Relocating to Alabama

When governments are involved there will always be problems. Im done arguing with a moron who knows nothing of the subject. You dont live here, I do!!!! I know what it is like in my area.

I'm done arguing with a moron who knows nothing of the subject.

So am I. Let's remember the first rule of forums: don't feed trolls. Especially if they are, or pretend to be, self-appointed officers of the political correctness thought police.

Gun rights are being violated all over this country (New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, California), and this puerile troll feigns concern about one of the most pro-gun states in America.

A troll. Nothing more. May he starve.

He doesn't live here.......

Semper Fi & Bama Boy: Fortunately, some of these people aren't residents of Alabama. They probably couldn't stand seeing that there are civilized folks down here who aren't married to their cousins and have more than one tooth. Let's hope they stay away 'cause they may like it here then we would have to put up with them. What a thought! By the way, pass the collards and corn bread!:biggrin:

"Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean

Oooo

Semper Fi & Bama Boy: Fortunately, some of these people aren't residents of Alabama. They probably couldn't stand seeing that there are civilized folks down here who aren't married to their cousins and have more than one tooth. Let's hope they stay away 'cause they may like it here then we would have to put up with them. What a thought! By the way, pass the collards and corn bread!:biggrin:

I love cornbread... no sugar YUCK! Sugar is for tea lol You bring the BBQ ckickin n Ill pass the stuff lol

Alabama is an Open Carry state with no license needed as long as you are on foot. Our may-issue is more liberal than some states "shall-issue". Probably because the money goes into the Sheriff's funds. SC will not accept AL CPL because we do not have a 24 hour center for them to check the validity of our licenses, so SC and AL do not have reciprocity thanks to SC. If you can't get a CPL in AL, then move to another county.

Alabama Open Carry is currently working for Constitutional Carry or at least Shall Issue on licenses. We are also working to have several laws repealed or updated. We would appreciate the help of all citizens in AL to help get this through the current pro-gun legislature. Go to alabamaopencarry.com and join today. It's free and we have meetings throughout the state with open carriers and RKBA supporters.

I too moved from Fayette Co Ohio to Alabama. I had no problem with getting a CCW permit.They said I would have to be a resident for 6 months,I talked to the Sheriff and had No problem obtaining my permit in the first week of living here. I guess its all in the way you approach the matter.

I guess I forgot to mention this was 12 years ago..My Bad.....I carry a Glock 36 . A Mans Best Friend doesn't have to be a Dog:biggrin:

that problem is a distinct possbilty.

Oh, get serious, G50AE. You're concocting boogeymen to worry about. Just because a government official can exercise discretion doesn't mean that the official can discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, etc. If an Alabama sheriff refused a CCW permit to a qualified citizen, the Alabama legislature would make the state "shall issue" within a week. And there are supposed "shall issue" states—like Rhode Island—that in practice make things as difficult as possible for applicants, and "may issue" states—like Maryland, Hawaii, and New Jersey—that simply do not issue at all.

People get refused there permits all the time when the issuing authority has the ability too, do you think a racist Sheriff that refuses all Black applicants actually puts that down as the denial reason? It's very easy to put something else there...but that doesn't mean thats not why they got denied. I come from a state (MA) where EVERYBODY is equally hated when it comes to getting your permit. But it's nuts to think that stuff doesn't happen.

"Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean

WTF?????? didn't you say earlier in the thread you moved down here from Ohio? What'd you drink the kool aid or something? You think your a Southerner now? and a Northern hating one at that? I hope I'm missing something here.

Well I see I am getting flamed for expressing my personal oppinions. So much for Southern Hospitality, something that we pride ourselves in here in South Carolina. :warning2: Aparently that's not the same in Alabama.

If you're getting flamed, it's not because of your opinions. It's because you're being rude.

Please don't feed this troll. He is interested only in being rude and portraying himself as some kind of heroic guardian of minority rights. In 15 months, the troll has posted 2,285 times, an average of 5 posts every day, virtually all expressing feigned alarm about the same bogus issue. Apparently he spends all his waking hours worrying about nonexistent racist sheriffs in a state he doesn't even live in—a gun-friendly state in which absolutely nobody claims there's a problem.

But at least he's not a "Yankie."

This is the last food I throw this troll:

1. Congratulations on making fun of CCW badges. Most people do.

2. I never looked up your profile. (Your number of posts is visible on the page.) Why would I look up your profile, anyway? I know everything I need to know about you from your delusional, poorly crafted, pretentious yet practically illiterate posts.

3. You know very well that the "bogus issue" I mentioned is not the right to keep and bear arms, but your own unsubstantiated ravings about all these racist sheriffs denying permits to various groups.

4. What some school principal (note spelling) said to some kid about some prom has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

5. Many people around the world, including in South Africa, condemned apartheid. Except for you, nobody, in Alabama or anywhere else, has any problem with the gun laws here. Since you have appointed yourself the savior of people who don't think they need saving, why don't you write some folk songs about the poor, benighted, oppressed Alabamians who are denied their gun rights and aren't even aware of it?

5. It must be tough going through life being so very humble.

Note: It's blatantly, not blatently.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back