Poll - OC or CC

If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

• Total voters
Navy, I don't think some voters understood that. Those in states who can't OC shouldn't vote. Maybe they could reset the poll for more accurate results.

The purpose of the poll is to determine what people would prefer IF both options were available to them. Some already have both but most don't.

An idiot with a cell phone is much more likely to upset your daily program than is a potential incident with a BG. Sometimes ya just go with the probabilities and act accordingly.

GG

Precisely what I've been saying for quite a while now. I figure I'm about 1000 times more likely to encounter a Nervous Nellie, a malicious anti-gunner, or an ignorant LEO than I am an armed robber.

Precisely what I've been saying for quite a while now. I figure I'm about 1000 times more likely to encounter a Nervous Nellie, a malicious anti-gunner, or an ignorant LEO than I am an armed robber.

And some of us don't mind providing an example and education to those folks. I've had a lot of very pleasant conversations with people who have asked about the gun. I've only had two very negative encounters, one with police in response to a MWAG call, and the other was with an arrogant concealed carry only guy. He looked down his nose at me and said, "I carry mine concealed." I replied, "You aren't very good at it." "Good at what?" "Concealing. I know you have a gun."

B2Tall:223475 said:

We agree!!!!! I am 1000 times more likely to have the opportunity to talk with people about what I love. The education of firearms and laws to those 1000 people is a lot more important to me than the hassle.

B2Tall:223471 said:
Navy, I don't think some voters understood that. Those in states who can't OC shouldn't vote. Maybe they could reset the poll for more accurate results.

The purpose of the poll is to determine what people would prefer IF both options were available to them. Some already have both but most don't.

I think what they were saying had to do with some of the posts that started, "in the state I live in, only ___ is allowed." Then voted based on the new circumstances they brought into the poll, instead of just using your circumstances.

No open carry in NY state, but I do inside the house. Still trying to get a full ccw permit without restrictions. Currently, I have a "sportsmen/business related" permit. I can only legally carry while conducting business or hunting, hiking, etc. Hoping to get it changed to no restrictions in the near future.

I would still cc most of the time. But, we've had some extremely HOT & Humid wather this year. So, oc would be much easier & more comfortable during these times.

-

We agree!!!!! I am 1000 times more likely to have the opportunity to talk with people about what I love. The education of firearms and laws to those 1000 people is a lot more important to me than the hassle.

Never occured to you that those who would cause you the most "hassle" are those who have already made up their minds on the matter? Thus would be the least willing to "talk with' you on the topic.

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago. Probably why I stopped teaching Community College "attendees" ("Student" is probably too gratious a term for many of them.) some time ago. I didn't need the money and the great majority of the "attendees" apparently didn't need the knowledge. (Waste of my time.... and their's. Only they hadn't realized it yet.)

American "ticket punching" at it's best (?).

GG

Grognard Gunny:224012 said:

Never occured to you that those who would cause you the most "hassle" are those who have already made up their minds on the matter? Thus would be the least willing to "talk with' you on the topic.

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago. Probably why I stopped teaching Community College "attendees" ("Student" is probably too gratious a term for many of them.) some time ago. I didn't need the money and the great majority of the "attendees" apparently didn't need the knowledge. (Waste of my time.... and their's. Only they hadn't realized it yet.)

American "ticket punching" at it's best (?).

GG

Just because you gave up doesn't mean I should :)

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago.....
GG

You can't teach somebody who already knows everything. You can't educate the omnipotent.

CC draws less anti-gunner sentiment.
CC draws less Anti-OC sentiment.

I've been harassed more by CCers than by non-carriers. Most of the anti-gun crowd, if they are rabidly anti-2nd amendment, don't even bother me. It's the CCers who think they "know better" than I do who generally give me the most grief.

i open carry 100% of the time. i am trying to prove that good people carry guns too. plus it is a deterent when it comes to criminals.

CC draws less Anti-OC sentiment.

I've been harassed more by CCers than by non-carriers. Most of the anti-gun crowd, if they are rabidly anti-2nd amendment, don't even bother me. It's the CCers who think they "know better" than I do who generally give me the most grief.

Don't you just love it?

People who have never open-carried, trying to warn people who open-carry daily, for years, about the realities and dangers of open-carry, based not on experience or reality, but on their vivid and hysterical imaginations, and overactive glands.

And then they can't understand why we laugh at them and roll our eyes. Read my sig.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back