I 'tested' DRT TerminalShock .40 S&W FHP 105gr loads today

cougaram

Heard the dogs in my kennels raising cain this afternoon and went outside to find the two large mongrel dogs (rottie/shepherd mix) trying to get at our two bitches in season. (I had already chased them away twice this week) Good time to see just what these new DRT frangible loads would do. One shot each, chest shots, two dead mongrels, and neither moved more than a foot from where shot. The shots did not go all the way through so it looks like these loads are going to make great 'in the house' defense loads!

Not feeling the love with dropping two 'mongrel' dogs who were doing nothing more than what naturally comes to them when a ***** is in heat. It's bad enough that there are zealots in this world that look for every opportunity to paint a bad picture on legal ownership and the right to carry firearms, and then you hand them and all the animal rights activist a golden fleece by gunning down two dogs that were doing nothing other than trying to get some tail. Do us a favor and not share any more opinions on the stopping power of ammo on somebodies pet that you decided to label as a 'mongrel' to garner approval for your actions.

Not feeling the love with dropping two 'mongrel' dogs who were doing nothing more than what naturally comes to them when a ***** is in heat. It's bad enough that there are zealots in this world that look for every opportunity to paint a bad picture on legal ownership and the right to carry firearms, and then you hand them and all the animal rights activist a golden fleece by gunning down two dogs that were doing nothing other than trying to get some tail. Do us a favor and not share any more opinions on the stopping power of ammo on somebodies pet that you decided to label as a 'mongrel' to garner approval for your actions.

You are so far out of line it is pathetic. Those MONGRELS were a menace that have bitten several people, killed many other people's REAL pets, and threatened livestock. I did what was necessary and I'm damn proud I shot those demons! Absolutely no way was I going to allow those dangerous mutts to 'do what comes naturally' on MY property! The local cops also added, "Good shot! We've been trying to catch those dogs"

You sound like some PETA nut looking for a fight and probably no amount of facts could sway you. Like i said, I did what was necessary and I could care less what you think.

Your first post painted you as cold and heartless, but in your reply to Purple you clarified the situation by stating that the dogs were a menace that have bitten several people, killed many other people's REAL pets, and threatened livestock.

Under those circumstances I would have done the same thing. A pack of Feral dogs can be extremely Dangerous! I say Good Job.

I have had pets all my life, dogs I have now are somewhat pets, sleep at foot of bed following us or the kids around (kids 37, 35, 25) but are trained attack dogs, if necessary as this case appears to be I have no ill feelings about putting down an attacking animal to protect myself, family or friends, my dogs can more than take care of themselves.

Your first post painted you as cold and heartless, but in your reply to Purple you clarified the situation by stating that the dogs were a menace that have bitten several people, killed many other people's REAL pets, and threatened livestock.

Under those circumstances I would have done the same thing. A pack of Feral dogs can be extremely Dangerous! I say Good Job.

Having known those vicious mongrel's history and the fact that if one of the people who had been attacked by them had been a small child, I guess you could accurately say I was indeed cold and heartless when I shot them. Law enforcement hadn't been able to round them up nor could they locate their owner. Anyway, I still stand that those DRT TerminalShock frangies are really good if over penetration could be a danger. They did the job cleanly, quickly, and (for the PETA crowd) humanely. Had I or someone else not taken care of the problem, the dogs would have ended up having their lungs sucked out by decompression at the local pound or possibly killing a human being.

You are so far out of line it is pathetic. Those MONGRELS were a menace that have bitten several people, killed many other people's REAL pets, and threatened livestock. I did what was necessary and I'm damn proud I shot those demons! Absolutely no way was I going to allow those dangerous mutts to 'do what comes naturally' on MY property! The local cops also added, "Good shot! We've been trying to catch those dogs"

You sound like some PETA nut looking for a fight and probably no amount of facts could sway you. Like i said, I did what was necessary and I could care less what you think.

Now that you've taken the time to explain in depth the situation, I understand your decision. Based of your first post you left out way too much info and sounded like an idiot with a gun and penchant for shooting dogs just because.

You might want to try another vernacular other than mongrel for a vicious menacing dog. Maybe something like a 'mixed breeds dogs with a history of vicious behavior and attacks'. Mongrel doesn't make the dog sound like the type of dog they truly are and leads to a very confusing 'story' and certainly doesn't support your actions.

I'm far from being a PETA nut and hardly pathetic. I certainly didn't stoop to your level of labeling and name calling....so, who's out of line and pathetic now?

Now that you've taken the time to explain in depth the situation, I understand your decision. Based of your first post you left out way too much info and sounded like an idiot with a gun and penchant for shooting dogs just because.

You might want to try another vernacular other than mongrel for a vicious menacing dog. Maybe something like a 'mixed breeds dogs with a history of vicious behavior and attacks'. Mongrel doesn't make the dog sound like the type of dog they truly are and leads to a very confusing 'story' and certainly doesn't support your actions.

I'm far from being a PETA nut and hardly pathetic. I certainly didn't stoop to your level of labeling and name calling....so, who's out of line and pathetic now?

Definition of MONGREL
: an individual resulting from the interbreeding of diverse breeds or strains; especially : one of unknown ancestry
: a cross between types of persons or things
— mongrel adjective
— mon·grel·i·za·tion noun
— mon·grel·ize transitive verb

Just as I did not need to elaborate or explain my actions after Nam, I certainly did not feel a need to further explain or elaborate on my actions against those mongrels/curs/'mixed-breeds'. My intent was a report on those loads and their effectiveness and how they might perform in a home defensive situation and that they did wonderfully. (and I certainly don't need your 'support' and 'high and mighty attitude')

(and I certainly don't need your 'support' and 'high and mighty attitude')

You really like to read between the lines. I didn't offer you my support or did I say I support your actions. I said I understand your decisions. Big difference!

You think by someone expressing their own opinions and challenging you to state your case is being 'high and mighty'? You are truly unarmed in a battle of the wits. Hardly a person I would care to have an educated discussion with on the merits of the DRT rounds ability to stop a home intruder based off a non scientific test on a totally dissimilar physiological specimen.

Go out and find DB on PCP and shoot center mass at 15'...or if you're all out of DB in your neighborhood, head to Texas and help them clear their feral hog (physiologically more human like) population and drop a few with a handgun full of DRT rounds- then come back and 'debate'.

You really like to read between the lines. I didn't offer you my support or did I say I support your actions. I said I understand your decisions. Big difference!

You think by someone expressing their own opinions and challenging you to state your case is being 'high and mighty'? You are truly unarmed in a battle of the wits. Hardly a person I would care to have an educated discussion with on the merits of the DRT rounds ability to stop a home intruder based off a non scientific test on a totally dissimilar physiological specimen.

Go out and find DB on PCP and shoot center mass at 15'...or if you're all out of DB in your neighborhood, head to Texas and help them clear their feral hog (physiologically more human like) population and drop a few with a handgun full of DRT rounds- then come back and 'debate'.

As I said before, your opinion is worthless to me. EOM.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back