How many CCW Mag would you carry??

solopr

Hello everyone I have a question about how many magazine would you carry when CCW, If I think about it, the reason for CCW is protect your self from any harms to you and your love ones, That means, that you want to stop that threat to happen, by all means necessarily, so I'm assuming that with only 1mag is good enough to do so, because you only want to disable that threat..
Any comments?

I carry two mags of .380 which equals 17 rounds total. If I were to carry the .45 there would be two mags also and 21 rounds total. I carry an extra mag mag incase of a small riot starts after I shoot. People are crazy where I live and they tend to go wacko when the SHTF. I know it wont help me to stop every person from jumping me but I would be able to get out of danger and call the police.

Except in the case of my competition pistol, for which I own five magazines that carry 17 rounds of 9mm ammo each, I would carry all the magazines, fully loaded that I owned. After all, I don't have to use up all the bullets just because I start shooting. I suppose normally I would purchase enough magazines to total three, so that I could carry one in the gun, and two more elsewhere.

When I carry my .45 I at least have the magazine in my gun plus two spares on my belt (10 rounds each, total of 30 rounds). If I'm dressed in layers, I've been known to add up to 3 more magazines in clothing pockets, for a total of up to 60 rounds. Now realistically, I KNOW I'm never going to use that many in a typical self-defense scenario - but it gives me a few options of where to grab for a magazine if I am injured and can't reach my left side easily.

When I carry my .357, I carry two speedloaders plus 12 more rounds in a "cartridge wallet" sort of thing - total of 30 rounds including the ones in the cylinder. I'm mulling over the possibility of getting a couple more cartridge wallets...again for the option of having a place to grab if I can't reach my speedloaders etc.

Carry 10rd in the gun and a 15 rd in the belt. Possible could carry 3 more 15 rd depending if I am going into an area that I would not normally go ie: gang territory, drug areas, etc. Generally only 1 extra.

SD40 with 2 14 shot mags. The holster has a mag pocket so I keep it filled. I don't expect to ever use it but with gang activity in NM, I;m not taking chances.

Usual carry is Colt combat commander that I do not own, but if I did I carry one mag in gun, one in pipe and two spare mags. If I carry the Para-13 I don't own I carry one mag in gun, one in pipe and two spare mags.

One in the gun plus one extra is all I thought would be necessary. I have been rethinking that. I think 2 spare mags in case one malfunctions. Of course a BUG would be even better then a second spare mag for the main gun. People do carry a bug just in case the main gun malfunctions along with other reasons.
BWDIK But What Do I know!?:pleasantry:

I would like a second mag for my .380 (5 rounds) and would carry that, but the 17 in my 9mm is enough so I only carry the clip thats loaded in it.

Sometimes I only carry the mag in the pistol and sometimes an extra in my vest pocket. Two more in a mag pouch in the vehicle console. I don't normally go anywhere that I would call really dangerous or that I would expect gang type activity. My usual travels are in rural areas quite a distance from any responding officers so I expect to handle my own problems w/o assistance. My current job has me visiting areas which might be used for meth labs. If I was really concerned about such a problem, I'd be carrying an AR tucked behind the seat with 4-5 mags.

I would like a second mag for my .380 (5 rounds) and would carry that, but the 17 in my 9mm is enough so I only carry the clip thats loaded in it.

One of the reasons you carry a spare magazine is in case your first one malfunctions. It's not always about the increased round count.

In all the years I've carried I've never had to fire a shot. Based on that I choose to carry a multitool instead of a third magazine (there's only so much space on my belt)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back