Is Public Exhibition of Firearms Illegal in North Carolina?

The thing that bothers me about Mr. Miller's arguement is it blah blah blah blah mumbo jumbo Good day

So, I'm violating Colonel Cooper's rules in addition to the NRA's rules, eh? Heh heh heh... What do they say about POSING for photographs? Have you ever posed for a photograph with a firearm? If you did, I bet I could spot ten violations without breaking a sweat.

Look, you guys started out by criticizing my "suspicious" behavior, and now you're critiquing my AVATAR? You boys need to grow up, for one thing, and behave like responsible gun owners, not dogmatic drones of gun control.

"Suspicious behavior" from the man with a super-duper tactical shotgun with a super powerful blinding tactical flsahlight mounted on the end of it. Why in the world do you need such a thing if there is no need to be suspicious of anyone.

I never said there's no need to be suspicious. Suspicion has its place. But there are quite a few out there who seem overly suspicious and overly critical of other gun owners.

To my mind, a guy who CAN build up a tactical shotgun is more conscientious and more trustworthy than some noob who buys a handgun at a pawnshop, loads it but never fires it and sticks it in his nightstand.

If I see a guy handling a tactical shotgun, I'm inclined to think he knows what he's doing, because it takes some dedication to build up a radically-modded shotgun, okay. I would RATHER trust him.

I build up tactical shotguns for the FUN of it, right? I'm one of those gun owners who ENJOYS guns and who doesn't live in constant fear of "breaking the rules"... I'm 51 years old, I've used firearms my entire life, and I've never had an "accident" with a gun. I've seen plenty of people all around me make fearsome mistakes with firearms and they paid the price for those mistakes.

But I have a spotless history as a gun owner. That's because I know my weapons, I know how to build and maintain them, and I don't need Col. Cooper-wanna-bees lecturing me on the way I pose for a photo.

Not really because a gun is a tool and a weapon that should be treated with respect and not "posed" with. The only weapon I pose with is a katana with reversed blade used for reinactments. And I am wearing full safety gear.

And sir. Quote and respond to the entire post if you wish to make a point.

the point of being a responsible gun owner is ALWAYS treating your firearm as if it's loaded even if you just unloaded it.

I agree with nraynes, nightmare45, and Doc Mustang.
It is up to every responsible person to try to help and protect their friends and neighbors.

2 guys...a shotgun...11 pm...what DOES it take for you to be suspicious? Why are you so fixated on fear and the government...you sound like a looney on here...

NC needless to say, is an OC state. But NC Gun Laws leave the basic rules up to each County Sheriff's office to set. But, there is that one little gun law called "Going to the terror of the public", and another called "Brandishing" You could have been charged with both, but you weren't. Take a trip to your counties Sheriff Department and have them explain to you how they percieve OC, legal & illegal, okay?

Not really because a gun is a tool and a weapon that should be treated with respect and not "posed" with. The only weapon I pose with is a katana with reversed blade used for reinactments. And I am wearing full safety gear.

Well, I've seen plenty of VERY responsible gun owners pose with their weapons. I've seen thousands of military personnel pose with their firearms. I've seen LEOs pose with their firearms. I've see very responsible hunters pose with their firearms.

I put it to you that it's entirely acceptable to pose with your firearm, and that you are fabricating new rules of what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. I put it to you that you are perpetuating a FEAR of firearms. In that respect, you're not very different from the anti-gun crowd.

And sir. Quote and respond to the entire post if you wish to make a point.

Respectfully, sir, I'm NOT going to repost the entirety of every post in this thread, because that is an irresponsible waste of bandwidth.

the point of being a responsible gun owner is ALWAYS treating your firearm as if it's loaded even if you just unloaded it.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. The POINT of being a responsible gun owner is to handle and use your firearm in a manner that doesn't blow your foot off or shoot your neighbor in the butt and to set an example for future gun owners. Treating your firearm as if it is always loaded is NOT the point of being a responsible gun owner — that is merely one small facet of responsible gun ownership.

A much more important facet of responsible gun ownership is knowing WHY the Constitution of the United States ALLOWS you to keep and bear arms.

I agree with nraynes, nightmare45, and Doc Mustang.
It is up to every responsible person to try to help and protect their friends and neighbors.

I agree with that, as well. I agree that gun owners are responsible for protecting family and friends — but not protecting them from other responsible gun owners. Gun owners should FIRST be in agreement as to their ultimate responsibilities as gun owners.

Our RIGHT to keep and bear arms is NECESSARY to the security of a FREE STATE. Burdening the gun owner with some 23,000 federal and local gun laws is an INFRINGEMENT upon our rights as gun owners. Likewise, perpetuating a FEAR of guns and gun owners is counter to our Constitutional rights.

Have skipped several of these pages but just wanted to say that even I, as a "gun nut" who saw two gents outside of a home at 11 pm with a long gun would warrant a call to "smokey" to investigate it. I open carry about everywhere and elsewhere CC. I love guns as well as anyone and am a strict 2ond A believer but am also very aware that bad people carry also. Have had my OC checked several times by over zealous Leos and that is all right. That is what they get paid to do if their interest is peaked. Do not get upset that you had a "dime" dropped on you--the next time your home may be being visited by some scum bum leaving with your "purdy" shotgun and 1/4 mil lumen affixed light.

2 guys...a shotgun...11 pm...what DOES it take for you to be suspicious? Why are you so fixated on fear and the government...you sound like a looney on here...

Why am I fixated on the American citizen being unreasonably afraid and suspicious of gun owners? Are you kidding me? So, you have no qualms about tens of thousands of gun laws in this nation, designed primarily to soothe the fearful anti-gun movement?

I sound like a looney, eh? I suggest you go back to school and this time PASS your American History course, because it's the ignorant and uneducated who are going to REPEAT the mistakes of the past. This time, pay attention to the Founding Fathers who advocated every man, woman and child knowing how to handle and use a firearm, and then be prepared to use it when our Liberties are threatened.

See, if you knew anything about our history as well as current events, you would KNOW that our central government has engaged in unconstitutional searches and confiscations of firearms in America, and has done so very recently, indeed.

Do not get upset that you had a "dime" dropped on you--the next time your home may be being visited by some scum bum leaving with your "purdy" shotgun and 1/4 mil lumen affixed light.

I'm not upset at all about LEOs doing their jobs. Never said I was. And I had no problem with cops responding to a hysterical citizen and showing up on my front porch — because I knew I had done nothing illegal or "foolish" — and the police knew it, as well.

NC needless to say, is an OC state. But NC Gun Laws leave the basic rules up to each County Sheriff's office to set. But, there is that one little gun law called "Going to the terror of the public", and another called "Brandishing" You could have been charged with both, but you weren't. Take a trip to your counties Sheriff Department and have them explain to you how they percieve OC, legal & illegal, okay?

"Going to the terror of the public" is an ambiguous and elastic law that can be applied to ANY activity. In fact, if we were properly enforcing this law, then virtually every member of the U.S. Congress could be arrested for perpetuating fear and terror across the land. The BATF and Transportation Safety Administration could be cited for terrorizing the public, as well.

Do you think that's ever going to happen? No, it won't. Because the true terrorists in this country hold the reins of power.

As for "Brandishing," that law can be broadly interpreted, as well. Laws such as those you cite are designed to keep guns and gun owners out of sight and out of mind of the non-gun-carrying public, who are being conditioned to unreasonably fear guns and distrust gun owners.

And that is an infringement on our Constitutional rights to Keep and BEAR arms.

Our RIGHT to keep and bear arms is NECESSARY to the security of a FREE STATE. Burdening the gun owner with some 23,000 federal and local gun laws is an INFRINGEMENT upon our rights as gun owners. Likewise, perpetuating a FEAR of guns and gun owners is counter to our Constitutional rights.

Good Lord, man! Is it possible for you to overvalue the role of private citizens w/guns any more than you are?? I don't think so. Do you live in the 1700s?? Please tell me the last time, post-1800, that private American citizens grabbed their weapons, rose up, and overthrew a corrupt government or government entity by force?? We are not free because you or I own a weapon. The fact that we can own weapons is a byproduct of a very successful system of government by the people, for the people. You seem to have all sorts of problems with our system of government, so that begs the question....exactly how many revolutions do you plan on leading?? Stop being a paper tiger, a keyboard saber-rattler. Either grab your gun and do something about it or stop going around acting like Captain Avenger on these boards. It's a bit tedious.

And as far as your avatar is concerned, when I look at it I think "showoff", "wannabe tough guy", "newbie trying too hard to impress", etc. etc.

Good Lord, man! Is it possible for you to overvalue the role of private citizens w/guns any more than you are?? I don't think so. Do you live in the 1700s?? Please tell me the last time, post-1800, that private American citizens grabbed their weapons, rose up, and overthrew a corrupt government or government entity by force??

It's sad that you UNDERESTIMATE the value of an armed citizenry. I imagine you'd be among the FIRST to turn-in your firearms without so much as a whimper when the central government demands it.

Without an armed citizenry, there is NO TELLING what sort of oppressive and tyrannical government would exist in America right now. We've already seen what value the central government places on an armed citizenry... Unconstitutional gun confiscations, excessive and ridiculous gun control laws by the tens of thousands, all of which I'm sure that you obey to the letter.

You seem to have all sorts of problems with our system of government, so that begs the question....exactly how many revolutions do you plan on leading?? Stop being a paper tiger, a keyboard saber-rattler. Either grab your gun and do something about it or stop going around acting like Captain Avenger on these boards. It's a bit tedious.

So far, all of my sabre-rattling has been confined to this ONE THREAD in this forum. As for starting revolutions, I'd be proud to do so — but I'm sure I wouldn't see YOU there on the front lines.

See, unlike you, I don't believe the outrageous LIE that "You can't love your country and hate your government." You know who said that, right? No less an un-American hack than President William Jefferson Clinton, the same president who oversaw the rise of terrorism on American soil during the 1990s, and whose justice department actually racked up quite a number of civilian kills.

See, if you knew anything about history and government — which you obviously don't — you'd know that a tyrannical government always seeks to disarm the public FIRST. We're not so politically and socially evolved that we have risen above the lessons of history. Although you seem to think so.

And as far as your avatar is concerned, when I look at it I think "showoff", "wannabe tough guy", "newbie trying too hard to impress", etc. etc.

So says my critic from behind an anonymous screen name and NO mugshot, because he fears for his identity.

So far, all of my sabre-rattling has been confined to this ONE THREAD in this forum. As for starting revolutions, I'd be proud to do so — but I'm sure I wouldn't see YOU there on the front lines.

Blah blah blah......

C'mon Patrick Henry.....pick up your weapon in one hand, your banner in another, and overthrow this "tyrannical" government that you hate so much!! Whatsa matter....all talk an no action?? Or maybe you don't want to be known as the "Lonely Revolutionary". You're right about one thing - you definitely won't see me at your so-called revolution. I guess I'm just not enough of a paranoid crackpot to join that march. You seem to be pretty alone there, although there are a few other paper tigers lurking on this board as well. You and they can sit and whine about Constitutional violations and call for revolution....all the while remaining behind your keyboard.

Come November of '12 I'll be part of a group that "overthrows" our current government - at the ballot box, and I can assure you that me and those like me will be far more effective than your nonstop crying and fantasizing about being some sort of leader.

BTW, how many different poses did you try out in front of the mirror before you chose the one you use as your avatar?? I used to do that. Of course I was 10 and was holding a BB gun, but that's just me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back