Wisconsin CCW Training Mis-Information

Terry G

Wisconsin's CCW law will take effect 11/1/11. It seems that everybody and their brither-in-law is setting up "schools". The requirements in fact, are simple: Hunter's Safety Card/ Your good to go. DD214? (Honorable Discharge/ your good. Any NRA training? Fine. BUT, the so-called instructors are putting out the word that attending their "schools" is a huge help. How? I'm am for all the training you can get, and I was a Federal Firearms Instructor (Law Enforcement) for eighteen years. The LEOSA covered LEO's, Police Officer's, Correctional Officers, etc. are being fed propaganda to make them believe they need a course and a State CCW to carry now. What Hogwash! The LEOSA Law covers everyone qualified by Federal Law. You don't need a State license in any of the fifty States. This really irritates me because I know of young and not so young LEO's that are shelling out $100.00 to $150.00 for fours of classroom (no firing) instructions that they do not need and some of the information is questionable at best. If you have LEOSA qualified credentials your legal everywhere. Sorry for the rant.

Thank you, that's what I originally thought but the more stuff I read I almost started to second guess myself. Im back on track again.

honoring other states

Will WI honor other states? I live like two minutes across a bridge in MN and am licensed to carry here. Can't find a definate confirmed answer to this. Any help?

Will WI honor other states? I live like two minutes across a bridge in MN and am licensed to carry here. Can't find a definate confirmed answer to this. Any help?
Wisconsin will honor other states, the list isn't out yet. November 1ST is the big date.

Law says they will honor any state that does a background check for issuance of its permit. Will have to see if WIDOJ screws that up.

We all have to wait and see, huh? I will be overseas at that time but technology will let me know...and I DO like to know.

I'm from Florida and recently have moved to Wisconsin. I do know that I had to have a full background investigation done before I took the CCw class at a local P.D. I am interested in waiting to see if they will honor my training and background info from Florida here in Wisconsin.

Doesn't every state do a background check before issuing a concealed carry permit?

I always thought so...but "apparently" there are a couple that don't...but nobody can tell me which they are.

I'm from Florida and recently have moved to Wisconsin. I do know that I had to have a full background investigation done before I took the CCw class at a local P.D. I am interested in waiting to see if they will honor my training and background info from Florida here in Wisconsin.

What training did you use for FL?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back