How many CCW Mag would you carry??

Hello everyone I have a question about how many magazine would you carry when CCW, If I think about it, the reason for CCW is protect your self from any harms to you and your love ones, That means, that you want to stop that threat to happen, by all means necessarily, so I'm assuming that with only 1mag is good enough to do so, because you only want to disable that threat..
Any comments?

First, you want to STOP the threat. If he's disabled, he can still hurt/kill you. BTW if he dies, that means he's stopped, right?

Most malfunctions are caused by magazine issues. You should always carry at least 1 reload just in case. You do malfunction drills, right? This is an extension of that. For those who believe tha magazine in the gun is all they need, all I can say is I've seen a lot of magazine failures from the one in the gun. It may have been defective when you first loaded up or it was damaged after you loaded up. Have you ever fired a round and got a FTF? I've watched people whose mags lost the baseplate and ejected all of their rounds, spring, and follower WITHOUT the shooter noticing until it Failed To Fire. YMMV

Daily carry when not at work, G-23 14 rds, Taurus 380 7 rds and a small NA 22 mag revolver, 5 rds, and in the car, AK with two double stack mags 120 rds

One of the reasons you carry a spare magazine is in case your first one malfunctions. It's not always about the increased round count.

In all the years I've carried I've never had to fire a shot. Based on that I choose to carry a multitool instead of a third magazine (there's only so much space on my belt)

I used to carry two spares (2x13) and a light (SureFire). I'm looking for a single pouch with a built in light holder in place of the second mag. 13 + 13 + 1 and a BRIGHT light. I've used the light a lot, my knife even more, and the gun a couple of times. 27 rounds of 230g .45 is heavy enough.

one in the gun, one other. Depends on the gun as to how many rounds that is. When wearing the M&P 40C, thats still 20 round.

I carry one in my XD 9 Hi Cap and two extra Hi Caps. You do not want to be accused of (excuse the pun) overkill in a court of law if you would shoot someone.

One in the gun, two on my belt and three extended magazines in a :pleasantry:"tactical":pleasantry: thigh magazine holder. If 127 rounds of 40S&W won't get the job done, I should have brought hand grenades or set up claymores around the perimeter. :biggrin:

HOLY CRAP - I thought I was bad carrying up to 60 rounds. Goes to show ya, now matter how crazy you are, there's always someone crazier! :biggrin:

We totally have to hang out when the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us! LOL

Most malfunctions are caused by magazine issues. You should always carry at least 1 reload just in case. You do malfunction drills, right? This is an extension of that. For those who believe tha magazine in the gun is all they need, all I can say is I've seen a lot of magazine failures from the one in the gun. It may have been defective when you first loaded up or it was damaged after you loaded up. Have you ever fired a round and got a FTF? I've watched people whose mags lost the baseplate and ejected all of their rounds, spring, and follower WITHOUT the shooter noticing until it Failed To Fire. YMMV

I had a magazine in my G17 lose the base plate, I noticed it immediately, but it was a "Oh ****" moment. Had I been involved in "serious social work" that could have turned out badly if no other magazine was available.

My answer is a bit more complicated than most. I have five different guns available to me for concealed carry. 90% of the time it's a Glock G30SF. I almost always have at least one extra magazine for that gun, and often will carry two.

During winter months when I wear bulkier clothing I may opt for my Sig P229 that allows for more ammunition capacity. I consider this a compact pistol, though it does maybe hug the line a little. I pretty much always have two spare magazines in the wintertime.

On some rare occasions during the summer, on very hot days where skimpy clothing is called for I may opt for my SP101 357 Magnum. It is very small and stainless, which suits it to that environment. There are no magazines for that gun. I used to carry a speedloader around with an extra five rounds for this gun but I was never entirely happy with the limited capacity that represented, which accounts for the rarity of my using this carry method. However, this gun is about to be sent off to be ported and modified to accept moonclips, so it will be better suited for summer carry again. I'll probably carry two reloads for it then.

The other two guns, a Glock G27 and a Smith 4516-1, likely won't see carry again, but I have two spare magazines for each of them that I carried with them.

At the moment, it's the one in the gun+a spare in my holster's spare mag pouch. I've already ordered two additional mags for my EDC gun as well, since it's gonna be my only carry gun for awhile.

In Arizona if they make it you can carry it, have seen 9mm 32 round mags. Personally, I carry 16 round magazines by Springfield and EAA Tanfoglio Witness

The reeason I mention this is because by using the anti's terms you legitimize their argument. Your magazines are standard capacity

When I carry my 1911 - I carry an additional 2 mags
When I carry my Walther - I carry one additional.

If I can't get away with 19 to 31 rounds, then I'll use what the other guy brought to the party.

The reeason I mention this is because by using the anti's terms you legitimize their argument. Your magazines are standard capacity

No, that is not true. Many weapons ship with two types of magazines, and the manufactures themselves (who are far from anti-gun) call the higher round count magazines "high capacity". The Browning "Hi-Power" was originally called such not because it fires a higher powered cartridge (it did not), but because of the high round count of its magazine, and this was long before the anti-gunners fixation on round count. I would bet if you looked into the matter, you would find that "high capacity" was used by shooters and the industry long before the anti-gunners got hold of the idea. I have been shooting for more than 30 years, and weapons like the Hi-Power and S&W 59 were called "high capacity" by me and other shooters long before the bans of the 1990s. Something has to exist before it can be banned. Nobody legitimizes the anti-gunners argument by calling something the name it has been called by everyone before the anti-gunner figured out a way to ban it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back