Crackhead attacks car what would you do?

Call 911 and attempt to position myself where I could safely shoot the criminal if the situation developed where someone became in danger of being harmed. It would be tough to get a clean shot without risking innocents in that situation.

After December 1 in NC, the Castle Doctrine extends to vehicles, no duty to retreat. If he attempts to break in, he's taking he's risking his life, not mine.

This video (minus the ranting intro) was shown in my CHL class as a "what would you do" situation. The general consensus was that it was okay to shoot as soon as he swung at the window; however you would have to accept responsibility for your round along its entire path. AKA: Be *CERTAIN* of your shot before you pull the trigger.

Factors in this consensus included the cramped parking lot that disallowed getaway by car and obvious agitation and provocation by the assailant.

NavyLCDR:231433 said:
Call 911 and attempt to position myself where I could safely shoot the criminal if the situation developed where someone became in danger of being harmed. It would be tough to get a clean shot without risking innocents in that situation.
This is the responsible answer

Wait a minute, this is a retread, or in this case, a rethread. Didn't we already debate this a few months ago?

This is the responsible answer

Not entirely. You need to be able to prove you feared great bodily harm or death, not just being harmed.

Car assulted not me he lives he gets run over in my haste to escape fearing for my life but no bullets unless my window is completly out
Wording is everything

Not entirely. You need to be able to prove you feared great bodily harm or death, not just being harmed.

You know... the fact that he is wailing on the car with an object long and hard enough to dent the fenders, break the head light and the windows, fall into the classification of assault with a deadly weapon. And his mental state adds to the equation. armed and whacko. Yep formula for a dead man.

I guess the questions are this: Am I driving or a witness?

If I'm driving, run him over, smash him between cars, what ever. From the sounds of the screaming coming from the car, there were kids inside. Pop him 2 center mass when he gets to my side, or throw it in park, bail out, cocked and unlocked, when he round the front of the car, it's 3 or more in center mass. Whatever it takes to defend me and the other occupants of the car.

If I'm a bystander and by myself; 911, try yelling at him, not to be a hero but to break his fixation on the car. Angle to get a cleaner lane of fire if need be, but definitely call 911. Describe what's going on and me so when the cops get there they don't confuse me with the bad guy.

Someone that strung out is unpredictable and is not to be trifled with. There's no predicting what he may do

Car assulted not me he lives he gets run over in my haste to escape fearing for my life but no bullets unless my window is completly out
Wording is everything

In the video: rear window smashed out, passenger window smashed out, sounds like screaming woman or children from inside car. If you're driving, your window is intact but your wifes window is out and the rear window mear inches away from the baby in the car seat (my exageration for dramatic effect) strapped in the back seat, glass flying around inside, screaming ranting lunatic outside with a pipe or 2x4 smashing everything he can get to and you call it an assault on your car? Okay. It's your story, you tell it your way.

I guess the questions are this: Am I driving or a witness?

If I'm driving, run him over, smash him between cars, what ever. From the sounds of the screaming coming from the car, there were kids inside. Pop him 2 center mass when he gets to my side, or throw it in park, bail out, cocked and unlocked, when he round the front of the car, it's 3 or more in center mass. Whatever it takes to defend me and the other occupants of the car.

If I'm a bystander and by myself; 911, try yelling at him, not to be a hero but to break his fixation on the car. Angle to get a cleaner lane of fire if need be, but definitely call 911. Describe what's going on and me so when the cops get there they don't confuse me with the bad guy.

Someone that strung out is unpredictable and is not to be trifled with. There's no predicting what he may do

I have seen this video before. Agree with Walt.
My kids in the car. He's gone. I couldn't get away because of traffic blocking me in. That is what the video showed.
Bystander. Call 911. Shoot my own video!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back