Dont buy Ammo from Walmart

trophyhunter

Attention New York Ccwers,
According to New York Rifle & Pistol Association Walmart is requiring CCW Holders to show your Pistol Permit when purchasing Handgun Ammo, At which point they are recording your CCW permit Information.

Jeoporzing your privacy. Walmart sells Customers information to Telemarketers, and other Companies. Last thing I want is my CCW Information being sold,or released to any company. This Information is availible at www.nysrpa.com I will no longer buy any Ammo from Walmart.

:no:You would not have to show any kind of permit. If they have to have some ID then show them a drivers licence, or your boy scout card.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Wal-Mart can't REQUIRE something they don't know you have. They KNOW you have a Social Security number. Since you drove to the store, chances are you have a state-issued Driver's License. But NO ONE knows you own a CCW other than the issuing agency and any LE agency they share the info with.

Me: "I'd like some .45 JHP ammo, please."
W-M Clerk: "Sure! I just need your CCW number."
Me: "CCW?"
W-M Clerk: "Yeah, your Carry Permit number."
Me: "Who said I had a carry permit? I use this for home defense. How do you even know who I am? Did someone tell you about me???" (Getting angry)
W-M Clerk: (looks defensive) "No, no, nothing like that! Just use your Driver's License if you don't have a CCW."
Me: (Staring at clerk angrily as I pick up pen) "So now Wal-Mar has a way to spy on me?"
(Clerk gets ammo and rings it up, trying to get me out of there as fast as possible.)
(I stare at clerk angrily as I hand him cash.) "I doubt credit card data is safe with you people..."

DONE! Now the clerk is less likely to even bring up a CCW with the next person as he's seen what happens when he tries to ask for one. If a manager is called, I think their Privacy Policy should be discussed, as this is collection of non-essential data. This is not something Wal-Mart can "require" under any circumstances.

I've been asked if I have a permit, but never asked to show it. I don't buy much ammo a Wal-Mart except for .22's on sale anyway.

I've been asked if I have a permit, but never asked to show it. I don't buy much ammo a Wal-Mart except for .22's on sale anyway.

I'm glad I know about this. The first Wal-Mart clerk that asks me this (I live in a really uptight religious area) I'm going to ask if they have a strong sado-masochistic transgender sex life. Both questions are equally none of the questioner's d__n business.

LOL! I tried that line on a police officer once.

:no:You would not have to show any kind of permit. If they have to have some ID then show them a drivers licence, or your boy scout card.

My girlfriend and I were "parking". I thought we were in a pretty safe locations and were doing some "heavy petting." Cop pulled up knocked on the window and asked me to get out; then he asked for some ID. I said sure what do you want my drivers license or my Boy Scout registration card. He grabbed me and slammed me into the car. He wasn't real sure so he asked me if I was trying to be a smart ass. What do you think?

On a more serious note, our local Wal*Mart doesn't even ask for ID unless you look to young, like alcohol or cigarettes. You have to either pay for it right in sporting goods or they will walk it to the front for you. Good prices, poor selection no problems.

I'm glad I know about this. The first Wal-Mart clerk that asks me this (I live in a really uptight religious area) I'm going to ask if they have a strong sado-masochistic transgender sex life. Both questions are equally none of the questioner's d__n business.

You probably never will. Remember, in NY, you cannot own a handgun without a permit. Not for any reason. There is no CC permit in NY, it's a handgun permit and as long as it's unrestricted, it allows you to own, possess, and carry concealed.

The issue then becomes that you're buying handgun ammunition, so they know you have a handgun. Therefore, they know that you "should" have a permit. It has been Wal-Mart's policy ever since I can remember to check and make sure you have a permit before allowing you to purchase handgun specific ammunition. The way around this is to tell the clerk that it's for a rifle. Or, if they ask if it's for a handgun or rifle. . . .you should know what the answer is. Believe me, I've seen the stupid people that answer handgun, and don't have their permit on them!

That being said, they should NOT be recording any of your information. Keeping a record of who's buying what and when is a huge violation of your rights and the reason why a registry law hasn't been passed, even here in NY.

The "show your pistol license" requirement is corporate policy not required by NY state law. NYSRPA is fighting this. In the mean time just tell the clerk it's for a rifle or buy someplace else. Arguing with the clerk about the policy is not productive and is harrassing some person who is just trying to make a living.

Ha! I tell them it's for a handgun Wanna see it! --- They say No!

SO Why did you ask? -- It is the law about age. Gee do I look old enough? -- Yes -- So why did you ask? I have to sir I was ordered.

Let's not, ah, forget that, ah, there is a long rifle that, ah, shoots 9mm rounds. So assuming you have that cal for your pistol.....miss spys-o-lot at empire Walmart is in no place to assume anything. Last time I was at empire Walmart I had the same thing. They had some 9mm on sale and I asked for 3 boxes. The lady goes can I see your permit. Which I said you don't need a permit to buy ammo, only be over the age(handing her my Drivers Licence)she said not for this ammo, its only used in pistols. After about 10mins of schooling her she called a manager. Same run around so I said hang on one second....I left when to pharmacy got condoms. I said do I need to show you any proof to buy these too? I mean what if I'm a woman, sure can't use these. Apparently Walmart doesn't sure my sense of humor. But I got my ammo and no ccw licence was shown. I never went back there.

Let's not, ah, forget that, ah, there is a long rifle that, ah, shoots 9mm rounds. So assuming you have that cal for your pistol.....miss spys-o-lot at empire Walmart is in no place to assume anything. Last time I was at empire Walmart I had the same thing. They had some 9mm on sale and I asked for 3 boxes. The lady goes can I see your permit. Which I said you don't need a permit to buy ammo, only be over the age(handing her my Drivers Licence)she said not for this ammo, its only used in pistols. After about 10mins of schooling her she called a manager. Same run around so I said hang on one second....I left when to pharmacy got condoms. I said do I need to show you any proof to buy these too? I mean what if I'm a woman, sure can't use these. Apparently Walmart doesn't sure my sense of humor. But I got my ammo and no ccw licence was shown. I never went back there.

HA HA . . . .I like that! Half the time the clerk doesn't know any better and the "its for a rifle" excuse works like a charm. Even with .40S&W! LOL

New York law says that you need a permit to buy a handgun or "handgun ammo". Most places won't make you show a permit for ammo because there is no such thing as "handgun ammo", but walmart doesn't care. I have been there while a guy was arguing with the cashier about it while on the phone with corporate complaining.

And in NY you have to have a carry permit to posses a handgun at all, so the argument that its not for carrying won't matter.

I will say that the time or two I have showed my permit for ammo they didn't record anything. They just checked to see that it was mine, and that was enough. Gander Mountain makes you show your permit before handling a handgun, but they don't record anything (this is fairly new procedure).

No, you don't need a permit to buy pistol ammo in NY state [not talking nyc]. That law was killed years ago.

I'm only reporting this because of the Email I received from New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. maybe I received bad Intell????

Trohpyhunter:

NYSRPA did alert people to the Walmart problem, but email does state that this is not NY state law. Read it again

Either way, this sort of thing happens. More common then most think. I'm sure one day when I go to buy 9m, asked to show my permit, say no, and walk away....the yuppies behind the counter will call the LEO and they will be waiting for me outside or stalk be down in the store. Why? Bc of how dumb the ignorant tv watching "believin al-ciata is real and ****** is out to get me" are and think they are doing some good being such. No worries though, I'm doing nothing wrong and have a lawyer on Speed Dial One for those ppl. Nut Shell Rant #131 haha

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back