I just can't decide!

Well technically asking this question was worth the bandwidth because it led me to the sr9c which I didn't know existed until this thread. I agree everyone needs to try each for themselves though

Replacing H&K P30

Just bought a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro Series 9mm. The H&K is excellent, but just feels a bit big in my hand. The S&W fits my hand better, has a loaded chamber indicator, holds 2 more rounds (17) than the P30, and is cheaper (about $525 vs. around $850-$900 for the P30). I carry it in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

Oh yeah, I kind of considered the S&W M&P9C and the S&W M&P40C as well. I don't know why I didn't go that direction. If I'm not mistaken, those guns are a little cheaper than the SR9C even. I have heard that they are very good guns to have. If you decide to go the Beretta PX4 route, just do your research on the take down pin issue that I have read about somewhere. Other than that they have gotten great reviews.

To the person who mentioned having to fire 200 rds thru the SR9C, you are correct. I have heard the same thing. But, I have that about any brand new gun. 200 or so rds through any new gun is supposed to "break it in" and help work out some of the slide and trigger stiffness. In the research I have done, the recommendation is to fire 200 rds of FMJ through it followed by your choice of 50 self-defense JHP rds. That is to make sure your brand new pistol like the ammo you have chosen for it, because some firearms for whatever reason do not shoot certain brands of ammo well.

Either buy your gun at a gun show or from Buds. Buds has some really good prices on just about everything.

Rick

As for the take down issue, it's only an issue for the compact version. I own an F model and takedown is accomplished by pressing on a 'leverlike protrusion' on both sides of the slide. I did however go to the Beretta forum to see if I could find some info on the compact take down pin (lever) issue and didn't find anything mentioned. Though I don't intend on buying a compact, I hope someone will inform the rest of us when more info is available. Anyway, If a Px4 F (fullsize) 'fits', don't hesitate to get one because as to date, there is no issues with the model. What I can't figure out is just why Beretta went the way they did with the compact because there's plenty of room for the fullsize takedown system, as least as far as these old eyes can see.

As for the take down issue, it's only an issue for the compact version. I own an F model and takedown is accomplished by pressing on a 'leverlike protrusion' on both sides of the slide. I did however go to the Beretta forum to see if I could find some info on the compact take down pin (lever) issue and didn't find anything mentioned. Though I don't intend on buying a compact, I hope someone will inform the rest of us when more info is available. Anyway, If a Px4 F (fullsize) 'fits', don't hesitate to get one because as to date, there is no issues with the model. What I can't figure out is just why Beretta went the way they did with the compact because there's plenty of room for the fullsize takedown system, as least as far as these old eyes can see.

Here's where I found the info about the takedown pin. It was enough for me to not seriously look at that weapon. Well, that and I personally just don't like the way it looks or feels in my hand, though that, clearly is, is just a personal issue.

TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Beretta Storm PX4 SC WARNING

Rick

Here's where I found the info about the takedown pin. It was enough for me to not seriously look at that weapon. Well, that and I personally just don't like the way it looks or feels in my hand, though that, clearly is, is just a personal issue.

TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Beretta Storm PX4 SC WARNING

Rick

Thanks for the info, Rick, it is appreciated. I would really hate for someone to try my F model PX4, like it, and then decide on the SC version and have a problem with it.

Let me know how you like the drop in unit for your particular Glock pistol as I have been considering this conversion myself for my Glock 21 in 45. ACP to possibly got some more range time without the cost expences. I was also thinking of aquiring a Walther in 22 Cal. for my training sessions as well as for my Classes that I teach, hear in Utah.

Well technically asking this question was worth the bandwidth because it led me to the sr9c which I didn't know existed until this thread. I agree everyone needs to try each for themselves though
You made a good choice the Ruger is a good weapon, truth is you will never find 1 perticular gun that does everything well, conceal, carry, shoot, the LC9 and DB9 I would not waste the money on, most people are not be happy with them, AFTER they buy one, they sting like hell to shoot and dependability is questionable, the Glocks are the best as far as dependability, no (break in) nessessary, but not everybody likes them for whatever reason, same with the XDs, the 1911s shoot well but are a bit heavy to carry, but depending on your dress you mostly can get used to it

I carry a Glock 32 with a drop-in barrel for .40 S&W when .357 Sig is scare. You will never regret buying a Glock. With a little thought and the right holster it is not difficult to conceal. I've been carrying one for over two years and have never been questioned.

Smith and Wesson M&P 9c

I second this! Even better...the .40c. With a 40 M&P you can get a conversion barrel for 9mm from Storm Lake and with some 9mm mags from Greg Cote...bango, two calibers. Also you can get the M&P with/without safety, mag safety or that stupid HillaryLock.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back