ThruVision: Watching your terahertz

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Well, Link Removed.
The T5000 camera, created by a company called ThruVision, uses what it calls "passive imaging technology" to identify objects by the natural electromagnetic rays -- known as Terahertz or T-rays -- that they emit.

The high-powered camera can detect hidden objects from up to 80 feet away and is effective even when people are moving. It does not reveal physical body details and the screening is harmless, the company says.

Boy! That one can go both ways. I see justifed use of it as well as blatant misuse. I fear there is way more stuff out there that we are totally unaware of.

I've got one thought on this and all other bugs and tracking issues around. If you want to block natural or sythesized electromagnetic radiation from being seen by the outside world, you need to place that object in a faraday cage. They make fabrics that can be sewn into pockets for cellphones, etc. I bet that could easily be made into a flap pocket holster cover. Not going to be a problem if that becomes a problem. :)

I've got one thought on this and all other bugs and tracking issues around. If you want to block natural or sythesized electromagnetic radiation from being seen by the outside world, you need to place that object in a faraday cage. They make fabrics that can be sewn into pockets for cellphones, etc. I bet that could easily be made into a flap pocket holster cover. Not going to be a problem if that becomes a problem. :)
That all depends on what wavelength is being shielded against. Most phones are in the 900 MHz - several GHz range. Terahertz is much higher and may possibly require a different type of Faraday cage to shield against.

Very true that the faraday cage is insistant on the frequency. The "cage" has to be tighter and tighter with higher and higher frequencies typically. Although you would be surprised, I bought some cell phone blocking type fabric a few years ago and tested it against the radio function generator. I can't remember how high we pushed the generator, but we did top it out. I'm sure that there would need to be some modifications to mask something from such a sensor, however, it can be done.. Oh yeah and "Hello Big Brother". And since your here of course this would be used in lawful means only. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back