Quick solution to UK riots scrubbed from Internet

CharlieK

In April, 1947, a ship full of ammonium nitrate in the harbor of Texas City, Texas caught fire and blew up. It destroyed much of the port city. The Texas Guard, later the Texas National Guard, shot dead the first person seen looting. That stopped all looting dead in its track. (Pun intended.)

But the UK would never, ever implement such a politically incorrect solution, neither would the US do that in these times, but it worked beautifully then.

There is not one item that I can find on the Internet about how they stopped looting there. I wonder why?

I heard a blurb on the TV this morning about either the US or England using the same tactics to control the rioting like was used in one of the middle east nations. Shutting down the cell phone towers and breaking the communications.

Don't know how much validity there is, I didn't listen to the whole report it was just on in the background while I made breakfast. Controlling the comm traffic in a situation like rioting makes sense.

Of course, if the citizens had the right to own a firearm and defend them selves, the situation would be much different. I don't ever see that level of rioting here in the States. Not even the infamous Rodney King roits came close to what they are seeing in Europe. But I do agree that if you leave a few of the rioters dead in the middle of the street, the rest may have a change of heart about what it is they are about to do.

Good point, Walt629. Let's hope that if and when rioters/looters are shot dead that those (of us?) who pulled the trigger(s) escape detection, assuming the shootings were directly related to the need to stop the violent choas... I myself hope I'm never put into a situation as that. I don't know how I'd react, neither does anyone here unless they've "been there".

Many years ago, then Gov of Alabama, prior to a Hurricane hitting the coast and Mobile stated looters would be shot on site, ACLU did not like it, but no looting took place, I guess the ACLU supports looting.

Good point, Walt629. Let's hope that if and when rioters/looters are shot dead that those (of us?) who pulled the trigger(s) escape detection, assuming the shootings were directly related to the need to stop the violent choas... I myself hope I'm never put into a situation as that. I don't know how I'd react, neither does anyone here unless they've "been there".

I wasa kind of eluding to the police doing the shooting, but I undestand what you're saying. Not being detected in such a situation would be a good thing. But if the shooting is righteous there shouldn't be an issue.

Which bring me to another question. How do you deal with the aftermath? Typically criminal elements move in packs, especially during a riot or some criminal activity of the like. I've read accounts of homeowners protecting their own from an invasion only to suffer the fear and intimidation from the remainder of the GB's family and cohorts (read gang). What do you do about the residual effects of the Bg's survivors?

I wasa kind of eluding to the police doing the shooting, but I undestand what you're saying. Not being detected in such a situation would be a good thing. But if the shooting is righteous there shouldn't be an issue.

Which bring me to another question. How do you deal with the aftermath? Typically criminal elements move in packs, especially during a riot or some criminal activity of the like. I've read accounts of homeowners protecting their own from an invasion only to suffer the fear and intimidation from the remainder of the GB's family and cohorts (read gang). What do you do about the residual effects of the Bg's survivors?

In Texas City, it was the National Guard that did the shooting..not private citizens just protecting their own property or even the police, as I understood it at the time.

In Texas City, it was the National Guard that did the shooting..not private citizens just protecting their own property or even the police, as I understood it at the time.

During the riots in LA several years ago, stores were being looted and burned. Several Korean store owners armed themselves and protected their property. If we were to try that now, Homeland Security would be right up our rear ends. Sad state of affairs!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back