Unlawful Carry Arrest

Thank you Ringo for letting NavyLCDR know the difference between speeding in a car and being a drunk behind the wheel. He argues for argument sake and wastes space in this forum and his own time with such a specious argument. Thank you for describing our dear Terminal properly. Nothing like having someone who is the ultimate authority on being a drunk. If the standard is 08, it is the standard. You don't like it, you can handle it--fine--have at it. Kill someone while CC or driving at over 08 and if you are on my jury you are going away for manslaughter. As far as Silver is concerned, being in your house puts a different light on this subject. If you are stone cold drunk in your home and, lets say, "make a mistake", you probably have a problem but since I am not sure how that plays out--maybe someone on the forum has some experience. Certainly if it was a perp, being drunk or not should, IMO, not make any difference. The real key to this thread is being out in public.

It is illegal to drink and carry concealed in some places. Take a look at the Rossow V Merced documents posted by Calguns. Right on the application form.

As for drunk driviung, must be nice to have an .08 BAC level threshold. Mine is .04 as it is for all CDL licensees. But not a problem as I don't drink.

To the OP, get a local Texas lawyer versed in gun laws and add one who is known throughout Texas. It may be costly but it is far better than the possible outcomes if you lose.

Thank you Ringo for letting NavyLCDR know the difference between speeding in a car and being a drunk behind the wheel. He argues for argument sake and wastes space in this forum and his own time with such a specious argument. Thank you for describing our dear Terminal properly. Nothing like having someone who is the ultimate authority on being a drunk. If the standard is 08, it is the standard. You don't like it, you can handle it--fine--have at it. Kill someone while CC or driving at over 08 and if you are on my jury you are going away for manslaughter. As far as Silver is concerned, being in your house puts a different light on this subject. If you are stone cold drunk in your home and, lets say, "make a mistake", you probably have a problem but since I am not sure how that plays out--maybe someone on the forum has some experience. Certainly if it was a perp, being drunk or not should, IMO, not make any difference. The real key to this thread is being out in public.

There is only one reason why a firearm is considered to be more of a deadly weapon than a car is. It's because the Brady Bunch and their anti-gun followers have forced that idea down the throats of Americans for decades now. Apparantly your belly is full of their kool aid.

A guy gets a felony for writing bad checks. So we take away his rights to own a firearm, a piece of metal that weighs a couple pounds. Yet he can own, possess and operate a 3,000 piece of metal that kills hundreds more people every day than firearms do. Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me, NOT. Although I am sure kelcarry feels safer because his government is making him safe.

Ok so if someone was at a .09 and someone pulled a knife on him and he shot him that would be manslaughter? Oh but wait, if he was sober then he would be posted on here a a hero to the CC community?! Get over yourself

Hey Terminal: I guess you love to argue for argument's sake. The point is that if he is 09 and the guy pulls out a cellphone and you shoot him because you think he has a gun and you kill him---you will probably go to prison and you will probably make his family very rich.
Hey Navy: What in the world are you talking about? Bad checks? Cars? Firearms? Gun Control? What? If you get into an auto accident or a situation with a firearm that you are carrying and you test over the limit---kindly read the above comment; you are going to lose your freedom and your money. This is really very simple.
Hey G: If you cannot add anything other than wise comments you demean yourself. Grow up.
Hey Y'all: You have worn me out with your intellectually-empty replies. Don't bother anymore unless it makes the three of you feel good. I have had enough of your senseless comments and arguments--they make no sense to not only me but to the forum members who have notified me of their support. I'm not bothering with this thread any further. In any event. have a nice day and G-d Bless.

Yeah dude. It's a forum...where people come to argue and discuss their opinions on specific subject matter. I know it can be frustrating when people make valid points that conflict with your own opinion so I understand your decision to just walk away. It's been a pleasure. Come back soon.

kelcarry:216244 said:
Hey Terminal: I guess you love to argue for argument's sake. The point is that if he is 09 and the guy pulls out a cellphone and you shoot him because you think he has a gun and you kill him---you will probably go to prison and you will probably make his family very rich.

.09 or .00 if you shoot someone with a cellphone because you think it's a weapon, you will go to prison.

.09 and he does have a knife, if you shoot him, should you go to prison?

OP what was your BAC? You said you "sobered up".

Hey Fire: If you shoot someone with a knife because you presumed you were in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, you have a right to do so. If, however, you are somewhat intoxicated and the police, in investigating the shooting, subject you to a test and you test to the tune of say 09, questions will be asked as to your legitimate "presumption", not only by the solicitor but by the perps's family in a civil suit, which does not require as much evidence. Bottom line is when you are above an alcohol standard, whatever it is, you will and should be the subject of further investigation be it legal or civil--it will cost you one way or another. It would have been easier, if you are going to be CC, to limit yourself so that any kind of standard cannot be used against you, should you have a need for a weapon.
Hey G: Thanks for the southern english writing lesson. Just received a lesson on Rt 17 north and Rt 17 south. Even though the road has north and south lanes, apparently the only true Rt 17 south is the road from Charleston to Savannah. Anything north of Charleston is Rt 17 north. I truly appreciate these very local twists on proper english and geography. PS:Still have trouble understanding how HUGER can be pronounced "ugee".

Now guys, stop it with the grammar talk. You know it gets me all excited.

When I find someone has a different opinion than me, I try to listen to and respect their point of view. It's amazing how much anxiety and stress it saves me. I don't even have to agree, just respect. Not that I'm suggesting anyone here do that! No! NO NO NO! That's just a technique for grammar-obsessed females who seek enlightenment through thoughtful presence.

Hey guess what. Strangers don't pull knives on you for any reason other than to threaten or take your life. No presumption other than danger could be made. Also, castle doctrine protects against any civil penalties as well as legal. I thought you were done with this post?

I missed out on this AND the Miss CCW pageant? Seriously, WHAT does a girl have to do to win a prize around here?

Gentlemen (and ladies) let's be civil here. This forum is for friendship and support, not for hating the intellectual skills of each others peers. I am merely looking for guidance, not criticism or arguments. I believe I have made the right steps and I appreciate the positive input of those who have posted to help. As for everyone else; I have reduced my carrying and have made further steps to correct my thinking process, even while drinking. I want to make this world a safer place not a jungle of incoherent fools.

I hate to say this, but it doesn't matter what type of certification you have, drinking with a gun is illegal. I have a friend that keeps trying to get away with it, usually he does. But eventually it will catch up with him and his CCW can be kissed goodbye. I would suggest getting a private lawyer, but that may just be a waste of money... Either way I hope it works out in your favor. Good luck!

As other's Stated dont drink while carrying.God forbid you ever had to use your Weapon while drinking.You would be up a creek, without a paddle........

I see no reason to crack jokes about your mishap. We all make mistakes.

You need to find a local lawyer with experience in that sector, best thing you can do.

And I see no joke in carrying a fire arm and drinking. Evidently this yokel drank enough and did enough to draw the attention of local law enforcement. I don't know about anyone else but telling this guy "Aww. That's too bad. Hope it works out." is reinforcing unacceptable behavior.

We all, all of us that take the time to do the right thing to obtain our permit in our respective states are diminished by numbnuts like this. Actions like his give creedence to the antis rants about us not being responsible. It absolutely ticks me off everytime I hear someone inour ranks make excuses for stupid behavior of someone just because they are supposed to be one of 'the brethren'.

Everytime something like this happens and we make excuses for it we all are diminshed by it, our credibility is erroded and we all take one more step toward giving up our 2A rights. One of the ways we stay ahead of the ones that want to take away our 2A rights is to police our own ranks.

Dress down the dip sh!t on the firing range that is pointing the loaded gun anywhere but down range. Educate the ignorant. Correct the newspaper when they print half truths. Write your congressman about potentially damaging legislation and police our ranks for knucleheads that drink and carry!

Spend some time in jail, loose you right, suffer the concequences. My opinion and I'm entitled to it. ANd yes! I rant!

all of us that take the time to do the right thing to obtain our permit in our respective states are diminished by numbnuts like this. Actions like his give creedence to the antis rants about us not being responsible
I thought I was the only one who felt this way

Damn, that sucks.

Sure glad I live in a state where im not punished for something I might do. You can get as drunk as you want here and still carry, just dont misjudge shooting someone without proper justification or their gonna come down hard on ya....after you actually did something....kinda where the punishment belongs.

walt629:222051 said:
And I see no joke in carrying a fire arm and drinking. Evidently this yokel drank enough and did enough to draw the attention of local law enforcement.

I'm not sure you read the incident right. I thought he drank, while not carrying. Went to his hotel to sober up. Packed up to go home, and then was caught.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back