Non-resident permit

mattwestm

I am interested in getting my Arizona non-resident permit. My Florida permit is on the way, but it's always good to have two permits. First of all, I can't seem to find who to contact to request an application. I've checked the website, and it says to contact the "Concealed Weapons Permit Unit" but I can't find their number or an online form to request the paperwork.

Lastly, I completed the NRA first steps pistol course for my Florida permit. Will this class allow me to obtain an Arizona permit?

EDIT: I just found an email address for the permit division and gave them my home address. Hopefully they are quick to mail forms out.

Thanks

I'd wait until you get your Florida permit, then you can fill out AZ permit app, submit 2 fingerprint cards, and a photo copy of your Florida permit. Mail it out with payment enclosed and your AZ permit will be there in one to two months, sometimes faster.

But if you can't wait, then yes your NRA pistol class will do. You will just need to fill out the right area on your AZ permit app.

They generally are really quick. I had the app in hand within 2 days of emailing the request and the permit in hand 2 weeks of mailing the app back.

Just got the app in today. WOW, super quick, especially from AZ to NC. One thing I find weird is that the form will not fit properly in the small envelope for the fingerprints. I had to fold the form two different ways, making it into a square for it to properly fit. Weird...

I'm getting the prints done tomorrow and copying my NRA certificate. I'll run by the post office and get a money order too.

Just shipped my AZ CC permit request in today, small envelope allowed fingerprints and had to fold everything else.

I went and bought a 9x12 envelope and printed labels for the addresses. Money order is probably cheaper at the supermarket.

I also just requested the Arizona CWP "application packet which contains an application, two fingerprint cards and a return envelope)". I requested it by the email form.

I was looking at NH or UT to cover more states but it appears that for a SC resident CWP holder, the AZ non-res CWP adds coverage in the most states I will need, even Nevada.

BTW: That email form for contacting the AZ "Concealed Weapons Permit Unit" is at:
Contact Us: Concealed Weapons Permit Unit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

They generally are really quick. I had the app in hand within 2 days of emailing the request and the permit in hand 2 weeks of mailing the app back.

mrjam2jab, did they acknowledge your email request? They didn't acknowledge mine. If I don't get the application in a few days I may call them.

Do I have to put my social security number on the application?

I think I read somewhere either on the application or the instruction sheet that you don't have to. I did anyways because it might help speed up the background check process and eliminate potential identity confusion.

Does anyone know if there is any way to check the status of an application or do we just have to wait? I sent my app certified mail and it was delivered yesterday. I'm guessing it will take a little over a month.

EDIT: Has anyone gotten their AZ permit using an NRA training certificate? I got a letter from Florida today concerning my permit. They stated that they needed a certificate with the instructor's number which the original did not have. I'm betting I'll get a letter from AZ in a few weeks too.

As others have stated, I put in a request for the Arizona non-resident CCW on the website back in June and had my application packet in hand in about three or four days. I filled it out, including my SS#, figuring that if they really wanted it, they could get it anyway, and why not appear cooperative? After I received the application packet, I called to ask if an NRA Basic Handgun certificate would do the trick, and was told that it would. I submitted using that certification, and had the CCW in about two weeks.

As others have stated, I put in a request for the Arizona non-resident CCW on the website back in June and had my application packet in hand in about three or four days. I filled it out, including my SS#, figuring that if they really wanted it, they could get it anyway, and why not appear cooperative? After I received the application packet, I called to ask if an NRA Basic Handgun certificate would do the trick, and was told that it would. I submitted using that certification, and had the CCW in about two weeks.

Did the certificate have the instructor ID number on it?

Got my Az permit today 1 month 2 weeks very quick per AZ DPS they are running around a month behind do to large number of request.

Filling out my AZ cwp app and just wondering if I need to check the box that says Hispanic/ white or just leave it blank or circle white considering I'm white.

I have a VA resident permit and just got a non-res permit from AZ. I called the AZ DPS direct for an application packet and received it about 3 days later. It included a note saying that applications were taking 6-8 weeks to complete. They received my completed application on 12/7, the permit was issued on 1/6, and I received it in the mail today 1/9. Just about one month turnaround. Gives me five additional states including GA which I was particularly interested in. The only slightly inconvenient part was getting the fingerprints but I had them done in about 45 minutes by a Sheriff's office near my place of employment. All in all a pretty quick, easy, and painless process.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back