a bit annoyed

Scarecrow

so I moved back to michigan not long ago. I renewed my utah ccw as a non resident even though michigan does not recognize any non res permits. so I knew I Had to get my michigan permit as soon as I could. so me and my step dad went through the class together. went down to the county clerks office together to submit our paper work and get our fingers printed. so today he got his permit... and mine is nowhere to be found. so I called to find out what was going on. they said that the gun board will review my paper work on may 28 even though they reviewed my step dad's 3 days ago and I told her this. she said it just depends on when they get the finger prints. I told her we got our fingers printed not more than 2 minutes apart. she had nothing more she could tell me.. only that mine will be reviewed on the 28th... so... that pretty much pisses me off.. I am sure some of you have had it worse than this. but what the hell? if they start the process after they get the finger prints, shouldn't we have been reviewed by the gun board on the same day? or was I 2 minutes too late? ok sorry.... just needed to vent a little.

Late License

Scarecrow,

The prints are forwarded to the FBI and then they review them. They do not receive them in any particular order, and they do not review them in any certain order. They are getting prints from all over the country and it is a small miracle that they get them done as fast as they do. The state agency has nothing to do with when or how fast the FBI works their way through the thousands of prints that they receive every day. They also review prints from every school, hospital, airline, nursing home, many taxi drivers and insurance agents in the nation to name only a few. The state is limited by the information that they get back, and the timeliness of the information. Just be patient, and I hope that you were nice to the lady that you talked to there in Michigan.

Last edited:
I feel ya scarecrow! I've been waiting 46 days and counting for the paper work to come back for my Walther P22 can. :eek:mg: waiting sucks!

remember she is just the county clerk. you may need her help some day. don't be Scared you will be ok. it will be here before you know it.

Scarecrow,

The prints are forwarded to the FBI and then they review them. They do not receive them in any particular order, and they do not review them in any certain order. They are getting prints from all over the country and it is a small miracle that they get them done as fast as they do. The state agency has nothing to do with when or how fast the FBI works their way through the thousands of prints that they receive every day. They also review prints from every school, hospital, airline, nursing home, many taxi drivers and insurance agents in the nation to name only a few. The state is limited by the information that they get back, and the timeliness of the information. Just be patient, and I hope that you were nice to the lady that you talked to there in Michigan.

of course I was friendly and polite. just called to get any info I could on the matter.. the finger prints were taken electronically. my step dad went first, then I went immediately after. just figured they would be sent in together.. at least that would have made sense to me. I did not complain at all. polite as possible.

I feel ya scarecrow! I've been waiting 46 days and counting for the paper work to come back for my Walther P22 can. :eek:mg: waiting sucks!

there we go! that's all I wanted LOL. someone who shares the "just can't wait" feeling.. good luck I hope you get it real soon.

We do fill for you Scarecrow. In my part of Michigan seems like it took around 5 to 6 weeks and just like waiting to get that new car or toy the clock seems to go backwards. they review here once a month if your one day past then you have to wait that much longer.:invision:

When Mi first became a shall issue state, the back up was real bad, don't worry it will all come to pass the delay is almost always with the FBI n it is not the clerks fault, but there is a time limit as to how long they can take.

One more thing, it's kind of like when you were a kid and the week before Christmas seemed to take a month to pass isn't it.

When Mi first became a shall issue state, the back up was real bad, don't worry it will all come to pass the delay is almost always with the FBI n it is not the clerks fault, but there is a time limit as to how long they can take.

One more thing, it's kind of like when you were a kid and the week before Christmas seemed to take a month to pass isn't it.

I believe the time limit is 45 days right? so what if it goes beyond that? and 45 days starting when? I thought it was with submiting the finger prints.

I believe the time limit is 45 days right? so what if it goes beyond that? and 45 days starting when? I thought it was with submiting the finger prints.

yep 45 days or they have to issue you a permit not shure what the start date is though.

In Kalamazoo county, the processing time was 'normal'. Then they stick another $4 or so dollars to laminated it. Won't let you do it yourself. Quite the racket.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back