sig p238 and +P ammo/ can it be used?

Usa007

i have done research and found really interesting ballistics test and would like to get some +P buffalo bore 100gr, I called Sig today and the guy said all their guns can use +P ammo but i want to hear it from someone with the same gun that has shot +P ammo???

CAN A P238 SIG SHOOT +P AMMO??????

Hornady CD is the round to pack in the P238 and LCP. The Buffalo Bore is fine for the Bersa Firestorm/Thunder and the Walther PPk/PPKs. These guns have a much beefier frame/slide assembly and can handle the heavier rounds. One word of caution though, follow the manufacturers recommendation for ammo for the weapon.

I currently have HCD in my p238 , I called SiG yesterday and a guy dais ALL their pistols can handle +P ammo. I'm not to shabby on what he said I guess I'll call back later and ask another person. The manual does not specify If it's ok to use. It does mention to watch out for loaded ammo because it can have extra pressure that van damage yourself or gun but nothing about manufactured +P ammo

I called SiG yesterday and a guy dais ALL their pistols can handle +P ammo. The manual does not specify If it's ok to use.
I suspect that a major issue here is that, AFAIK, SAAMI does not have a .380 +P specification. Thus, with no specification, it is unlikely to be mentioned in the manual.

9mm Luger, .38 special, and .45 Automatic do have SAAMI +P specifications. (the .38 super automatic does too, but I've never seen one) There is about a 10% increase in pressure capability with the .38, .45, and 9mm in +P. The .380 Service Maximum load (pressure) is higher than the .38+P (215/185) and comparable to the .45+P (215/230). The 9mm+P is higher than the .40 (385/350), .41 Rem Mag (385/360) and .44 Rem Mag (385/360).

Do you wonder any more why the .380 pistols are smaller and lighter than the 9mm? 9mm+P is almost 2* (385/215=1.79) the pressure of the .380.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back