Glock 26

Looking at purchasing a Glock 26. Would like to hear what your personal experiences pros and cons are for it. Thanks.

I carry the G26 99% of the time, its a good reliable gun. I use the extender on all my mags, for a better grip with out it, it will tend to hop while firing. All and all its a good gun and easy to conceal, most of the time I have it on my hip under my shirt, but I sometimes carry it on my ankle. hope this helps.

I carry a 26 as my EDC love it. I also use the grip extension on my mags as I have big hands, so it took a few rounds as I wanted to over grip it at first but some small adjustments it was fine.
I also use a crimson trace laser on it and use the galco kingtuk holster and you almost forget it's there.
Hope that helps.

I carry a 26 as my EDC, and love it. Its a great gun extremly accurate and reliable. I would def recommend a G26 to you or anyone else. But like stated above, get the pinky extensions, it gives you that extra needed grip and makes a works of a difference.

Hope this helps, and let us know what you decide

Since you said "pros and cons" I thought I'd throw something in here...

I currently don't own a handgun but am looking at getting my first for carrying. I was debating between the Glock 19 and Glock 26. I've decided to go with the Glock 19 because, as a few others have said, the grip on the Glock 26 is short. I could put an extender on but then it's basically the size of the Glock 19 in the grip and only about 0.5" shorter in overall length. I realize that the Glock 26 at least gives me the option of not having the extender on the magazine but if it's uncomfortable to shoot without the extender I simply won't use it without.

I can't imagine you'll be unhappy with the Glock 26 but I thought I'd throw in my thoughts about why I won't be going with one.

Also, some of the best advice I received was to go somewhere where you can rent/borrow one before you buy. If it isn't comfortable don't buy. You shouldn't force yourself to adapt to the firearm if something else out there is more comfortable.

Going with Glock, you won't be sorry. I personally prefer a full-size, because I'm a larger guy. My wife carries the subcompact (G27) but she's smaller-framed and has smaller hands. While I find the sub a little difficult to control, she finds it quite manageable. It all boils down to preference. There is no difference in reliability: both will serve you well. If you're unsure, go to a range that rents guns and shoot the G26 alongside whatever else you might be considering. I recommend you consider the G19 as well, just for comparison. Then decide what feels best, and what you will be comfortable carrying.

Another nibble for thought: Carrying a full size frame pistol is sometimes a challenge for me, especially in warmer weather. But I consider it a reasonable compromise, because if ever called upon to use it, the increased control and capacity of the full size frame will be MORE than worth the hassle. That being said, I recommend the largest frame you can effectively conceal, and are willing to carry regularly.

I could put an extender on but then it's basically the size of the Glock 19 in the grip and only about 0.5" shorter in overall length.
Not really true. My wife has a G26 and I have a G27, G21SF and a G30SF. Even with a magazine extender the G26/27 is much more compact and easier to conceal than a G19. You have to remember that in terms of concealment, it is the rear of the gun butt that tends to stick out first, and the magazine extension doesn't extend at the rear. It only extends at the front. But don't trust what I say, and certainly don't trust measurements from a brochure or a web site. Go to a gun store and hold both guns. You'll discover that, even with a magazine extension, there is a world of difference size-wise between a G26/27 and a G19.

As for pros and cons, my wife is getting rid of her G26 but not because there is anything wrong with it. She's just going to use my G27 instead because it's the same gun in a more potent caliber, and I'll no longer have to buy 9mm ammo in addition to our other calibers. The guns are great.

I had the same situation on which one. I went with the 19 and let me tell ya, no regrets. A buddy of mine bought the 26 when it first came out and I remember shooting that thing. With slightly bigger hands it was difficult to control. The 19 I just bought earlier this year (gen4) is just what has been said prior to what I'm saying. Great to shoot, conceals well in a comp-tac infidel holster, and I'm not a big guy, 6 foot and 170lbs. I'd go with the 19 hands down. And later if you wanted the 26, the clips will fit from the 19. Just my 2 cents.

I like my G-26, I just don't CCW with it to much. I'm a 1911 guy but I'll say the G-26 is more dependable and easier to conceal than my 1911's. As said, get the mag. pinkie extension.

Link Removed

Though I said I use the 26 for EDC I do own the 19 also and that works with the same holster. And once in a while I do carry it. But it does not carry the same the 26 is more comfortable.
Though not much bigger there is a difference.
Sometime I ankle carry the 26 and IWB the 19.
I know I wouldn't want ankle carry the 19.

I cannot say enough good things about the G26.....I have had my Gen4 for a few months and it is my CCW weapon of choice.....it is light....very accurate, easy to clean/maintain and with over 1000 rds thru it, i have never had any type of malfunction....it is one reliable gun

Thanks everybody, I greatly appreaciate all the input. I'm definitely going to go to the range and try out the G26 & G19. Being on the smaller side, I'm still leaning toward the G26 but won't rule out anything before I try them.

Go for it. None of mine, nor the dozens of people I've known with them, have ever so much as hiccup'd.

I've never used a glock. I guess it is a pretty good weapon.
my only prob. with it is if you down grade any other gun then I have no use for one.
i guess I'm more for the under dog.
more guns out there just as good as a glock. dont let anyone tell you any differnt

Being a Springfield fan, not to mention i outsell Glock about 10 to one. May i suggest giving the Springfield XD sub compact a look? Ready to go right out of the box without having to make essential upgrades. If you like the Glock, by all means go for it. Just have a look at the XD and make an informed decision. I have Police officers who chose the XD as their back up...just sayin

My wife uses G26 and I use G27. Both are great. She prefers the 9 because she says it kicks less than the 40. I say to her "whatever makes you happy".

G26

Good little mini~especially if you have a G17 or 19. I am an XD fan myself. There sub compact is a better quality Gun right out of the Box...meaning you wont have to make changes to your Barrel, trigger, spring etc. But i am biased, i really dont think you can go wrong and it really is a nice Handgun. Go for it, you wont be disapointed

I must be missing the boat on the XD, as I was not impressed with the HS2000 when it first appeared & never have given the Springfield any attention. I have owned many Glocks over the years, and still have a 23 with the Lasermax, as well as a 26 for my wife's CCW. I set her 26 up with a 15rd G19 mag, with the A&G grip extension. She is very happy with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back