Poll - OC or CC

If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

• Total voters
Mostly concealed, because my city is a "no loaded open carry unless you have a concealed license" city. Yes, this means I *CAN* open carry legally; and I could have open carried before unloaded. But either way, you're going to draw unwanted attention. I'd rather just leave it silently concealed. If I need it, it's still there.

When in towns where loaded open carry isn't prohibited, I open carry.

Mostly concealed, because my city is a "no loaded open carry unless you have a concealed license" city. Yes, this means I *CAN* open carry legally; and I could have open carried before unloaded. But either way, you're going to draw unwanted attention. I'd rather just leave it silently concealed. If I need it, it's still there.

When in towns where loaded open carry isn't prohibited, I open carry.
And that is your choice, as it should be. My choice is open carry most of the time. There are times when I prefer to conceal. Usually when I don't feel 100%, and there fore don't think I'll be as alert as I should be when I OC. But in the end, it's my choice, and I don't need any armchair quarterbacking from someone who doesn't OC.

Thank you very much! :wink:

Don't you just love it?

People who have never open-carried, trying to warn people who open-carry daily, for years, about the realities and dangers of open-carry, based not on experience or reality, but on their vivid and hysterical imaginations, and overactive glands.

And then they can't understand why we laugh at them and roll our eyes. Read my sig.
Yeah, I love it so much, I'm ready to puke. :wink:

Really, if they (the anti-OC CCers) don't want to OC, that's fine with me. Just don't go around spewing all the usual myths, telling me my choice might get me killed. I might get killed crossing the street. I might get killed on my way to work. I might even die in my sleep. So enough with the BS myths.

(Did that come across as bitchy? :girl_wink: )

I usually cc but when I see an OC'er I don't bother them or take their time I just say something like "Thank's for OC'ing" and move along with my business.

Don't you just love it?

People who have never open-carried, trying to warn people who open-carry daily, for years, about the realities and dangers of open-carry, based not on experience or reality, but on their vivid and hysterical imaginations, and overactive glands.

And then they can't understand why we laugh at them and roll our eyes. Read my sig.

You sound like a cigarette smoker who, because they don't have cancer, blasts non-smokers for pointing out potential problems with the decision to smoke. I don't need to be an OCer to recognize the various negative issues that I believe could very well arise from such activity.

I'll never tell you not to OC, but I will defend my reasons for choosing not to.

I can't see the poll on this Android phone.
I mostly CC when in public, OC a little, but have never had a bad moment because of OCing here in south Alabama. In fact, people seem to be more friendly toward OCers here.

B2Tall:224492 said:
You sound like a cigarette smoker who, because they don't have cancer, blasts non-smokers for pointing out potential problems with your decision to smoke. I don't need to be an OCer to recognize the various negative issues that I believe could very well arise from such activity.

I'll never tell you not to OC, but I will defend my reasons for choosing not to.

Smoking has been proven to cause cancer. While OC has not been proven to be a more dangerous method. Nice comparison.

B2Tall:224023 said:
Never occured to you that those who would cause you the most "hassle" are those who have already made up their minds on the matter? Thus would be the least willing to "talk with' you on the topic.

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago.....
GG

You can't teach somebody who already knows everything. You can't educate the omnipotent.

Want a tissue?

There are times when I prefer to conceal. Usually when I don't feel 100%, and there fore don't think I'll be as alert as I should be when I OC.

Could you expand on this a little more?? I'm not quite sure I follow you. Why would you need to be more alert when you OC as opposed to when you CC?? Is there something that worries you more while OCing than CCing?? Thanks.

Just don't go around spewing all the usual myths....

It's not a myth to those people who believe it. Apparently thats the majority of posters on this site. Logic tells me that there are many more people here that think you're the one "spewing myths".

thank you. As i do know ever thing, it is good that you know that I know you know I know ever thing.
ya know?

cause some of the others do not know that. So they need to go to school and maybe someone can inspire one or two of them to become some one great or maybe just the best they can be.

and besides its a great place to pick up chicks.

LOL, I see we are back at each others throats over how we choose to carry our firearms. In the words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

What does it matter how someone chooses to carry their firearm? As long as they are being safe and following the basics of firearm safety does it really matter? I'm sure I'll hear something like this "Well it gives the anti more fuel for their fires", to that I say SO WHAT! They are called antis for a reason, they will always be around in some shape or form. Does that mean we should stop living our lives the way we want? Change our life's to better suit the needs of the antis? Or just live our life's the way we choose to and flip them the bird!

In some states that have a vary low rate of CCW permits, OC is being used as a vary effective tool to bring wide spread attention to the matter.

What if the laws in the US stated that all firearms carried must be in the open, no such thing as CCW permits for citizens only for LEO and military. Would those of you who bash your fellow peers for choosing to OC start bashing those who have CCW permits?

I have to say I think part of the problem is your envious of those who choose to oc. Because they have the brass tacks to do something you can only dream about.

I'll get the whole "they scare people" "Bring negative attention from Law Enforcement" etc...

News flash all those same things happen when people find out your carrying concealed. Inform the officer your armed and your on the ground with a swat team and two APC's around you.

Why is it that you vary same people are fine with police officers OCing on and off duty?

Show me hard facts that show OCing is negative in anyway? I can only remember of one time when a OCer was attacked by a nut job. Flip that around and it had been a CCW permit holder who was printing and was attacked, would you bash concealed carry?

Come to think of it, all the negative things I read/watch that have to do with firearms in the news the person involved was a CCW permit holder. Discharging firearms,leaving them behind in the rest room,shooting them self's etc, just about every case the person happened to be a permit holder.

It's not a myth to those people who believe it. Apparently thats the majority of posters on this site. Logic tells me that there are many more people here that think you're the one "spewing myths".

Well if we were to throw logic in the mix, then I would have to disagree with you based on the results in this poll.

Combined, 50% (as of this posting) like OC vs 33.3% who are strictly CC. That suggests to me that many more would OC all the time if there werent so many horror stories about what might happen, vs what hasnt actually happened, perpetuated on so many forums by people, who imo, are no better in their mentality about OC than the antis are about any carry.
Liberty is not just a word and sooo many people miss the point of it. I may not like something someone is doing, but outside there actually being a victim after the fact, ill be damned if I waste my breath or energy convincing someone else that what they are doing is wrong because it didnt fit some narrowminded way of thinking.

Well if we were to throw logic in the mix, then I would have to disagree with you based on the results in this poll.

Combined, 50% (as of this posting) like OC vs 33.3% who are strictly CC. That suggests to me that many more would OC all the time if there werent so many horror stories about what might happen, vs what hasnt actually happened, perpetuated on so many forums by people, who imo, are no better in their mentality about OC than the antis are about any carry.
Liberty is not just a word and sooo many people miss the point of it. I may not like something someone is doing, but outside there actually being a victim after the fact, ill be damned if I waste my breath or energy convincing someone else that what they are doing is wrong because it didnt fit some narrowminded way of thinking.

Your logic cuts both ways equally. It's self-cancelling.

If you look through the posts of this thread and similar threads you'll find very few CCers who're telling OCers that they (the OCers) are wrong and shouldn't do it. On the contrary it's many of the OCers who belittle those of us who prefer to CC. Your words on "liberty" are quite true which is why I will continue to CC even though some "narrowminded" individuals say I'm spewing lies and perpetuating myths. Your POV is entirely valid but you're pointing it in the wrong direction.

B2Tall:224541 said:

If you look through the posts of this thread and similar threads you'll find very few CCers who're telling OCers that they (the OCers) are wrong and shouldn't do it. On the contrary it's many of the OCers who belittle those of us who prefer to CC. Your words on "liberty" are quite true which is why I will continue to CC even though some "narrowminded" individuals say I'm spewing lies and perpetuating myths. Your POV is entirely valid but you're pointing it in the wrong direction.

Excuse me? Im not on the forum as nuch as I use to be, did the winds change? For a couple years I basically lived on this forum and NEVER saw an OC chastise a CC without being provoked first. Mostly I saw anti OCs start threads about why CC is better or OC is bad.

SERIOUSLY? Have you been taking lessons on statistics from the Brady Campaign?!? It's all about the AUDIENCE. Go post your poll and your theories on OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ... and see what kind of results you would get. Asking an audience questions that you know is pre-disposed to agree with you is hardly accurate or scientific.

Could you expand on this a little more?? I'm not quite sure I follow you. Why would you need to be more alert when you OC as opposed to when you CC?? Is there something that worries you more while OCing than CCing?? Thanks.

Because the reality is when open carrying one must remain alert for the anti-gun cop, or the CC only raver who is going to wet themselves at the opportunity to hassle a law abiding citizen.

CC draws less Anti-OC sentiment.

I've been harassed more by CCers than by non-carriers. Most of the anti-gun crowd, if they are rabidly anti-2nd amendment, don't even bother me. It's the CCers who think they "know better" than I do who generally give me the most grief.

That's been my exact experience as well.

B2Tall:224518 said:
It's not a myth to those people who believe it.

Are myths used by anti guns not myths because a lot of people believe them? Because some believe in big foot, it is therefore not a myth?

We aren't arguing about which method is better. Open carriers argue about the myths being spread about why they choose to carry. There are way more people on OC side. Logic and common sense believes in deterrence.

This poll is skewed unless b2 reset it for all those that voted based on their local laws. There are couple people that started their posts with, "OC is not allowed, so..."

SERIOUSLY? Have you been taking lessons on statistics from the Brady Campaign?!? It's all about the AUDIENCE. Go post your poll and your theories on OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ... and see what kind of results you would get. Asking an audience questions that you know is pre-disposed to agree with you is hardly accurate or scientific.

Because the reality is when open carrying one must remain alert for the anti-gun cop, or the CC only raver who is going to wet themselves at the opportunity to hassle a law abiding citizen.

That's been my exact experience as well.
Thank you! :biggrin:

Open carriers argue about the myths being spread about why they choose to carry. There are way more people on OC side. Logic and common sense believes in deterrence.

As do big business. ADT alarm company puts signs in yards and stickers on windows. Brinks and Guardia use marked and armored cars and visibly armed security guards. All the car alarm companies have the flashing red light in the dash visible from outside the car. Funny how none of those companies rely upon the "element of surprise" isn't it? You would think with all their experience, research and resources they would know better.

This poll is skewed unless b2 reset it for all those that voted based on their local laws. There are couple people that started their posts with, "OC is not allowed, so..."

I must disagree. The poll is skewed because of the KNOWN aduience that was asked to participate. It is known that the majority of posters on this forum are CC only ravers. Ask the same poll at OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ... and you would get equally skewed results in favor of OC ravers.

As do big business. ADT alarm company puts signs in yards and stickers on windows. Brinks and Guardia use marked and armored cars and visibly armed security guards. All the car alarm companies have the flashing red light in the dash visible from outside the car. Funny how none of those companies rely upon the "element of surprise" isn't it? You would think with all their experience, research and resources they would know better.

I must disagree. The poll is skewed because of the KNOWN aduience that was asked to participate. It is known that the majority of posters on this forum are CC only ravers. Ask the same poll at OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ... and you would get equally skewed results in favor of OC ravers.

Hey now I'm PRO CHOICE DON"T LUMP ME in the same boat as those Martian's!!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back