Michigan CCW

njsportsman

Hello I am looking for another nonresident permit and obviously am looking for the most coverage. In doing scenarios using the map it seems that Michigan would give me the most. How hard is it to get a non resident Michigan? Keep in mind I already process a Florida and Virginia nonresident. With all 3 I would be able to carry in all but 15 of the continental U.S. states. Thanks

From the Michigan AG web site re: CCWs

"Michigan's concealed pistol law expressly recognizes permits issued by other states to its residents. MCL 28.432a. However, non-residents are subject to the Michigan law while carrying a pistol in Michigan, including those restricting where pistols may be carried, the implied consent provision, disclosure to a peace officer when stopped, and carrying while under the influence. A non-resident should acquaint himself or herself with the Michigan law before carrying a concealed pistol in Michigan."

Michigan does not issue non-resident CCWs and it will only recognize the CCW of the state in which you actually reside; it doesn't recognize non-resident CCWs issued by another state (so, for instance, you live in Florida but have a non-resident CCW from, say, Arkansas. Michigan will only recognize the CCW from Florida, your state of residence).

Utah is a good one and they issue non resident, might want to look into it.. I believe its $65 and not sure how long its valid

VA and FL are actually redundant. FL covers all that VA covers plus some.

You can add

AZ...will add 1 or 2 states to what you have now, can be had thru the mail, $60 initial/$43 renewal, and a copy of one of your current permits will suffice for training.

Link Removed will also add a couple to what you have now, can be done thru the mail, $65 initial/$15 renewal, requires a UT-certified proctored class.

Moving up to New England

Currently CT doesn't honor any other permit and Link Removed only honors a couple, none of which you have. Both CT and ME can be had thru the mail as well.

Link Removed requires at least one visit to obtain, requires a MA-certified proctor class, $100 for 1 yr permit,

Link Removed i believe also requires a visit.

Both MA and RI are May Issue.

You must be trying to get around the LAW dip stick!!!!!!! Please keep moving along we don't want people like you representing Michigan!!!!!!!

You must be trying to get around the LAW dip stick!!!!!!! Please keep moving along we don't want people like you representing Michigan!!!!!!!

I will refrain for putting down Michigan because of one person. I have had a lot of great conversations with people from Michigan and have to remember there are ignorant people everywhere and you must be their leader in Michigan. Yes NJ is a communist’s country but, instead of standing up and helping your fellow gun owner and CCWer you sling mud. Hey but that's alright I have enough enemies why do I need you? There is only one word for you and that’s you must be a Democrat because Dems only care about themselves and not the rights of others as long as you have your rights screw everyone else. Hey but that’s ok God Bless and hope your rights never gets infringed upon there in Michigan. Although I cannot carry here in NJ I would never want to see us go backwards.

VA and FL are actually redundant. FL covers all that VA covers plus some.

I know but I let the people where I got if from con me into both. He gave me the you want to have both due to reciprocity bla, bla,bla spiel. Thanks for the info. Where I got them from isn't too far from you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back