how about the left coast?

Samurai

While browsing the forums, I saw this "Traveling" site and began thunking. I am about ready tto get start doing some extensive traveling at six week intravals. I probably can't take my Kimber, my XD40, my Smith or my KelTek to San Jose, my first west coast stop. And I doubt, they'll let me carry a samauri sword around either.:bigsmile:
So I'm thinking or taking my Gerber as back up and relying on my fists and wits. (Niether of which will get me very far).

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

later- Sam

Stay home

Stay home and play there

That would be my suggestion. Or pick your areas to travel where you can carry. There are so many states any more that will honor my CHL that I have decided to avoid the others and visit the 2nd amendment friendly states.:bigsmile:

What method of travel are you using? If you're driving, it shouldn't be too much trouble. Just don't take magazines that hold more than 10 rounds into the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Also, carry the firearm unloaded and locked in the trunk and the ammo elsewhere. The other states out here are much better.

Yeah, well unfortunately, my job requires me to fly out there for about six weeks.
Guess I'll just have to stay away from anywhere, where I might be in need of protection.
I'm sure that if I tell BG's that I have my CHL, but just not my weapon, they'll leave me alone.:laugh:
later - Sam

You might want to check to see if they have any reciprocity agreements with other states. I doubt it though. You can check your handgun through at the airport there is a proceedure for that unloaded, locked and sealed in a hard case etc. However you would not be able to carry it in CA. CA is a may issue state with each county coming up with it's own criteria for issueing permits which complicates things.

CA does not honor any other states CCW permits.

You can not bring any large capacity (greater than 10 rounds) magazines into CA. It's a felony if you do.

To legally transport the handgun, it must be unloaded and in a locked container.

You can legally have a loaded handgun in your hotel room.

As a non-resident of CA, carrying a concealed handgun is a felony.

What kind of knife do you intend on carrying?
There are some CA laws effecting knives which all result in felonies.

What kind of knife do you intend on carrying?
There are some CA laws effecting knives which all result in felonies.

I normally carry a Gerber assist-to-open with a 3 1/2" blade. I would hope I wouldn't have any probs with it

Stay home and play there

For all we know, the poor guy (emphasis on the poor) could be visiting family. My suggestion is, if you must visit the godforsaken people's republic of California, then just try to make your visit as short as possible and bring plenty of pepper spray. Oregon isn't too bad, and as long as you steer clear of Portland, you can open carry while on foot. Finally, as for Washington, it has reciprocity with FL, (and UT too, I believe, check the map) so if you can get a FL nonresident permit before you leave, then get it.

I lived in California for 48 years and never carried nor had the need to ever use a SD gun. I can do so now in the PNW but I traveled and worked in some of the worst parts of LA down there and it's really not as bad as people like to make out on a CCW forum. You'll have no problems I'm thinking.

I lived in California for 48 years and never carried nor had the need to ever use a SD gun. I can do so now in the PNW but I traveled and worked in some of the worst parts of LA down there and it's really not as bad as people like to make out on a CCW forum. You'll have no problems I'm thinking.

I drove for a number of years not using a set belt until it became law and I am still alive. I also worked in an e.r. a number of years and saw many hurt or killed because they did not have one on. I have yet to find it necessary to pull my gun in self defence but I might find it necessary to do so before this day is over. The point is you never know when you may need it but if and when the time comes and you do not have it you might just find yourself SOL.

Traveling by motorhome from NV to AZ

I realize this is an older thread but I have a similar question. After the first of the year, we plan on driving to Arizona from Nevada in our motor home. Arizona recognizes our Nevada CCWs, however I'm wondering if Arizona has any specific areas where there are restrictions, such as that blue card one in Las Vegas, or any other type of restrictions by county, city, or any other specific area? We will be in the state for only a few days, mainly in Quartsite (sp?). I've researched online and here on this site and I cannot find an answer to this question. Any/all comments would help. Thx!

I recently travelled from AZ to CA with my family on a camping trip to the Sequoias. Couldn't take gun of course. Left it at home and hoped for the best. As we drove up into the national park our van, towing a camper, began to get hot. It eventually got so hot that we had to pull over. When we attempted to take off again, the transmission wasn't working. We ended up disconnecting the trailer and attempting to make the campground w/o it. We drove another 4 miles and the van totally quit moving.

So there we were, in the middle of the forest, MILES from town and miles from the camp sites. It was getting dark, our cell phones didn't work there. We had a few people stop by and volunteer to give me a ride. There wasn't room for the whole family, so I would have had either leave the family there by the roadside, or let my wife go and stay behind.

A ranger did finally come by and gave us a ride to the museum. Where he dumped us off and suggested that we ask strangers to go get our camper for us, with us.

Other than my knuckles, we were totally defenseless. NOT a good feeling.

What's this have to do with this subject? I'm going to do my camping someplace OTHER than CALIFORNIA in the future! If someone had of wanted to rob or assult us, or kidnap one of my family, there wouldn't have been much I could have done about it.

I'll go to Colorado on the next trip, WITH my .45.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back