Non-resident permit

Too bad Centre county is no longer going to issue through the mail because a new law requires you to appear in person to sign the permit.

Just ran across that on their website earlier today. Glad I already got mine! As a note to the curious, they listed "March 31st, 2011" as the date that mail in permit requests had to be received by in order to be processed. Everything after that date will not be processed (through the mail at least, you can still go in person).

Sent mine in 3/18

Got a response one week later. Living in one of the few dictatorships in this country (Illinois) a copy of my FOID card was requested. Since it was starting to get get close to the deadline of 3/31 I called to see if I should send it in priority mail. The phone was answered immediately by the nicest lady possible. She told me just to be sure to leave their note asking for my FOID card on the paperwork they had returned with the request and they would know that I had submitted my requested for concealed carry before the new law went into effect.
This is the way our public servants are supposed to be, fast efficient and friendly!:happy: I know this women was swamped with work at this time (I asked her) but she still kept a good attitude about her job and was friendly to me.
Here in Illinois they are slow and surly and act more like they are your boss.:angry: Give them a little power and it goes to their head! As soon as I'm able I will moved to a civilized state.

Finally Got my Permit

Got a response one week later. Living in one of the few dictatorships in this country (Illinois) a copy of my FOID card was requested. Since it was starting to get get close to the deadline of 3/31 I called to see if I should send it in priority mail. The phone was answered immediately by the nicest lady possible. She told me just to be sure to leave their note asking for my FOID card on the paperwork they had returned with the request and they would know that I had submitted my requested for concealed carry before the new law went into effect.

With my name misspelled!:cray:

That's what I get waiting til the last minute to apply by mail in PA. They have to be swamped with applications.

Call them and informed them of the misspelling. They should send you a corrected version.
Have already called them and left a message. The person that handles this problem was not available. Hopefully I will hear from them Thursday.
I appreciate your advice none the less. That is why I joined this forum, everybody seems eager to help each other.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back