Troubling Trends Beginning to Surface

Catfan63

Link Removed
Link Removed
This 'mob mentality' is popping up more and more! First the situation in Wisconsin now in Missouri-

Since Missouri is a shall-issue state, more than likely, these gangs will come upon someone that has taken their personal safety into consideration --- I hope and pray no one will be injured by being associated with a group with no good intentions. However, it appears that is what will have to happen if these trends are to cease.

Soon there going to jump the wrong person. As soon as one or more of these baboons get hurt or killed this crap will stop.

Soon there going to jump the wrong person. As soon as one or more of these baboons get hurt or killed this crap will stop.

John- I hope that's not the case but I'm afraid you are right... can't we all just get a long??? Fortunately, the founding fathers had the foresight to make provisions for such issues. I'm sure glad they did!

I think we have just started to see the beginning, and it's not soon to end if it ever does end.
We are now dealing with a real new mindset.

I wonder if any of those kids were taping the attack? They think it's cute & they post it on line so they can brag about it. Similar situation here in Detroit where these kids fight each other & post it for ha-ha's.

Heavy outgoing fire from prospective victims will end this foolishness quicker than anything.

This is happening all over the US. Chicago, Detroit, other places are doing a meet and steal everything in the store. I saw this on another forum. It is a sad state of affairs.
Catfan....
"I hope and pray no one will be injured by being associated with a group with no good intentions. However, it appears that is what will have to happen if these trends are to cease."

While I agree that it is a shame someone is going to get hurt doing this crap. I taught my boys a lot about guilt by association... If you run with morons you are going to be treated like a moron. Don't do that! - If someone gets hurt while running with morons, so be it. I'll feel bad for them for a few seconds, then I'll get over it.​

I hope it does not happen in Texas.

If it does, boy they are going ro be hurting for extra meat wagons..!

Honey... get ready with the pine boxes..they are coming in mass.

Haven't heard of these happening around here yet. I bike commute, and I concealed carry when I do. (No, I don't wear spandex when bike commuting. THAT would be assault with a deadly weapon...

..they are coming in mass.

I believe the term you are looking for is "coming en masse". "Coming in mass" is something that would get you in trouble with the Padre....... :biggrin:

(I don't normally do 'spelling and grammar' correction posts, but your quote was just too good to pass up.)

During a meeting today at work, I asked folks about this very situation. NO ONE had heard about it. Some had heard about the Wisconsin fair issue. No one about Chicago, Detroit any of the other crap going on. I asked what news station they watched, paper they read or radio station. Mostly, younger folks don't seem listen to news. One - One person out of a dozen in the meeting heard anything about the crap going on. Yeah, he's conservative. Listens to Glenn Beck, Fox and the local radio station. No wonder they don't know what's going on until they can't change it.

Just like you tazzie, I am also from here but I had not heard about that incident either...maybe I listened to the wrong station.

Just like you tazzie, I am also from here but I had not heard about that incident either...maybe I listened to the wrong station.
Interesting that it's not been widespread there... usually news is news but some organizations do have a tendency to cover what their upper management dictates. I get most of this type of news from the internet and Drudge.

Must've been crips. Which stands for "Cowards Run In Packs." And I do believe you are right, one of these days they're going to attack the wrong person, and one of them will end up with his guts in his hands. Unfortunately, if so very few are reading of this in the news, how many will read about the attack that goes wrong because they picked an armed citizen? This lesson will be long and bloody.

During a meeting today at work, I asked folks about this very situation. NO ONE had heard about it. Some had heard about the Wisconsin fair issue. No one about Chicago, Detroit any of the other crap going on. I asked what news station they watched, paper they read or radio station. Mostly, younger folks don't seem listen to news. One - One person out of a dozen in the meeting heard anything about the crap going on. Yeah, he's conservative. Listens to Glenn Beck, Fox and the local radio station. No wonder they don't know what's going on until they can't change it.
1% of the people make things happen, 9% of the people watch things happen, and 90% of the people say, what happened? :to_pick_ones_nose:

Where the trend will head

My wife and I talk about this stuff as it hits the news and the forums and try to determine where it might possibly develop. It's interesting that the convenience store clerks and the bicyclists are static and mostly unarmed targets. It's almost like the mobs, or at least their leaders, researched the stores or the particular hobbyists (cyclists) and determined that the store chain didn't allow them to be armed and also that a cyclist really has no way to hide a weapon in his typical Spandex attire.

Also, unlike my wife and I who ride motorcycles, a cyclist can't see the mob, roll on the throttle and power through/over the mob and try to escape. This is probably the reason we have not seen "Flash Mob Carjackings" yet - it would cause to much damage to the mob members if/when the driver panicked and just stomped on the gas and treated all of them like irritating orange cones while he tried to escape to save his life.

Just a note for other motorcyclists: If you are right-handed, you cannot roll on the throttle and draw your strong-side weapon. Consider carrying your BUG on your off-hand side, maybe in a pocket holster that you can draw in first or second gear and just keep moving while armed. If anyone grabs you or your bike to drag you off of it or throw it to the ground, it could be considered gang activity, terrorism, vehicular assault, carjacking, and of course manslaughter or second-degree murder. If three to five people or more are attacking you, the "group/gang laws" apply in most states and you can defend yourself as if the gang is armed even if they do not have weapons. Check your local laws before applying this, but a lot of states have laws applying to groups attacking a single person or couple.

You folks sure do fantasize...like a cowbiy movie, I am sure nothing bad ever happens in Texas.

Dark: These people aren't fantasizing all that much. These mobs are happening and that is a fact. Thinking about what you would do in the event you got caught up in a mob needs to be addressed before it actually happens to you. From your avatar, I assume you have heard of the saying: Prior Planning Prevents Pi%%poor Performance. That is what they are doing, verbally right now, in actuality later. Nothing wrong with that and that is why we carry weapons in the first place.

The possibility of a "flash mob" happening in the area where I live is lower than getting hit by lightning on a clear day. On the rare occasion that we visit the grandkids who live close to/in bigger cities, there would be a remote chance. I haven't been to a big city for so long I hardly know how to get there. The thing about the State Fair is a whole different situation since I'm more likely to do that. I'm too old to run, too puny to fight, but I will damn sure shoot as many as possible if attacked by a mob of teenage heathens. I ran this past my son who frequents ST. Louis on business and his input was "better to run away" than attempt to stand your ground IF running away is an option. That said, he's 1/2 my age,4" taller, and 40# heavier and usually alone when in the city. When I'm in town, I have the Mrs and possibly MIL(80ish) so running is NOT an option under any circumstance. When the young misfits pick the wrong people and a bunch of them get the slapdown, this stuff will take on a different perspective for them and it won't be all that much fun anymore.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back