Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Update from the Babe

I sent this to her last night:
" Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
Yo Claire!

I am afraid you are wasting your time here. Most on this site are already serious about firearm safety and distrust "gimmicks." You might do better with the general public who are less informed about firearm safety.

Some friendly advice from an Old Fart.

Nice pics btw on your myspace page."

Her first response:
"yo old fart I never waste my time informing people about how they can save there fanmilies lives listen to what you are syaing then "old fart" get a glue I not going anywhere I think maybe your just jelous that I have this great company and you have well a pic of an even older fart get a life and bud out of mine"

The second:
"i think maybe if anyone is wasting their time it is you since over 1.5 millon people amone have view my father who I love's web site in this month alone and i have had 500 view my site here in less than a mo. when you however have had only 100 how long have you been a member??? HMMMMMMM "

I have been chastised, and I imagine my g/f's status is safe, and she being all of 4 years older than Claire.

:biggrin:

I sent this to her last night:
" Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
Yo Claire!

I am afraid you are wasting your time here. Most on this site are already serious about firearm safety and distrust "gimmicks." You might do better with the general public who are less informed about firearm safety.

Some friendly advice from an Old Fart.

Nice pics btw on your myspace page."

Her first response:
"yo old fart I never waste my time informing people about how they can save there fanmilies lives listen to what you are syaing then "old fart" get a glue I not going anywhere I think maybe your just jelous that I have this great company and you have well a pic of an even older fart get a life and bud out of mine"

The second:
"i think maybe if anyone is wasting their time it is you since over 1.5 millon people amone have view my father who I love's web site in this month alone and i have had 500 view my site here in less than a mo. when you however have had only 100 how long have you been a member??? HMMMMMMM "

I have been chastised, and I imagine my g/f's status is safe, and she being all of 4 years older than Claire.

:biggrin:

Hope her English is a lot better. The responses you got are full of spelling and grammatical errors. :eek:

I wonder if she realizes that a lot of the views to her profile and her father's website were from the same people? I get a good chuckle from reading her posts. Reminds me of the way I wrote when I was in the 2nd grade. :wink:

She's right about not wasting her time, I'm sure like myself, a lot of responsible gun owners on this site are getting a good laugh from her posts and responses! :haha:

gf

I wonder if she realizes that a lot of the views to her profile and her father's website were from the same people?

gf

And most of those viewers are NOT buying. The internet equivelent of window shopping. (Or they just need a good laugh from time to time.):sarcastic:

And most of those viewers are NOT buying. The internet equivelent of window shopping. (Or they just need a good laugh from time to time.):sarcastic:

I find the situation both amusing and sad. It's amusing that a couple of folks with minimal firearms knowledge would come up with a product. What's more amusing is that "Claire" thinks she'll actually have an inheritance after the company goes under. :haha: What's sad is the fact that you have a mentally deficient child working desperately for the approval of her father. If her grammatical and spelling errors aren't a clue, her highly charged responses should be. She responds without thinking about what she's going to say. It seems as though she wants to look like an idiot so when folks meet her, they don't expect much.

gf

[She responds without thinking about what she's going to say. It seems as though she wants to look like an idiot so when folks meet her, they don't expect much.

gf[/QUOTE]

Right set the bar low and she'll always come out on top.Well, at least she will think so. I feel sorry for her really. Hopefully, if she ever grows up, she'll realize her ignorance. Until then, it's kind of fun watching this go back and forth! Like a cat with a wounded mouse. Sad yet entertaining.

I wouldn't mind it so much if even a few of her postings weren't plugs for her dad's product. If she had an opinion on certain brands of firearms, 2nd amendment rights...heck, ANYTHING. But every dang post I read by her has to have "Safety bullets" in it somewhere. So for me, it's like "Claire has posted again - oh look, another plug for safety bullets - big surprise there." :no: :sarcastic:

I wouldn't mind it so much if even a few of her postings weren't plugs for her dad's product. If she had an opinion on certain brands of firearms, 2nd amendment rights...heck, ANYTHING. But every dang post I read by her has to have "Safety bullets" in it somewhere. So for me, it's like "Claire has posted again - oh look, another plug for safety bullets - big surprise there." :no: :sarcastic:

That's all she's about, the almighty dollar. If wasn't for that she wouldn't be caught dead in a forum like ours. Notice her title, Heiress, that's a little over the top for me. Like a good salesperson she's going to push and defend her product regardless, even if it could cost lives!

I wonder if the safety bullet has been out long enough for there to be statistics on the number of people killed because of it, and if so, could a person even find that info?

I wonder if the safety bullet has been out long enough for there to be statistics on the number of people killed because of it, and if so, could a person even find that info?

Don't think that there are enough folks out there who purchased them to get a good sampling. I consider it a very bad product. Anyone purchasing and using the product would probably be in trouble for several other contributing factors. Don't think any injuries/deaths would be able to be directly linked to the product.

gf

I guess what I am wondering is if there has been an incident where someone had not been able to defend themselves adequately because their weapon was temporarily unoperable. Surely someone has bought these things, and I never underestimate peoples' stupidity or ignorance so there are probably a few out there.

I guess what I am wondering is if there has been an incident where someone had not been able to defend themselves adequately because their weapon was temporarily unoperable. Surely someone has bought these things, and I never underestimate peoples' stupidity or ignorance so there are probably a few out there.

Having a customer base of 5, it's highly unlikely any of those ignorant folks will get into an armed confrontation. :haha: I'm glad that the product doesn't have a very large distribution. You bring up an excellent point as a sell against the device. In my classes I teach students how to safely secure their firearms. The device in question is not one of the methods covered.

gf

Substitute for Common Sense and Respect

I saw these things at one of the Gun Shows here about a year and a half ago. The idea was as useless then as it is now. I initially thought it was some type of Snap Cap, etc. Then the guy started into his sales pitch. Basically, if the firing pin contacts the center of it, a pin inside it expands the Nylon insert and jams it in the chamber rendering the gun incapable of chambering another round. In the case of a Revolver...the pin is supposed to protrude far enough to prevent rotation of the cylinder.

Told him I wasn't interested and that Florida prohibited a weapon within reach of a child or "unauthorized user" and I really didn't want to rely on Personal Negligence and a lack of respect for Weapons as my kids only education regarding them. There's a few too many people sitting in Jails and Prisons right now that never got that education or a good ass-whipping, and only had the glorification of Movies, TV and Gang Violence to learn from.

Decided a long time ago that my kids wouldn't learn about weapons that way, I've since taught them to shoot and respect them.

If one of these devices should fail to prevent a child or unauthorized user from firing a weapon...this company will be up the proverbial creek. Just a matter of time.

Agreed...This is one of those ideas better left as just that...an idea.

I found a similar product (check out safeshell.net) collecting dust in the back corner of a shelf at my favorite gun store. The shop owner said he hasn't sold a single pack since he found them in the inventory from a shop that closed.

I found a similar product (check out safeshell.net) collecting dust in the back corner of a shelf at my favorite gun store. The shop owner said he hasn't sold a single pack since he found them in the inventory from a shop that closed.

Explains why the other product uses the name "bullet". The first idiot's invention was worthless, second idiot may have patented a redesigned knock off.

At least the first idiot got the name right. :wink:

gf

A bad joke by some liberal anti gunner who needs money?

I'd hate to think what would happen if a kid jammed the first one in the barrel, cycled the next two out and got a live round in the pike. I'd rather press a digital three number lock box combo.

SECOND!!! Yet if your child finds your firearm and pulls the trigger, if you have a Safety Bullet®installed, your gun just became instantly disabled.

....and during a break in while under great stress you forget it is in there and try to shoot the intruder you may become Permanently disabled.

My thoughts exactly. Evidently this conehead has never been in a stressful situation handling a gun.:rolleyes:

I actually did go to the site and, from what I saw, I'd think that this was a better product than the Safety Bullet. The design does seem to work in revolvers and semi-autos, and is re-usable.

And as for Claire, WTF? Was she kept out back in the woodshed instead of going to school? Her apparent illiteracy thoroughly invalidates her message. Who would buy something from a person who writes like that?

Yep! You all are perfect and you will never make a mistake.

Let's just quit making safty products all togather, Because none of you need them.

Let's remove all safty features on all firearms, you don't need them you don't make mistakes.

Shit happens. I hope none of you find out the hard way.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back