Poll - OC or CC

If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

• Total voters

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
I choose #4. I'd OC if I was out in the sticks hunting/hiking etc. or if I worked on a farm where snakes or other wild animal might be an issue.

i chose cc only cause i cant open carry in texas, well unless on personal property, but i dont have land to oc on, and with the pd station 1 block away, i really dont need them to visit.

I chose CC most of the time and OC on occasion. I fully support those who choose to OC all of the time which is fully legal here in Nevada. For me personally, I like to ride under the radar most of the time. Some of the time though I just feel like OC'ing, and I do.

i chose cc only cause i cant open carry in texas, well unless on personal property, but i dont have land to oc on, and with the pd station 1 block away, i really dont need them to visit.

Respectfully, the question in the poll was IF both OC and CC is/were an option...

Hello, this is my first post to this site. I try to OC as much as I can. People need to know that guns are not bad and that good people carry guns also. So far all has been good since ocing 50 % of the time...

I CC most all the time, about the only time i OC is if im riding my ATV out on the trails in the forest. It is legal to OC here in Idaho with out a permit, but i have a CCW permit and prefer to CC all the time.

I tried OC several years back when I went to the local grocery store, OC is legal in North Carolina,(or so I thought). I wore my PT145 G3 in a Don Hume left hand JIT Slider holster, and two spare mags im a double mag pouch. As I was going through the checkout three local LEO's walked in and an elderly Black Woman pointed in my direction. The LEO's asked to speak to me outside. After hearing the elderly Black Womans reason for calling 911, I couldn't fault her intentions. Several years prior to this a grocery store with the same chain was held up in Raleigh, NC, serveral employee's were killed, her Son was one of them. All three LEO's were business like, but knowledgable of the Law governing NC OC and let me go... I've never OC'ed since... I do CC everyday though!

G50AE:223059 said:
Why not do both at the same time? Would that be bi-carry?

I bi-carry, p238 is in my front pocket every day every hour i'm awake. I OC my larger caliber whenever i'm not working or sleeping. The only issue i'm having is the p238 I'd not ambi safety so it has to go in my front right pocket. I hope to get enough money for an ambi safety by the end of the year

If I could retract my vote and re-do it, I would. I voted 3 because I don't really see myself OCing in the area where I live, even though it is legal. However, I realize that, under some circumstances I probably would/will OC. My vote should have been 4.

If I could retract my vote and re-do it, I would. I voted 3 because I don't really see myself OCing in the area where I live, even though it is legal. However, I realize that, under some circumstances I probably would/will OC. My vote should have been 4.

Noted. Thanks for voting.

I tried OC several years back when I went to the local grocery store, OC is legal in North Carolina,(or so I thought). I wore my PT145 G3 in a Don Hume left hand JIT Slider holster, and two spare mags im a double mag pouch. As I was going through the checkout three local LEO's walked in and an elderly Black Woman pointed in my direction. The LEO's asked to speak to me outside. After hearing the elderly Black Womans reason for calling 911, I couldn't fault her intentions. Several years prior to this a grocery store with the same chain was held up in Raleigh, NC, serveral employee's were killed, her Son was one of them. All three LEO's were business like, but knowledgable of the Law governing NC OC and let me go... I've never OC'ed since... I do CC everyday though!
Well, according to opencarry.org, NC is what they call a "Goldstar" state for OC. So, OC is legal in NC. If the store owner/manager doesn't want to serve armed patrons, they need to stick a sign up near the door.

Myself, I'd not be put off by an incident like this. If you'd been arrested and hauled down to the station, that I could understand. But, please don't let one hoplophobe put you off from exercising your constitutional right to bear arms publicly.

You do realize, the cops let you go as they had no real reason to arrest you, right?

Respectfully, the question in the poll was IF both OC and CC is/were an option...
Navy, I don't think some voters understood that. Those in states who can't OC shouldn't vote. Maybe they could reset the poll for more accurate results.

I've recently taken to OC - it's much easier to carry a full-sized blaster in the summer when you don't try to conceal it. Folks hardly notice and, so far, nobody has cared enough to call the law.

OC in NC

Exactly why I don't open carry except when out in the boonies. There are just TOO many busybodies in the world today and, frankly, I just don't want to expend the time to "explain myself" to LEOs summoned in response to MWAG calls from panicked (or malicious) busybodies.

An idiot with a cell phone is much more likely to upset your daily program than is a potential incident with a BG. Sometimes ya just go with the probabilities and act accordingly.

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back