Stop recognizing state permits that don't recongize ours.

G274me

I think Utah should stop honoring permits form states that don't accept ours. I think other states should do the same as well. If this were to happen, then the only like 11 states that would recognize Nevada. I don't think NV will ever honor Utah or Florida again unless something like the above mentioned happens.

I think Utah should stop honoring permits form states that don't accept ours. I think other states should do the same as well. If this were to happen, then the only like 11 states that would recognize Nevada. I don't think NV will ever honor Utah or Florida again unless something like the above mentioned happens.

NV probably will never honor UT and FL again because it will cost them money. The official reason is that the qualifications in those states aren't as stringent as NV. I think if UT and FL ever came up with similar qualifications like NV then NV will look for a new reason to keep them out. NV wants the money for the license as well as you having to spend money in NV for the class and qualification at the range. Of course, NV will never say that.

NV probably will never honor UT and FL again because it will cost them money. The official reason is that the qualifications in those states aren't as stringent as NV. I think if UT and FL ever came up with similar qualifications like NV then NV will look for a new reason to keep them out. NV wants the money for the license as well as you having to spend money in NV for the class and qualification at the range. Of course, NV will never say that.

NV could solve their "issue" by simply saying NV resident must have a NV CFP to carry in NV. Then they could back to their regular recip agreements.

NV could solve their "issue" by simply saying NV resident must have a NV CFP to carry in NV. Then they could back to their regular recip agreements.

True, but I don't think it is just NV residents' money they want. People would just get a UT or FL license because they are recognized by more states so it makes sense not to get a NV. By not accepting UT or FL, people who want to carry concealed in NV have to get a NV license if you are from a state that NV doesn't recognize.

Here in NY it's very unfriendly. We don't honor any other state's permit. But why punish the good people of this state over the actions of the legislature.

True, but I don't think it is just NV residents' money they want. People would just get a UT or FL license because they are recognized by more states so it makes sense not to get a NV. By not accepting UT or FL, people who want to carry concealed in NV have to get a NV license if you are from a state that NV doesn't recognize.

If they wanted more non-residents to get the NV permit, they would eliminate the need to take the class In-state....

nevada sucks,i quit going there,i will spend my money elsewhere,i agree lets stop honoring nevada's cwp,makes sence..(sorrry about my bad spelling,didn't see the mistake untill this morning..)

I disagree; reciprocity is a good thing even if other states don't recognize our permit. Tourism benefits from it, it encourages legal carry by people traveling through Utah, and it sets a good example for other states' legislatures.

Nebraska has full reciprocity. If you recognize our permit, we recognize yours. If our citizens cannot carry in your state, don't bother carrying in ours. Fair is fair.

The second amendment does not say anything about needing a permit to keep and bear arms so while I see the point you are trying to make, It pisses me off that you would make that point instead of the point I just made. But you are free to make it so enjoy it but think about the bad that could happen if all the states said screw it you have to have our state CWP / CPL if you want to carry in our state cause we need the money from it.

Here in NY it's very unfriendly. We don't honor any other state's permit. But why punish the good people of this state over the actions of the legislature.

Frankly I am surprised that you choose to make you living in this field, given youq location?

Nebraska has full reciprocity. If you recognize our permit, we recognize yours. If our citizens cannot carry in your state, don't bother carrying in ours. Fair is fair.

That's pretty childish for a govt agency...but PA is pretty much the same. :wacko:

It is a licensing requirement and a way for a state exercise control. Some states understand and value self protection, whereas some states believe that protection should come more from the state itself. The City of Philadelphia basically, and illegally, made itself a residents only/may issue municipality, even though Pensylvania allows permits from other states and is a shall issue state.

Wow i think thats what i was saying,i love 2 shop in vegas,But i'll b damed if i will go 2 the most violent city in the usa w/out my gun,And i dont give a rats ass about Tourism benefits because thats not where i make my money >>WHATS FAIR IS FAIR<< so screw nevada!!!!! When nevada ppl,are traveling through utah they can lock their gun in a case and put it in the trunk like we do when we visit there state!!!!

When I took the front sight training course in Nevada they asked us to keep the weapons unloaded as we traveled to and from Pahrump to the training area. They seemed to have an understanding with the local cops. We complied and I heard of no problems. I didn't have to carry weapon and ammo in a locked box or anything. Of course Front sight brings in about (get ready, this is one of those internet statistic guesses)70% of all tourist traffic to the mini metropolis so perhaps this affects our treatment there.

Because the 'good people of this state' have let the legislature run amok and pass such bad (for the people of NY) laws.

Either our permits are equal or they aren't. You can't have it both ways.

Think about it--you want to restrict the rights of fellow gun carriers to punish anti-gunners? I say we should all be pushing our state legislatures to honor pistol permits from every state!

Frankly I am surprised that you choose to make you living in this field, given youq location?
This is a side-thing I do. I was always a sports shooter and became interested in getting instructor certs, but it's not what I did for a career. I have a graduate degree in computer science and spent about 23 years in software engineering (which I learned to despise). But I love to teach new shooters proper safety and help them get their permits. I feel it's the best contribution I can make to the issue.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back