Conceal Carry not allowed on Corp of Engineers Property, ie. campgrounds?

weekendskp

The Corps said, in a statement: “Public Law 111-024 does not apply to Corps projects or facilities . . . [and the Army Corps] will continue to prohibit loaded concealed weapons on Corps properties regardless of the new law and notwithstanding any contrary provisions of state law.”
Legislation Will Protect Gun Rights on Army Corps of Engineers Land - Gun Owners Of America

I guess I'm a little shocked that I've not been strictly with the letter of the law when my wife and I camp at the lake! I did not know that it was illegal. Ignorance is not a defense, I know, so I sure hope this new law passes. H.B. 1865 addresses the deficiencies in the previous law allowing carry in National Forests.

2nd adm.

Who ever put the quote about the 2nd amendment was wrong the text , both the one passed by congress and ratified by the states , states the the right of the people to keep and bare arms ,shall not be infringed

Can't blame them, considering the Corps blowing up dikes flooding thousands of square miles of farmland in MO to save a single town in Illinois. Initial unconfirmed reports were that Corps trucks hauling in explosives were fired on.

However, considering Corps of Engineering property are typically used for recreational purposes as well, and open to the public, then those areas should be open to concealed carry the same as any other public land.

Who ever put the quote about the 2nd amendment was wrong the text , both the one passed by congress and ratified by the states , states the the right of the people to keep and bare arms ,shall not be infringed

If you are talking about the quote in his signature, it is obviously sarcasm from the person quoted.

By the way, it is "bear" arms...as in carrying them, not "bare" arms...which would mean to open to view, reveal or divulge.

I always have my pistol when we camp. I don't carry it around but it is there just the same. Not being defiant, don't try to break the law, but it will be there regardless.

Sorry for not catching the sarcasm and I'm a bit bad at grammar . My point was people misunderstand the law and meaning of it and therefore pervert it to make themselves feel better about trying to take the right away from law abiding citizens . It makes me mad when some one tries to step on the feet of the common man . And might I add I am new to this forum .. history wither firearms , I hold 5 championships from some years ago and now carry open and concealed and I also help people with cqb tactics and self-defense .so if I say something to offend I am sorry

Some more "nanny panny government crapola". If there is any opportunity anywhere, anyway, anyhow for this government of ours to regulate your lives since "THEY" have decided right and wrong, they will find a way to do it. COE properties is another wedge into your liberties. I lover this country but have come to feel nothing for this federal government except for its military. Even there, when a REAL soldier, Gen McChrystal, is "retired" and replaced with purely yes men generals, I begin to worry about the military, as well.

Wouldnt this thread have been more appropriately placed in the Firearm politics and Second Amendment Issues forum? I mean unless its just CC thats forbidden on ACoE land.....and last I checked, it wasnt.

COE properties is another wedge into your liberties. I love this country but have come to feel nothing for this federal government except for its military.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? - Thomas Jefferson

The time is way overdue. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed . ." - T. Jefferson

This thread may certainly have been better posted in "politics", but originally, I was just expressing a concern about concealed carry. And, while we're on the subject, I strongly encourage those that are able, to join the Oathkeepers organization. The police officers that are currently on trial for the Danziger Bridge shootings forgot their duty. One of them was quoted calling the panic stricken citizens fleeing to higher ground, "savages". They didn't have guns. They needed guns; to protect themselves from the police. What do your state statutes say about your rights to have guns in a state of emergency? If the law says that they can confiscate weapons, you better believe that this could happen to you! You must, in your respective states, unseat the many bloodsucking parasites (poli - tics)that have taken your liberties.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back