Gun Store Aiming Pad Thingies

localgirl

I guess if G50 says "CCW neck chain holder thingies," I can say pad thingies.

Does anyone know what the aiming pads sometimes found behind the counter at gun stores are called, and where I might be able to get some?

goldwater, I'm not sure I know WHAT the heck I'm talking about. In another forum, someone mentioned a place to aim your gun while in a gun store. It sounded like a sand or lead-filled pad.

I'd probably call it a bench rest bag. They seem to range from little more than a sandbag to nice, complex mounts that just about hold everything for you.

goldwater, I'm not sure I know WHAT the heck I'm talking about. In another forum, someone mentioned a place to aim your gun while in a gun store. It sounded like a sand or lead-filled pad.

I think there was a post on here somewhere and I think it's just a spot or target where you can aim to dry fire a gun when thinking of purchasing it.
I could be off though. Do you have more context of the post?

I think there was a post on here somewhere and I think it's just a spot or target where you can aim to dry fire a gun when thinking of purchasing it.
I could be off though. Do you have more context of the post?

Originally Posted by macg19
There was a news article posted here last week about a 23 year old guy who was demonstrating how the safety works to his friends by pointing the gun at his own head...guess how that turned out.

Gander Mountain has small backstops to aim at behind the counter, many stores don't have anything, they should all use these to create a SOP.

This was from a thread at defensive carry.com, called big fight at the gun store, or some such thing. Yes, what I'm looking for is something to aim and dry fire at, to catch those bullets than will never be in the gun.

Ok more than likely the backstop is a brick wall, or other solid surface, where they have a target to aim while dry firing.
When going to a gun shop it's proper etiquette to ask them where to aim to dry fire the gun. They'll tell you where to aim and the target can be just about anything from a paper target to an animal head.

Oh, first ask if you CAN dry fire one of their guns, some shops don't like you doing it.

Yesss! This is it! Thank you thank you! I found the most strategic...wait..."tactical" place for our customers to aim:) with the most layers of wall, and the least amount of potential humans on the outside.

I've already got people who work here, and think they know guns, taking a bead on passing traffic.

Yeah, the guns are unloaded, yeah, we don't even have ammo in the store yet. But you all know how that works....

SGT, we'll be open in Sandpoint in a few weeks. We're kind of small, aiming for that boutique sort of niche, but we can get just about any brand, and we'll have a lot of guns in stock. Plus, you can order from our website and we ship it to your nearest FFL. RockwellArms.com...Stop in and say hi if you're in the area.

I'm sorry... but anyone that is "taking a bead on passing traffic" shouldn't by working anywhere other than Toys'R'Us and selling Nerf guns.... just my opinion...
Wow... I think I will be staying OUT of that store...

I'm sorry... but anyone that is "taking a bead on passing traffic" shouldn't by working anywhere other than Toys'R'Us and selling Nerf guns.... just my opinion...
Wow... I think I will be staying OUT of that store...

I'm working on educating them. It's hard for men when women try to tell them how to properly handle firearms :) But never fear, I'm in the store most of the time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back