Carry ideas

gkeil961

I have been debating with myself, what should be my next purchase for EDC weapon. I am tossed between the G19, G26, G27 or XDM 40 compact.....

As usual, thanks for any insight and advice!

EDC choice

I have been debating with myself, what should be my next purchase for EDC weapon. I am tossed between the G19, G26, G27 or XDM 40 compact.....

As usual, thanks for any insight and advice!

Everyone is going to weigh in on their favorite weapon...I'm not sure how that would help unless they give you REASONS for their choices and you personally VERIFY that those reasons work for you.

I hear nothing but good about Glocks, but the Glock did not feel good in my hand when I tried it out. I think it was the angle of the grip that bothered me, plus the grip just felt a little bit big for me in general.

I like the Springfield XDM. The reasons I chose this one are listed below:
*gun felt good in my hand--grip is smaller in circumference than a Glock (I use the smallest grip attachments)
*angle of the grip is 1911-ish
*reliable
*extremely accurate...as accurate as my H&K!
*recoil is quite soft, which is great for follow-up shots
*capacity is 19+1 (9mm)
*lifetime warranty
*parts are cheap and readily available should I need them
*I like the design of the gun--internals as well as the aesthetics
*extremely easy to clean (compared to my Kahr and H&K)
*significantly cheaper than my H&K, and truthfully, it is a little more pleasurable to shoot than my H&K because of the noticeably softer recoil

You should definitely HOLD, and SHOOT all the choices before you decide.

Best,

Ok, so why just say pick a glock?
give him a few ideas at least. not just.

get a Glock,....because I carry a G22.

what if it does not fit him? oh wait Gen4 glocks have different straps...good to know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back