A new puppy found me this week.

BeauRyker

She wandered up to the house, and I just couldn't let her get away. She loves my 3 boys, and this one in particular. He's her protector! LOL! He follows her around like a bodyguard, and gets in between her and the other two. If she makes a peep, he comes runnin'. Kinda sweet to watch actually.

Link Removed

This little one knows where she be can safe...She looks well cared for. Are you sure no one is missing her, bawling their eyes for losing her?

We assume you're doing the right thing by advertising the new find so that the little girl who lost her puppy has the opportunity to regain her happiness.

This little one knows where it she can safe...She looks well cared for. Are you sure no one is missing her bawling their eyes for losing her?

I've stopped at every house on my road, told the Police Chief, put up a sign in our one restaurant, Dollar Store, etc. With 3 other big dogs, I sure didn't need another one. But with 100+ degree heat and her being so little, I just couldn't let her fend for herself. She did seem well taken care of, had a collar on (w/no tag)and no fleas. We get strays roaming around all the time, but they usually just go on down the road. This one I hadn't seen before, and she didn't seem to want to leave my porch. All I could think of was someone dumping the little thing, or leaving her behind when they moved.

Tried to give her away, but when everyone found out it was a PitBull puppy, they all freaked out. Ignorant people. So, unless someone shows up to claim her, her address is right here.:biggrin:

Congrats on the new familiy member! That's kinda how I got my last one, a Boxer mix puppy that was wandering along the road side when I was coming back from the range. She was starved to the point where all ribs were sticking out and probably did not have much mileage left on her. Now she's well fed and happy as a clam. We have 3 other dogs and one everyday house guest dog.

Congrats on the new familiy member! That's kinda how I got my last one, a Boxer mix puppy that was wandering along the road side when I was coming back from the range. She was starved to the point where all ribs were sticking out and probably did not have much mileage left on her. Now she's well fed and happy as a clam. We have 3 other dogs and one everyday house guest dog.

A man after my own heart.:biggrin:

I've stopped at every house on my road, told the Police Chief, put up a sign in our one restaurant, Dollar Store, etc. With 3 other big dogs, I sure didn't need another one. But with 100+ degree heat and her being so little, I just couldn't let her fend for herself. She did seem well taken care of, had a collar on (w/no tag)and no fleas. We get strays roaming around all the time, but they usually just go on down the road. This one I hadn't seen before, and she didn't seem to want to leave my porch. All I could think of was someone dumping the little thing, or leaving her behind when they moved.

Tried to give her away, but when everyone found out it was a PitBull puppy, they all freaked out. Ignorant people. So, unless someone shows up to claim her, her address is right here.:biggrin:
My youngest son has a pitbull. He is so adorable...I just love him to bits when I am home in Australia. He knows "Mom is home" and he will be well cared for. Dogs attitude and demeanor depends on the master and other people who share the same house.

Ours was a stray too! Pit bull. Most gentle dog I've had. Loves everyone. A dog's behavior is rooted in the temperment of the owner.

Good lookin' pup. Love that brindle color. The big dog in my picture is some part Pit. He was about to starve when I found him as well, weighed maybe 35#. Now he's about 115# and the sweetest dog I've ever had. Just a big teddy bear. Hardly ever barks, and I've never heard him growl. You could tell when I got him that someone had beat the hell out of him. Real skitish, but I just about got him over that I hope.

A pit...its amazing you didn't have to just shoot it on sight!!!

My wife and I just adopted a rescued pit/greyhound. She was also very skittish when we first got her because we believe the first owner cropped her ears on their own. They did a horrible job. In the past 5 days she has been less twitchy, has not growled, has barked when she hears a noise out the window, licked as many peoples faces as possible, and started playing with all the toys laying around. Again, Congrats on your new addition! Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

My wife and I just adopted a rescued pit/greyhound. She was also very skittish when we first got her because we believe the first owner cropped her ears on their own. They did a horrible job. In the past 5 days she has been less twitchy, has not growled, has barked when she hears a noise out the window, licked as many peoples faces as possible, and started playing with all the toys laying around. Again, Congrats on your new addition! Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Congrats! Just stick with her. I've had mine about 4 years and although he's gettin' a whole, whole lot better, I really have to watch myself as far as raising my voice, or even picking up a broom or flyswatter. Nowhere near as bad as he was though. Breaks my heart to imagine what he must have gone through.

Ours was a stray too! Pit bull. Most gentle dog I've had. Loves everyone. A dog's behavior is rooted in the temperment of the owner.

(((Cough))) then I must have multiple personalities ... I have one hyper dog, one laid back surfer dude, one grumpy old men and a jumpy puppy!

A dog that is not wanted, that is dropped off heaven-knows-where and left behind could be considered an unlucky dog. However, turns out your new family member is a lucky dog indeed! Good for you dude to take her in, may she live a long and happy life with you!!!!!!

A dog that is not wanted, that is dropped off heaven-knows-where and left behind could be considered an unlucky dog. However, turns out your new family member is a lucky dog indeed! Good for you dude to take her in, may she live a long and happy life with you!!!!!!
Hear! Hear!.....

I do what I can tuts. You ought to see her now! Growin' like a weed. Had a tense moment though a week or so back. One of my other big dogs hurt her back playfighting with her, and thought I might have to do something drastic. Had 2 or 3 really bad nights. But, I took her to my vet, he x-rayed her, and gave her a bunch of meds. After a week, she's back kickin bigdog ass. Never would know anything was ever wrong with her. I just love my pups!:biggrin:

How about an update regarding your new addition? Does your place now belong to him with his "allowing" you to live there yet! :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back