Neighbor Fatally Shoots Donut Store Robber

HK4U

Chalk up another one for the good guys. I am glad I live in Texas. There are some places in this country where the shooter would be in jail and the poor misunderstood criminal would be morned.

Link Removed

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Police said a man who tried to rob a donut store was shot and killed by a man who lives near the store Friday morning.

The robber broke into the store in the 100 block of Roberts Cut Off Road in West Fort Worth and terrorized the woman who was working there, police said.

Police said the woman, Angel Randle, ran out the back door screaming for help.

The neighbor heard the pleas, grabbed his shotgun and then fatally shot the robber, police said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Donut Store Robber Fatally Shot
Blog: Melissa Newton
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This is the second time this month she’s been robbed,” witness Raymon Farrell said. “And, God bless her soul, she’s still alive.”

A River Oaks officer was passing by the scene and witnessed the shooting.

Investigators said they questioned the neighbor, but don’t expect to arrest him.

Great story. I wish we all had neighbors like this who stand ready to defend each other from violent attacks.

How about we follow Robert Heinlein's story line (I forget from which book) wherein the killer of thieves is given a cash reward and the heads of the criminals are placed on stakes in front of his establishment to emphasize how safe shoppers are and that ne'er do wells should stay away.

Naw, even criminals' remains probably have rights...(it might traumatize their relatives or give children the reactionary idea it's ok to defend life and property)

...(it might traumatize their relatives or give children the reactionary idea it's ok to defend life and property)
Back in the early 70's, a good friend of mine from Dallas said he thought all executions should be televised in the elementary schools. His thinking was that children viewing someone dancin' on the end of a rope wouldn't want to learn those dance steps. Brutal? You bet! A deterrent? Perhaps. But what we currently have for law/order/justice sure as hell ain't workin'.

executions

Back in the early 70's, a good friend of mine from Dallas said he thought all executions should be televised in the elementary schools. His thinking was that children viewing someone dancin' on the end of a rope wouldn't want to learn those dance steps. Brutal? You bet! A deterrent? Perhaps. But what we currently have for law/order/justice sure as hell ain't workin'.

You know in the old testement they had public executions. The Bible says your were to take the guilty out side the public gate and stone them, "rock them to sleep" Justice was public and it did not take years for it to be done.

the way it should be... criminals think they can get away with anything. they are not afraid of what will happen to them.. and in a lot of states, why should they be afraid? they have so many rights still after they have done something so bad.... now that is sad.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back