New movement needed

PonchoTA

We need to get military bases to recognize our CCW's too. I'm so tired of having to backtrack 23+ miles each way just to drop off my firearm back home because I want to go to the base exchange or commissary, or go to work on an outpost "base".
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why in the world am I forced into a position to NOT be able to defend myself???

This is total BS. :angry:

Does anybody out there have any ideas/suggestions?

ETA: With the uptick of "flash mob" mentality and living so close to the border here, you'd think we would have some ability to have some recourse, but I haven't found any as yet.

Thanks,
Paul

Anybody else see this as a problem also? Or is it just me?

I wrote a letter to the local base commander here, we'll see what he says. I'll bet dollars to donuts that he says no "because of the safety of those already on the base". :rolleyes:

Here's fingers crossed though!

Anybody have an input on this?

i agree

I'm not mil or ex-mil and I don't get to the base often. However, it bothers me that I can't have my firearm on me or in my vehicle should I get to the base because it's far from home and I may need it before or after!

There are probably good reasons why we can't be armed on base, but it would be nice to at least have a secure area there to store one's firearm while visiting. Maybe some bases have that - never inquired.

Well, I got some positive news today!

There is a directive for my local base here that allows retirees that are AZ CCW holders to bring their weapons on base as long as they are physically empty and locked away while on base.

In other words, I can pull the mag, put the gun into the glove box and lock it up while on base and I'm legal! And when I leave the base, I can unlock it, put the mag back in and be armed again!

Awesome!

You (retired and active duty) guys should inquire to the base security officer as to this possibility too!

:cheers:
Paul

Good news indeed Poncho, I bet you are glad you asked! Hmm, guess I'm just plain lucky they never physically searched me...

I agree, we military guys should be able to carry on base. But, I've noticed many people in the military are not pro-gun. It amazes me... but I run across it all the time. The leadership would never sign off on something like that... they'd site that too many "young, immature, kids" would carry weapons on base and shoot somebody. I laugh at that, we are asked to fight wars but we're not trusted to carry firearms safely on a military installation.... go figure.

I agree, we military guys should be able to carry on base. But, I've noticed many people in the military are not pro-gun. It amazes me... but I run across it all the time. The leadership would never sign off on something like that... they'd site that too many "young, immature, kids" would carry weapons on base and shoot somebody. I laugh at that, we are asked to fight wars but we're not trusted to carry firearms safely on a military installation.... go figure.
You can thank Clinton for that one. Military USED to be able to carry on the base, even openly. But WJC decided (on whose recommendation I do not know) that the only people on a military base that needed to be armed would be base security (DoD and Rentacops). That's it.

That happened in around '90 or '91 or so I believe.

Idiots. That's how come that azzhole in Ft. Hood was able to exact so much damage. LUCKILY there was at least ONE base security person in the area (and she was on break, just happened to be near there) to stop him at only 13 people killed, and others wounded.

:(

One clarification, "flash mob" is a term that refers to all sorts of arranged ahead of time mass gatherings. It has almost universally meant "lets all get together and do something goofy" like spontaneously singing or dancing in a mall.

The use of "flash mob" to refer to a gang of hooligans all robbing the same place at once is a *VERY* new use.

One clarification, "flash mob" is a term that refers to all sorts of arranged ahead of time mass gatherings. It has almost universally meant "lets all get together and do something goofy" like spontaneously singing or dancing in a mall.

The use of "flash mob" to refer to a gang of hooligans all robbing the same place at once is a *VERY* new use.

Still apropos.

"Flash" meaning it starts up with little provocation
"mob" with the negative connotation and all that it implies, typically thuggish behavior.

I stand by my use of the term.

Anybody else see this as a problem also? Or is it just me?

I wrote a letter to the local base commander here, we'll see what he says. I'll bet dollars to donuts that he says no "because of the safety of those already on the base". :rolleyes:

Here's fingers crossed though!

Anybody have an input on this?

Base commanders do not have much of a choice, thanks to former President Clinton.
It it now Federal Law. Hopefuly soon to be President Perry will over turn Clinton

You can thank Clinton for that one. Military USED to be able to carry on the base, even openly. But WJC decided (on whose recommendation I do not know) that the only people on a military base that needed to be armed would be base security (DoD and Rentacops). That's it.

Idiots. That's how come that azzhole in Ft. Hood was able to exact so much damage. LUCKILY there was at least ONE base security person in the area (and she was on break, just happened to be near there) to stop him at only 13 people killed, and others wounded.

Yes, it was Clinton, but he took office in January, 1993, so it was sometime after that.

Base commanders do not have much of a choice, thanks to former President Clinton.
It it now Federal Law. Hopefuly soon to be President Perry will over turn Clinton
I understood that it was an executive order that Clinton signed; that's different from a Federal Law. It's still in effect until another president rescinds it. Obama certainly won't, so it will depend o a Republican to be elected to get it done.

"Gay" use to mean "Happy" until the abnormal stole it. Sooo what is your point? The libtards screwed up the language and we have to bend to their whims. Screw them all, let's call them "Crime Mobs"

Not stole, allocated. The American Psychiatric Association used to refer to homosexuality as a psycological illness. Your "undesirable" folks responded by saying that they were not ill and were happy being how they are. This is how the term "gay" came to mean homosexual, and it still means happy, because they are.

I will accept high jacked.

I am really gay you shared your infamous wisdom. For some reason it just doesn't sound right. These folks didn't choose to be
homosexual any more then someone choosing to being heterosexual. I don't see any correlation between the two terms.

Sorry but this is way off track. I was on active duty in the Marine Corps from 1961 to 1991. I have been on Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps bases throughout that period. It has always been forbidden to carry a personal firearm on base. You could keep one in base housing (if registered at PMO) but not in barracks or BOQs. The only weapons that could be carried openly were issue weapons and then only if you were on duty and authorized by command authority. Clinton had nothing to do with it. It has been the rule for a long time.

Sorry but this is way off track. I was on active duty in the Marine Corps from 1961 to 1991. I have been on Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps bases throughout that period. It has always been forbidden to carry a personal firearm on base. You could keep one in base housing (if registered at PMO) but not in barracks or BOQs. The only weapons that could be carried openly were issue weapons and then only if you were on duty and authorized by command authority. Clinton had nothing to do with it. It has been the rule for a long time.

Quoting above from WJH2657

you are partly correct. Those who were on active duty were/are prohibited from carrying weapons on base.
However, around 1992 when the states started issueing carry permits WJC issued an executiver order tp prohibit civilians/retirees from carrying on base. This order is still in affect. Hopefuly soon to be President Perry will overturn it.

As stated above by Military Man, carry of any kind on base is prohibited (personal weapons) but your weapon can be brought on base via your car as long as it is unloaded and locked away. Some bases are different but the info is easy to extract from the Provost Marshall's office.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that if you register your weapon on post you are able to bring it into the installation as long as it is unloaded and in the trunk of your vehicle; check with the Provost Marshall Office. I do agree with you that you should be able to carry your concealed weapon. But as Military Man stated above, Federal Law prohibits bringing weapons into federal buildings.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back