cc travel across state lines legal or not?

Crackerjack

i live in fl headed to alabama for a long weekend. still new to cc but as far as i know its legal for me to carry in bama. but don't know if its legal to carry across the state lines. looking to make my search a little quicker and easier any help would be appreciated.

Alabama honors Florida's CC permit. If you have that you should be fine. See handgunlaw.us for more information.

Totally OK, stay out of school zones if you pull weapon, in fact if you see a person being robbed, raped assulted including yourself do not pull weapon in school zone other than your own state.

Go to handgunlaw.us and read up or go read Alabama law...don't take anyone's word for it. Each state's laws will vary even if there is reciprocity.

i don't i was just asking for help finding the right laws. i like print from the gov to cover my self but didnt want to read threw a novel just to make sure i was right. handgunlaw.us was what i was looking for i think. thank you very much for your help

i don't i was just asking for help finding the right laws. i like print from the gov to cover my self but didnt want to read threw a novel just to make sure i was right. handgunlaw.us was what i was looking for i think. thank you very much for your help

Don't forget, you will very, very seldom ever find a law that specifies what behavior is legal. Laws are written to specify what is illegal and if there is no law prohibiting an action, than that action is by default legal.

stay out of school zones if you pull weapon, in fact if you see a person being robbed, raped assulted including yourself do not pull weapon in school zone other than your own state.
Please prove this..... I dont believe a word of it, sorry........

If the "permit" you have is honored by the state you are in.... then you are treated EXACTLY like you had one from that state, and were a resident there as far as Conceal carry goes.

Please prove this..... I dont believe a word of it, sorry........

If the "permit" you have is honored by the state you are in.... then you are treated EXACTLY like you had one from that state, and were a resident there as far as Conceal carry goes.

Not for the Federal Gun Free School Zone prohibition contained in 18 USC 922 (q).

Actual statute:
United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

ATF Opinion Letter:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/batf_school_zone.pdf

As Robert LeRoy Ripley would say, "Believe it, or not!"

Just remember that the laws of the states you will traveling thru are different than Florida in that your Florida permit allows you to carry other items besides handguns , and most of those items are illegal to carry in other states. For one I always have an automatic knife on my belt, one on my bike in tourpak, and one in the drivers door pocket of my truck. I have to remove them when traveling outside of Florida.

*kicks self in head, which is kinda hard to do if you think about it...*

I knew that, why didnt I remember it? Thanks for the reality jolt Treo.....
Apologies to Nightmare and the rest of you....

I knew that, why didnt I remember it? Thanks for the reality jolt Treo.....
Apologies to Nightmare and the rest of you....

It's very easy to forget about the Federal GFSZ law. I hope it gets struck down. I wish the whole interstate commerce B.S. would get struck down for anything and everything that is not actually in the process of interstate movement at the moment the Fed Gov tries to regulate it.

navyLCDR, I just noticed that I gave treo the credit for your reply... sorry.

Quick... someone mark it on the calender, I apologized not once, but TWICE in one thread..... lol

Not for the Federal Gun Free School Zone prohibition contained in 18 USC 922 (q).

Actual statute:
United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

ATF Opinion Letter:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/batf_school_zone.pdf

As Robert LeRoy Ripley would say, "Believe it, or not!"

Then there's the case of WI's new law which states:

(d) For purposes of 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (ii), an
out−of−state licensee is licensed by this state.

How does that fly in the face of the ATF opinion...which quite frankly IS just an opinion... :pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back