You hear a bump in the kitchen........

KimberPB

Ok you hear a noise in the kitchen. Thinking its an intruder you grab the phone and you best home defense tool. You turn the corner into the kitchen and come face to face with..........

Link Removed
Pinellas Woman Finds 8-Foot Gator In Her Kitchen

A Pinellas County homeowner found an 8-foot-long surprise in her kitchen late Monday night.

An alligator.

Deputies say 69-year-old Sandra Frosti of 20 Evelyn Court, near Oldsmar, heard a noise coming from her kitchen about 10:30 p.m. and went to check it out. She walked into the room and saw the head of an alligator. Frosti quickly called 911 and left the house.

Deputies say the 8-foot-long reptile apparently pushed through the back porch screen door and entered the home through an open sliding glass door. It then walked through the living room, down a hall and into the kitchen.

A trapper with Animal Capture of Florida caught the alligator. The gator was slightly injured during the scuffle when a plate was knocked to the ground, cutting the animal.

No other injuries were reported.

I have to say I would reholster my pistol and go get a large rifle. I would then probably take a trip to jail for killing an animal.

How much gun does it take to kill a gator? Would a 9mm or .45 ACP handgun do it? Would you need a larger rifle, like a .308, or would a .223 or a .30 carbine do it? How thick is their skull? Would you take a head shot or would you go for the vitals? Is their heart roughly between and slightly lower than their shoulders or is that just not a good shot to take?

I have never seen one outside of the zoo and have no idea what I would do, we don't have then here in Colorado….

How much gun does it take to kill a gator? Would a 9mm or .45 ACP handgun do it? Would you need a larger rifle, like a .308, or would a .223 or a .30 carbine do it? How thick is their skull? Would you take a head shot or would you go for the vitals? Is their heart roughly between and slightly lower than their shoulders or is that just not a good shot to take?

I have never seen one outside of the zoo and have no idea what I would do, we don't have then here in Colorado….

A 9mm or larger should do. You would want to place your shot in the head slightly behind the eyes. I've hunted alligator with my .357 mag. The "head shot" from above is probably the best bet.

BTW, alligator meat is delicious! :wink:

gf

How much does it cost to mount a gator? Do you think a compound bow would penetrate? I don't want the neighbors calling the police because of shots fired.

How much does it cost to mount a gator? Do you think a compound bow would penetrate? I don't want the neighbors calling the police because of shots fired.

Compound bow may over penetrate and possibly richoceht if you have ceramic tile floors. I'd say bust out the trusty old handgun and place a couple of hollow points through the gator's head.

I used these guys before. They did an excellent job. http://www.gatorchasers.com/taxidermy.php

gf

They had a lady shoot a Gator a cople years back

Almost the same situation. The knuckleheads tried charging her with hunting without a license. BS. FL law now covers that pretty well (castle doctrine). I say marinate the tail in worcesteshire and turn the hide into a really cool range bag/belt and boots w/ matching holster/mag pouches.

As for the tail...grill it to sear in the flavor and serve with your favorite salad and baked spuds.

I can think of a few people who I don't particularly like that would suddenly be very welcome to come over to my house...

"Wow...yeah, I dunno what happened, this gator just jumped out and got him. Never seen it before in my life."

:bdaywink:

I would have killed it.If an aligator is in your kitchen it is a danger to you and your family.Besides,aligators are not endangered anymore.Plus,my neighbors are used to hearing gunfire on my property,though not from INSIDE the house.And,as has already been stated,aligator is delicious!

If it runs,swims,or flies,it's fair game!
:hyeah:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back