Stun gun, taser, pepper spray, bear spray

kelcarry

Can you carry a stun gun, pepper spray, bear spray, etal and use in self defense? So many conditions and locations where your CC is a no no--are there acceptable self defense alternatives in SC law?

Thanks G for the reply. From what I read in Code, 50cc is size restriction which is about enough to wet my little pinkie. I have seen those little pittle key chain jobs and they do not impress me. You better aim right the first time or else. My neighbor is an investigator for the County prosecutor's office and I am going to ask him what his opinion and/or experience has been with citizen use of larger sprays. Just seems (which, of course means nothing legally) that if you are in need of self defense and a firearm is justified, than the spray from a can of bear spray should easily pass a test of legality.
PS: Take a look at 9/11 issue PostandCourier pet section article-love of my daughter's life is pictured with my letter. I'm sure you will appreciate the dog.

There is a size restriction for OC canisters in SC, unless you are a LEO.

A lot of states make the mistake of limiting the size of the mace canister but they often do not limit the number of canisters. In other words, buy 2 or 3 of the largest canisters allowed and either a pouch large enough to hold all of them or place them in different pockets. Most BGs don't expect you to fire from both hands simultaneously!

Hey Tek: It is amazing how our esteemed legislators can screw up everything including your right to defend yourself. Nothing like having a little pittle device in your hand awaiting a charging maniac intent on killing you when you could have something that can take down a bear at 30 ft. You would think that it would have a priority in the law over a firearm and death.

Somehow I feel that if SC allows me to CC and cause a death in self defense, they would not mind if I could also or alternatively carry a can of spray that will protect me and not cause death. Logic like Navy? Logic like anyone? Wish I understood what the whole reason is for the state to allow me to defend myself by any means at my disposal and then put restrictions on it---ie no firearm in restaurant serving liquor, size of spray can---the list of exceptions---stupid nanny politicians who cannot keep their thoughtless minds out of my business. In many cases these thoughtless wonders make sure that these restrictions to not apply to them----"do as say, not as I do".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back