It could be any one of us. In NYS, the authorities can simply assert that my muzzle brake is not properly fastened to my barrel (needs to be welded, not simply screwed on) even if it is welded, and that's it, handcuffs, all my guns confiscated, felony charge, legal costs, permits revoked, etc. Exactly what the gun grabbers want. :ranting2:

I have no problems at all with the definitions as it is exact and clear. Now I can see the argument over any barrel length being illegal but to say that 1.5" less is OK vs. 6" less just means you re changing the definition. Having a barrel too short is a big difference than how your muzzle brake attached. If the law says that the brake must be welded and you have it screwed on then you are clearly guilty If the law says pemantly fixed and you screwed it on and then riveted it you have an argument.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back