John Thune S.845

CLM1911

We all know that Senator John Thune’s amendment for S.845- Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 is coming back up in a few weeks. First I want to say please take the time to contact your senators to get their support to push this through. Second, I want to propose a hypothetical question that would come after the bill is passed. How do you think states like New Jersikstan/Yorkistan, Commifornia, May-Issue-achusetts, etc. will react to this? Will they buck back by undoing their own conceal carry laws? Could they possibly try to make citizens who can carry legally as miserable as possible to knuckle them under from carrying? These questions I am posing are just hypothetical, but I wanted to throw the ball out there and see what everyone thinks. I know I am not the first one to have thought about this. Also if this a repeat or there is a similar thread, I apologize.

We dont want this to happen...... So ty for letting us know it is coming up again so WE can call our reps and tell them NOT TO SUPPORT this bill.....

First off, this would be ANOTHER law about firearms... and every single one of them are UnConstitutional, why do you want even more?

Second, this would be another blow against States rights, the Federal Gov't has NO POWER or AUTHORITY to pass this crap either..... I know, it hasnt stopped them before.....

We dont want this to happen...... So ty for letting us know it is coming up again so WE can call our reps and tell them NOT TO SUPPORT this bill.....

First off, this would be ANOTHER law about firearms... and every single one of them are Un-Constitutional, why do you want even more?

Second, this would be another blow against States rights, the Federal Gov't has NO POWER or AUTHORITY to pass this crap either..... I know, it hasn't stopped them before.....

The 2nd Amendment is quite clear in that this would not be an infringement upon the state, but a reminder that the state should not infringe upon the individuals right.

I understand the other point you made, and I agree that we should not have some law passed to grant us a right we already have (in theory). I would like to be able to go on a trip and not worry about having to stop to secure my weapon because the state I am about to enter isn't willing to honor my permit(s). Maybe this isn't the ideal way for this to happen, but I am hoping this will push states (N.J.,MD.,N.Y.,CA., etc..) to stop stepping on the legal, law-abiding citizens right to bear.

The 2nd Amendment is quite clear in that this would not be an infringement upon the state, but a reminder that the state should not infringe upon the individuals right. ... I would like to be able to go on a trip and not worry about having to stop to secure my weapon because the state I am about to enter isn't willing to honor my permit(s). ...

+1. I travel from NC to PA frequently and am damn tired of having to stop just before MD to lock up my gun and then stop again once safely in West (By God) Virginia to put it back on. Every now and then the relatives want to go down the shore for a few days. There is no legal way for me to posess a handgun in NJ if we are staying overnight. That means I lose the protection of being able to carry for the entire trip. States rights are fine and dandy but we live in a country. We have already fought that war and it is over. A valid driver's license issued by NC is valid in all states, so should be my valid CCW permit.

It is unlawful to require a license or permit to practice a Constitutional right, yet you people are advocating even further infringements on that "Which shall NOT be Infringed"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back