Kahr holster

Shoegoo

I recently purchased a holster from Kahr for a PM9. The holster does not want to let go of the PM9. Its one of those pocket holsters that is suppose to look like a wallet from the outside. Its made of leather and I was hoping that it was a break in issue but it persist. :angry:

Any suggestions are welcome.

does the pocket holster have a good hook and is the outside rough. also is it a square pocket holster. if it is then that is your problem.
pocket holsters need to be rough on the outside or have velco. some have a hook or wing on the side to it will latch to the pocket.

got a picture of the holster??

Is the problem that the holster grips your pistol too tightly or that it doesn't have anything to retain the holster in your pocket when you draw the weapon? It may be a combination of the two; the question is where do you start.

Is the problem that the holster grips your pistol too tightly or that it doesn't have anything to retain the holster in your pocket when you draw the weapon? It may be a combination of the two; the question is where do you start.

I think its a combination of the two. More a problem of too much grip. I have a similar holster fora Sig 238 and there is no problem. That one has the Sig name on it and is a much better quality leather. The one I am having the problems with was bought from Kahr and it appears to be cheap patent leather.I was hoping that it would break in. I suppose I will have to call Kahr to find an explanation.

If it is a tightness issue, check out the Galco thread in the Handgun Holsters and concealment gear forum (warning - you will have to wade through some BS). There are a few ideas on how to break in a holster, such as putting the gun in a sock and holstering it to stretch the leather a little bit.

If you want to get a different holster I have a Galco pocket holster for my PM9 that is a good holster. It has the hook on the bottom and a rough leather outside so it will stay in the pocket. It wasn't very expensive but I can't remember how much it was to be honest.

What brand was the holster you bought? I have considered a double mag pouch from their website for my PM9.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back