Bad Cops Strike Again

sgtbill:216251 said:
No you don't have to put up with anything. You can always leave and become a grocery clerk or something like that where the lettuce won't talk back to you.

as for anyone else that has a complaint about Police in general I spent some time as a Internal Affairs Det. Sergeant doing investigations on other Police Officers within our department and was more then happy to bring charges against any of the people that wore a badge within the department when any charges against them were proven with documentation. I was disliked by a lot of members of the department because I would work a case the same as any other criminal case. If they were wrong then I would do everything in my power to prove the case against them. On the other hand if they were not guilty or the so called evidence against them was proven false then I would charge the person that had signed the complaint with fileing a false Police report.

Everyone that worked within Internal Affairs was a Notary Public and the complainant would have to swear to the charges that they were makeing out against the Officer in question and were informed that if the case was proven to be false then they would be charged. Many of the people changed their mind when informed of the proceedures for a complaint. A lot of people try and bring charges so that they think they have a bargaining chip against the Officer. Not so, that wont fly. The system ain't perfect but It work's.
Bill

My uncle works internal affairs for the police department he works for.

I was a grocery clerk before a firefighter before a paramedic. That is how i know even that job deals with a dozen jerks a day. I get paid well to deal with police daily, lucky when I'm in uniform they ignore me. I still hear what they say and see what they do...and it is not professional 99% of the time.

I live in the northwest, maybe it is my location...though Ohio looks worse off.

To put it simply, there are bad cops just like there are bad doctors, bad firefighters, bad judges, etc, etc. Only their constant interaction with the public, puts the spotlight on them...as it should. When their attitudes and morals handicap their ability to serve the public, they become bad cops, IMO. If they can't interact with their fellow citizens respectfully, they just enforce the stereotype of "cops are bad". There is nothing worse than a LEO with a god complex, and the people who back up their depravities. I can only imagine how they live with such things. But they do.
I've know several cops that were sorry as they come. I went to school with a couple. The DPS wouldn't hire 'em due to attitude problems, but they caught on with some local departments. They were both shot to death within 3 years. The reason was obvious to everyone who knew them, just as it would look pretty obvious, knowing his past incidents, if this Canton LEO came up kia. They tend to provoke these situations.
I was raised with and around LEOs all my life. My dad's best friends were DPS officers. There were always 2 or 3 at the house all the time. One became a Ranger. Nicer, more respectful men do not exist. One of them can handle a situation that it would take four of these banzai cops to handle. My cousin ran the drug task force in our county. Of course his situations were distinctly different.
That being said, it's what a LEO has inside 'em that distinguishes good cop from bad. IMHO of course.

"That being said, it's what a LEO has inside 'em that distinguishes good cop from bad. IMHO of course." BeauRyker

That pretty much explains the bad cop problem that exists in virtually every department. Some believe they are the law. Some believe they are truly to protect and serve lawfull society. There are both in virtually every department, unfortunately the second type is often in a minority, and some departments a small minority. The problem is when the blue lights flash in your rearview, you don't know which one is comming up behind you. Add to that some rookies that may be well intentioned and poorly trained, and good cops die and bad cops get worse.
The fault is that the public who has for generations passed the responsability for law encorcement over to the "authorities" forgets that these public servants are to be held acountable to their employers for their actions. Untill we the people vote, atttend city council meetings, write letters of complaint, gather signatures, and demand accountability and constitutional authority and action, then bad cops and bad politicians will be around for a very long time

"That being said, it's what a LEO has inside 'em that distinguishes good cop from bad. IMHO of course." BeauRyker

That pretty much explains the bad cop problem that exists in virtually every department. Some believe they are the law. Some believe they are truly to protect and serve lawfull society. There are both in virtually every department, unfortunately the second type is often in a minority, and some departments a small minority. The problem is when the blue lights flash in your rearview, you don't know which one is comming up behind you. Add to that some rookies that may be well intentioned and poorly trained, and good cops die and bad cops get worse.
The fault is that the public who has for generations passed the responsability for law encorcement over to the "authorities" forgets that these public servants are to be held acountable to their employers for their actions. Untill we the people vote, atttend city council meetings, write letters of complaint, gather signatures, and demand accountability and constitutional authority and action, then bad cops and bad politicians will be around for a very long time

Well said
Bill

I would like to point out that those who think some of us like to bash cops go so far in the other direction that almost all of them could justly be called copsuckers......

All of scoiety has a percentage of folks that are "bad", spent 25 years as a paramedic patching up good and bad, when six or eight guys good or bad jump a single individual, and beat him/her to death, different ball game, yes it can take six or eight to restrain an individual and I have been involved in this more than once, this guy was tazed more than once and then beaten to death, tazing to gain control fine, murder not.

Its not stereotyping... its called profiling.

And it is the bad apples that get me tensed up when I see a cop... any cop. Maybe they should police them selves and go kick the sh1t out of the ones who did this.

Respect goes both ways. You must earm mine, a uniform will NOT make it automatic.

No you don't have to put up with anything. You can always leave and become a grocery clerk or something like that where the lettuce won't talk back to you.

as for anyone else that has a complaint about Police in general I spent some time as a Internal Affairs Det. Sergeant doing investigations on other Police Officers within our department and was more then happy to bring charges against any of the people that wore a badge within the department when any charges against them were proven with documentation. I was disliked by a lot of members of the department because I would work a case the same as any other criminal case. If they were wrong then I would do everything in my power to prove the case against them. On the other hand if they were not guilty or the so called evidence against them was proven false then I would charge the person that had signed the complaint with fileing a false Police report.

Everyone that worked within Internal Affairs was a Notary Public and the complainant would have to swear to the charges that they were makeing out against the Officer in question and were informed that if the case was proven to be false then they would be charged. Many of the people changed their mind when informed of the proceedures for a complaint. A lot of people try and bring charges so that they think they have a bargaining chip against the Officer. Not so, that wont fly. The system ain't perfect but It work's.
Bill

I can tell you in Tulsa Oklahoma the Tulsa Police Dept. Internal Affairs do nothing it's the fox's checking up on the other fox's and the public gets zero from them for any complaint against a Tulsa Officer.

The last 10 or so replies were thoughtful and on target, without the broad-brush that sounds like all that is out there are a bunch of licensed, gun toting maniacs, and then along comes Axe45, who has to show us he is one grade above kindergarten, if that.

What an intelligent argument you make... I have to say you do a pretty good job at reinforcing the use of stereotypes. After all, when a small percent of people act stupid, why not say they all act stupid? Heck, if people like the Nazis saw problems with some of the Jews, they must have been justified in assuming all Jews are bad huh?
I never knew stereotyping was such a wonderful thing until you pointed out with a great, irrelevant example, that poop in a barrel of water contaminates the water.
Lets just blame the majority for the mistakes of the few and see how far that gets us in life...

:sarcastic:Non Sequitur

So, according to kelcarry... anyone that makes a thought out and articulate observation that HE doesn't agree with is an idiot/ child?

sgtbill:216251 said:

Bill

I just reread some of the posts. Curious about one thing in this post. If an officer charges someone with a crime, and the judge/jury find the defendant not guilty, does the officer get charged?

If not, why would a citizen?

I just reread some of the posts. Curious about one thing in this post. If an officer charges someone with a crime, and the judge/jury find the defendant not guilty, does the officer get charged?

GREAT question! I've been saying that for years. Question: are not the officers official incident reports a sworn statement?

It is their way of creating a chilling effect and keeping people from writing reports. Think about it: you write a report. THEY investigate it (you know where that is going) and then charge you with a crime for writing the report. Yup, for someone trying to assure us that that cops keep their own house clean, that post was massive fail.

After my trial and being found not guilty, I asked for a meeting with the Officer Kristy Maxwell Allen her supervisor and the Div. supervisor capt. Halberg,even contacted by letter the Tulsa Chief of Police Chuck Jordan.

all that came from this meeting was hearing the Officer tell me the Jury had got it wrong in finding me not guilty, and the supervisors just backed her up. The said all was done right by their little Cop book.

Even when they know their Officer did everything wrong they won't admit any wrong doings.

My whole arrest and prosecution by out Tulsa County D.A.s office was a sham, and they now know they went along with a losing case. I also contacted our D.A. Tim Harris asked about my case, got nothing from them.

Around here the Cops get protected they admit nothing ever was done wrong. :-(

You know, I truly support the "good" men and women that are a part of our law enforcement. However, what do we honestly expect when we give almost absolute authority and see it corrupt absolutly!!! Heres the problem some of these guys truly cant see the difference in a law abidding citizen and the criminal they just delt with! Again, God bless all of you out there doing your jobs but for the rest who take advantage of the citezens...your NOT cops!!! Your just badged bullies.

OK OFFICERS SHOW ME ONE CASE IN ALL OF THE USA EVER THAT TWO COPS ON PATROL IN THE SAME SQUADCAR. And thay made a stop and one cop broke the law and abused the driver and the other arrested him on the spot.
Just ONE DAM CASE!!! WELL? please give us the date and the city and state so we can look it up.
the system is just that way. the older cops teach the younger cops "YOU BACK UP COPS YOU DON'T RAT THEM OUT. So they commit crime all the time. They just don't get arrested very much. NewYork is under fed oversight for cop crime. read about haineville IL where the pd was taking money for tickets and putting the money in their pockets, canton and that ass holx. wow we can go on n on. where is your one case?

GREAT question! I've been saying that for years. Question: are not the officers official incident reports a sworn statement?
Yes, and that can really come back to haunt the entire department when those statements are later impeached. Sometimes a civil suit results.

Sometimes, like in some of the OC arrests we read about, the LEO just doesn't know the law and makes the arrest. Charges get dropped but the poor guy carries the arrest on his record even after he's cleared. Anyone can make a mstake and penal laws are pretty convoluted in some states.

There has been a lot of cops getting ambushed, shot while sitting in their car at stop lights, etc. lately. IMO it's retaliation, and as long as the police continue in their brutalizing and killing of innocent civilians, so will the retaliation continue.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back