Daily Carry Loadout.

CalicoJack10

I have been giving this a lot of thought lately with the introduction of wepon mouted camera's and such becoming more and more common, at least from teh questions that I get from my regulars. I personally carry an MP3 recorder around my neck and an ID wallet in my left hip pocket so that I don't have to reach near my gun when I am asked for my ID/permit/etc.

So I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on a daily carry loadout aside from the recorder, flashlight, weapon, ID wallet, and spare mags that I normally tell my students they should carry.

On a side note, I think it is kinda sad that it i necessary to carry a digital recorder just in case of contact with law enforcement.

I have been giving this a lot of thought lately with the introduction of wepon mouted camera's and such becoming more and more common, at least from teh questions that I get from my regulars. I personally carry an MP3 recorder around my neck and an ID wallet in my left hip pocket so that I don't have to reach near my gun when I am asked for my ID/permit/etc.

So I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on a daily carry loadout aside from the recorder, flashlight, weapon, ID wallet, and spare mags that I normally tell my students they should carry.

On a side note, I think it is kinda sad that it i necessary to carry a digital recorder just in case of contact with law enforcement.

Your list is similar to mine, for EDC I include a pocket knife. I carry on my person as follows;
Gun-Holster
2 Spare mags
Pocket Knife (Arizona allows autos) generally I carry a 4” folder or auto knife.
Permit, ID, Credit Cards, cash in a card/money clip etc.

When out and about I have a Maxpedition Bag either on me or in the car. It contains the following;
3 cell Surefire
Gloves
50’ para cord (handy stuff)
First Aid kit
Beesting kit
Fire Starting kit
1 liter bottle of water (I live in AZ, ya got to have water).
Swiss Tool
GPS
More spare mags

The Maxpedition bag load is changed depending upon where I am going, ie when driving the back roads along the border, I’ll stick in 5 or 6 extra mags for the AR-15 or 12 ga ammo.

I'm going to add a recorder, although there is not much of an issue with OC in AZ.

Steve

Your list is similar to mine, for EDC I include a pocket knife. I carry on my person as follows;
Gun-Holster
2 Spare mags
Pocket Knife (Arizona allows autos) generally I carry a 4” folder or auto knife.
Permit, ID, Credit Cards, cash in a card/money clip etc.

When out and about I have a Maxpedition Bag either on me or in the car. It contains the following;
3 cell Surefire
Gloves
50’ para cord (handy stuff)
First Aid kit
Beesting kit
Fire Starting kit
1 liter bottle of water (I live in AZ, ya got to have water).
Swiss Tool
GPS
More spare mags

The Maxpedition bag load is changed depending upon where I am going, ie when driving the back roads along the border, I’ll stick in 5 or 6 extra mags for the AR-15 or 12 ga ammo.

I'm going to add a recorder, although there is not much of an issue with OC in AZ.

Steve

All of the above is outstanding and my Maxpedition is stocked with all of the above other then AR and shotgun ammo and the para cord. But one item I also never leave out is a note pad and a good pen. Never know when you will need to take down information or a license plate number. Sometimes being a good witness is the best thing to do.

I like the note pad and pen idea, I am just coming up with ideas for future refrence. I have never used a maxpedition bag cause I feel like it would be an extra something to get in the way since I don't like carrying my side arm off my body (hip packs, bags, and so on).

On a side note, if I could manage to get permission from my daughters mother to move her out of state, I would be living in AZ tomorrow.

I like the note pad and pen idea, I am just coming up with ideas for future refrence. I have never used a maxpedition bag cause I feel like it would be an extra something to get in the way since I don't like carrying my side arm off my body (hip packs, bags, and so on).

On a side note, if I could manage to get permission from my daughters mother to move her out of state, I would be living in AZ tomorrow.

For me it was a must to get a bag of some kind. My two girls are always taking things with them they no longer want to carry. So I always found my pockets full of stuff and it became a pain in the butt. This also allows me to carry a first aid kit and other gear I did not feel like carrying on my body.

I OC 90% of the time, so I did not get the Maxpedition with the idea of using it for CC. I just need something to carry all the other junk I haul around everyday. I did try it for CC one day, I did not like the off body carry, nor was the gun accessable like hip carry so I quickly dropped it.

To bad about your ex....AZ is a great place to live. Unfortunately I spend a fair bit of time overseas, I miss AZ a everday I'm gone. Few places have the freedoms we take for granted, and the sad part is that we have a significant percentage of the US population that is more than willing to surrender freedom for some imaginary sense of security the "Government" will provide, be it financial, physical or social wellbeing.
Some folks just can't get the idea that we need to be responsible for ourselves.

I OC 90% of the time, so I did not get the Maxpedition with the idea of using it for CC. I just need something to carry all the other junk I haul around everyday. I did try it for CC one day, I did not like the off body carry, nor was the gun accessable like hip carry so I quickly dropped it.

To bad about your ex....AZ is a great place to live. Unfortunately I spend a fair bit of time overseas, I miss AZ a everday I'm gone. Few places have the freedoms we take for granted, and the sad part is that we have a significant percentage of the US population that is more than willing to surrender freedom for some imaginary sense of security the "Government" will provide, be it financial, physical or social wellbeing.
Some folks just can't get the idea that we need to be responsible for ourselves.

You must be military, I am betting either Army or Marine.

I never met a Marine who didn't want to get his hands on every cool piece of equipment he could and then make the Navy guys carry it for him. :laugh: I even knew a Marine who got a chainsaw that could run off of diesel oil, gasoline or any mixture of the two including mixes containing alcohol. He got it right before he went on an overseas tour to Afghanistan because he was not sure what type of fuel he would have access to and wanted to make sure his chosen tool would work. Now I am not sure what a U.S. Marine does in Afghanistan with a chainsaw, but some questions you don't realy want answered I guess. :fie:
The answer to the question is: Anything he wants to. But getting the Navy guys to carry it, never. The other way around, maybe.

I was Navy, and i have a great deal of friends that are Marines, and if they even ask me to "Hold this for a sec" i tell them to carry their own $hit! :sarcastic:

For me, I still use the "levels" for gear. Level 1 being what is on your person, Level 2 on your deuce gear (or in a civilian's case, bug out bag, etc), Level 3 ruck sack in the vehicle. Granted, here at home in AZ this isnt a war-zone, however, doing the job I do, I often get asked by my LE counterparts: "Why did you call us? You guys are better armed than we are..." Simple answer really: numbers.

Anyhow, on my person: Firearm, 2 spare mags, LED Flashlight, Two Way Radio (for work and home), Pen, Paper, Handcuffs, Spare Cell Phone Battery, Spare Radio Battery, Spare Flashlight Batteries, Digital Voice Recorder, Spare DVR Batteries, CPR Mask (yes I am certified), Credentials in a separate wallet, Copy of the U.S. Constitution and all related documents, S&W Border Guard II Pocket Knife.

My deuce gear consists of my outter-carrier for work: Taser, 2 sets of Handcuffs, Lots of Pens, Lots of Notepads, EMT Gloves, Second LED Flashlight w/ Spare Batteries, Third LED Flashlight w/ Spare Batteries, 2 M4 Carbine Mags, Spare Radio Battery, Camelbak, Extra pack of Smokes w/ Spare Lighter, Expandable Baton.

The Ruck Sack contains: Warming Layers, Camelbak, IFAK (USMC Individual First Aid Kit, Trauma Type), Spare Cell Battery, Spare Radio Battery, 4 Spare M4 Carbine Mags, 6 Spare 1911 Mags, 3 Days of Chow, 3 Changes of Socks, 2 Extra packs of Smokes, Extra Lighter, Weapons Cleaning Kit, Shemagh, Poncho w/ Liner, Leather Gloves, Whistle, Lensatic Compass, Boonie Cover and anything else for any specific trip that I will be taking.

As far as the chain saw goes in Afghan, I would use it as a "hearts and minds" tool. Wish I had one when I was still in the Marines. Would have been great!

The weapon mounted camera looks like a good idea, basically, it may help to support your self defense case if that becomes necessary. If only they were not quite so pricey.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back