Would you give the Gov't a key to your home?

That is why it is called "MY HOME"??? It is fully paid for, no mortgage and it belongs to me, NOT the government.

Another example of government implementing ideas on others that will not apply to them. So many scary statements flowed from the mouths of these councilmen. Mr Dave Wieland (2:40) says that there is no effort to put these boxes on a residential house and that he would not let them put one on his home. Newsflash...people live in triplexes, duplexes, and apartments.

If it can happen there... it can happen in any town, city, and state. I fear we are in for a difficult time in our nations history during my lifetime. The people will not stand for much more... I know I won't.

Another example of government implementing ideas on others that will not apply to them. So many scary statements flowed from the mouths of these councilmen. Mr Dave Wieland (2:40) says that there is no effort to put these boxes on a residential house and that he would not let them put one on his home. Newsflash...people live in triplexes, duplexes, and apartments.

I don't think that this should me mandated and I do believe that it is unconstitutional, but I think that when he said what he did, he was talking about non-commercial residential property, where the triplexes, duplexes, and apartments are commercial residential property.

I don't think that this should me mandated and I do believe that it is unconstitutional, but I think that when he said what he did, he was talking about non-commercial residential property, where the triplexes, duplexes, and apartments are commercial residential property.

Like one of the women said, there is a very slippery slope should this be approved. I understand there is a technical difference between the types of property, single and multi-family structures. What is to stop them (other than Dave Wieland not letting them) from saying that a person who lives in a single family structure is now in need of the same "protection" that they afforded to businesses and citizens that live in multi-family structures?

That is why it is called "MY HOME"??? It is fully paid for, no mortgage and it belongs to me, NOT the government.

I think that is great! I am working toward that as well. Consider this.

See what happens if you don't pay your property tax. Don't be fooled, the government owns us all. Have you heard of eminent domain. Government will seize what they want when they want even if they have to take your life for it. Another four years of that despicable creep in the white house and you just might have to give up your home to some less fortunate moocher because you are just one of those more fortunate producers.

Don't pay your electric, no lights. Don't pay your gas no cooking. Don't pay the water, no washing.
Don't pay your property taxes, your will find out real soon who owns what.

Sorry for then bad news.

The government has access to my home anytime they want it..
The key is held in a box called "Link Removed"
The combination to the box is RIGHT to Probable Cause, LEFT to a Oath in front of a Judge, RIGHT listing exactly where they are going to search and for what, LEFT to a signature by the Judge..

The last guy who states "The merit of an idea..." He really doesn't seem to understand the concept of a democracy/republic..
I'm pretty sure, no matter how this vote goes.. There are going to be some city councilmen/women going to be voted out of office!!!

The government has access to my home anytime they want it..
The key is held in a box called "Link Removed"
The combination to the box is RIGHT to Probable Cause, LEFT to a Oath in front of a Judge, RIGHT listing exactly where they are going to search and for what, LEFT to a signature by the Judge..

The last guy who states "The merit of an idea..." He really doesn't seem to understand the concept of a democracy/republic..
I'm pretty sure, no matter how this vote goes.. There are going to be some city councilmen/women going to be voted out of office!!!

Good post Hoot, this is exactly why it is much more important for all of us to be involved on a local level, we have more power that way. How did these Statis get elected anyway?

If this passes, I'll wager the insurance rates go UP for the buildings where the lock boxes are installed.

So that's what our future state and federal leaders look like?
I've never seen them in their natural political tap dance training workshop session before.

I'm going to quote Mark Walters from Armed American Radio.

"Smack them upside the head with a rolled up copy of the Constitution"

I'll add... fire them all ASAP.

I also hear that they are going to start requiring helmets for anyone walking. In the event that someone trips and bumps their head, they will be protected. I can not believe something like this could really go on in America. God help our country when something like this can happen in the midwest.

We have all gotten very comfortable and just turned into a bunch of pansies. My hat of to those that were there to oppose. The problem is, only a small minority will fight, not enough to make any sort of difference.

This is an easy one....Leave....Me....Alone....
I neither want nor need the governments protection. (at the local level....country's borders yes)

This is an easy one....Leave....Me....Alone....
I neither want nor need the governments protection. (at the local level....country's borders yes)

You are absolutely right, however, the ruling body in the film seem to think otherwise. As a government entity, they epitomize the old saying that if the government is trying to help you, look out. Again, another example of the inmates running the asylum. I forsee a lot of lawsuits against that group!

"The merit of an idea does not depend on the number of people who hold that idea."

That of course works both ways. Just because the city council approves an idea does not mean it has merit. Anyway that is a specious argument. It really doesn't matter if its a good idea or not. What matters is what THE PEOPLE want, and if it is legal. That's why we have a Bill of Rights.

Not a chance they'd get a key. No way. And what about the alarm code? What about the K9 inside? They have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a key to my premises. And what happens if they enter, the homeowner awakes from a nap and shoots the intruder? Forget it... I stand on my constitutional rights against search and seizure.

Not a chance they'd get a key. No way. And what about the alarm code? What about the K9 inside? They have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a key to my premises. And what happens if they enter, the homeowner awakes from a nap and shoots the intruder? Forget it... I stand on my constitutional rights against search and seizure.

Agree 100% all four items you speak to are what responsible people employ to take charge of their own protection....all of them come in to play before the police come

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back