Armed restaurant owner shoots 2 would-be robbers

It's called good old fashioned justice. Perhaps with the negative reinforcement being painful, they may repent... Or not...

Nogods, cut me break on that bleeding heart shit. The guy was a scumbag he looked like an illegal Mexican alien. Too bad the owner couldn’t take them both out, DRT (dead right there). Now our tax dollar is going to housing the scum at 45,000 dollars a year. If any thing I would charge the owner for missing his target. Giving him one year mandatory target shooting lessens!!!

There with ya Wooddoctor-These probable illegals, not that it matters, made conscience decisions to use guns to commit this robbery. Glad the Owner met fire power with fire power and sent at least one to meet his maker. It's a shame the other got away unscathed. UNFORTUNAETLY, bagging BG's in the action no longer constitutes Kudo's from the community. They need to remunerate the Store owner with the monetary reward it would have cost the State to incarcerate the dead one. BUT, that would be considered a Bounty for Bad Guys program. GOD forbid we reward Citizens for Bravery above and beyond the call of being just simpleton citizen.
Glad to hear his family is OK.

Nogods, cut me break on that bleeding heart shit. The guy was a scumbag he looked like an illegal Mexican alien. Too bad the owner couldn’t take them both out, DRT (dead right there). Now our tax dollar is going to housing the scum at 45,000 dollars a year. If any thing I would charge the owner for missing his target. Giving him one year mandatory target shooting lessens!!!

Valuing all human life is a "bleeding heart"? Someone who looks like an "illegal Mexican alien" is of less value as a human than what? Someone who looks looks like an illegal Italian alien? Or someone who looks like an illegal Canadian alien?

The great thing about evolution is that eventually the Neanderthals die out on their own. That is equally true for physical Neanderthals as it is intellectual Neanderthals.

Valuing all human life is a "bleeding heart"? Someone who looks like an "illegal Mexican alien" is of less value as a human than what? Someone who looks looks like an illegal Italian alien? Or someone who looks like an illegal Canadian alien?

If they are holding a gun and pointing it at a 13 year old or a 90 year old in the commission of a crime, It matters not what race of human they resemble. Shoot to stop the threat. If they die as a result of the injury inflicted, so be it. Live by the gun, die by the gun...

He did what was right! he was protecting his Business and most Important of all? HIS FAMILY!!!! If that was me i wouldn't hesitate to pull my Ruger P95 and do the same thing, Whether he was shot dead or not!! The way i look at it kicking someones A** or shooting them dead is called population control and keeping 1 less A**CLOWN off the streets before they did it to a other family!!

Valuing all human life is a "bleeding heart"?
The great thing about evolution is that eventually the Neanderthals die out on their own. That is equally true for physical Neanderthals as it is intellectual Neanderthals.

And if a Neanderthal comes into my place of business with gun in hand planning to commit violence, I'll drop him too. What if the store owner had not been armed? ( I hate the what ifs, always sounds like a Liberal thing) BUT what IF? You come into my place with a gun in your hand.........The sh*t will hit the Fan cause someones going to see Jesus. How dare anyone saying this shop owner did not have the right to act as he did. The perp removed his value by committing a violent act against another human being. How do you not value the owner and his son over this felon?

Neanderthal race.
Recreating the Neanderthal RaceSubtitle
This article is a look into the capacity and value of recreating the Neanderthal Race as well as other extinct races.Contents
lessmorePermanent link to this knol:LinkFries, Dwayne. Recreating the Neanderthal Race [Internet]. Version 10. Knol. 2010 Jul 23. Available from: Link Removed this page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are those who agree and disagree with evolution. There is one solid argument out there that cannot be argued with. By definition, God is all powerful and all knowing. For that reason, if he wanted to create man without evolution, he could. Without arguing for or against evolution, I will focus on evolution existing in the first place.
Last I've heard, to set up a fully functional lab to create a genetically engineered creature, or cloning lab, it costs somewhere on the order of $150,000. Further, many of these labs already exist, costing nothing more to establish.
Today, we take many things for granite. We assume the human race will continue to exist as it has for a while. This is not a safe assumption for many reasons. There are uncertainties that are often created by nature as well as humans. Not only something as simple as a virus having the capability to do the human race in, but there are also man made threats like nuclear weapons where we threaten ourselves. I would imagine if we destroyed ourselves, we would want a newly evolved species having the capability to revitalize our species out of compassion.
I cannot say for sure how accurate my point of view is with regard to the evolution into the human species that follows, but it is one that I do like to believe. I like to believe that within a caveman group, there was a degenerate (as they would see it) born, having significant differences from their own kind. There was a compassion not to kill it off. This new human, or what would quickly become human, was likely far physically weaker than other cavemen and had a very different mentality. From here, there was likely a period where the cavemen lived with humans until humans segregated themselves from the cavemen.
Humans are the only really intelligent species that we know today. We cannot say that any humanoid in history was not intelligent, really because we do not know. Even the smartest of humans that we have ever had, introduced as a baby in a caveman environment, fending for themselves, creating their own tools to hunt and so forth, there would likely be little technological advancement because of a lack of strong society and strong communication and education already existing. What we might be able to say with a stronger degree of certainty is that mentalities would be significantly different.
Consider a very different animal. Let us say we are considering a dog. A dog can be very sad, but lacks the capacity to cry. Even more different animals like a reptile would likely have even less of a capacity to morn. While there are qualities that we posses as humans, there are other qualities that a different species do have but humans do not have. This is where we begin to find the value in different species, particularly one that has the capability to learn human language and education and share it with us.
By revitalizing a species that has the capacity to learn and interact with humans, we could educate them in many disciplines, such as engineering, medicine, math, and language. Their take on things may naturally be weak in some areas, but stronger in other areas. If the Neanderthal would help humans become stronger in mathematics alone, this would likely make their re-introduction very worth while. It would also be a strong expression of who we are as a human race, having compassion and wanting to integrate multiple species within our own societies.
To sustain a race, I have heard it requires somewhere on the order of 8 individuals to strategically mate and fully create a new society in order to avoid significant genetic deficiencies. Some of these DNA may be difficult to acquire, while others, found frozen completely would be easier to acquire.
On a final note, it is worth noting that the human species as we know it has not been around that long. As rapidly as we change our own environment, it is likely that over the next few thousand years, we as humans, will see far more evolution within our own species than most other species are accustomed to, since other species are accustomed to remaining where their species are successful already.
Submissions for the collection: Recreating the Neanderthal Race
« Back to viewing the collection
There are no submissions for this collection.
Pending edits for knols in this collection: Recreating the Neanderthal Race
« Back to viewing the collection

I see this site's been as volatile as ever in my absence.

As much as it pains me philosophically, I have to give nogods a little credit. The perp was probably a complete scumbag, and this action by the store owner may have saved lives and saved the state taxpayers some prison money. Still, I know I wouldn't feel great about killing a person, no matter how much he deserved it. I certainly would have done the same thing, but the taking of a life is still a big deal, one that some of the more gung-ho types here may treat a bit too flippantly. The use of force to protect oneself or others is a fundamental human right, but the use of it should be treated with due respect and consideration.

In the end, though, score one for the good guys on this one.

Iceman……. I mean G5 ….what would you rather celebrate some scum bag death over the life of your son or the scum bags life over the death of your son. If someone has the balls to try to take my life or my love ones, I will celebrate their death any day. It is about time people stand up and grow some balls and get over themselves. I love the reading stories about the perpetrator getting KILLED! Give them a dirt nap. Lets face it some people will always be bad no matter what you do to help them so it is societies responsibility to remove them so they will no longer hurt innocent

If they are holding a gun and pointing it at a 13 year old or a 90 year old in the commission of a crime, It matters not what race of human they resemble. Shoot to stop the threat. If they die as a result of the injury inflicted, so be it. Live by the gun, die by the gun...

I like the way you think!

I like the way you think!

You could be the rare exception...:biggrin:

I've had some really interesting conversations that sometimes become disagreements over that phrase, slogan, warning, what ever you choose to name it.

What does "Live by the gun, Die by the gun" really mean.

I was told that by the mere fact I carry one, I'm more likely to be killed by one than someone who does not.
I laughed and took a shot at interpreting the slogan or advice above, for what it really is. A warning.

"Live by the gun" For me means exactly that, making a living or sustaining life by use of the gun. I mean using the gun to get money, goods and services, or other things to support life.

Ahhh, some will say "if you hunt with a gun for food, you are living by the gun". True in some aspects, but the animals you hunt for do not have the ability to defend themselves by means of firearms so that derails that train of thought, or so I believe...

Others will say police and military personnel live by the gun. Very true and sad that by that choice to live by the gun in a manner to facilitate the safety and well being of others whenever possible, they can be killed by the gun while not in the commission of crimes against fellow man/woman. It's the reality that Good Guys die too. So yes that warning applies to them as well.
It takes a strong will, complete sense of self, and complete love for God and fellow man to bring ones self to the service of others knowing death is possibly part of that line of service. R E S P E C T...

So my stance is this; "I don't represent the "live by the gun" part of the slogan as I don't make my living by use of the gun". "I represent the "Die by the gun" part of the slogan for the bad guy/gal who decides to be the "live by the gun" part of that slogan and attempts to deprive me of Life, Liberty, or The Pursuit of Happiness".

Try and explain that to a fully brainwashed, liberally spiked Kool-Aid drinking, anti-gun slogan spewing Obamazombie.:wacko:

Peace...

You could be the rare exception...:biggrin:

I've had some really interesting conversations that sometimes become disagreements over that phrase, slogan, warning, what ever you choose to name it.

What does "Live by the gun, Die by the gun" really mean.

I was told that by the mere fact I carry one, I'm more likely to be killed by one than someone who does not.
I laughed and took a shot at interpreting the slogan or advice above, for what it really is. A warning.

"Live by the gun" For me means exactly that, making a living or sustaining life by use of the gun. I mean using the gun to get money, goods and services, or other things to support life.

Ahhh, some will say "if you hunt with a gun for food, you are living by the gun". True in some aspects, but the animals you hunt for do not have the ability to defend themselves by means of firearms so that derails that train of thought, or so I believe...

Others will say police and military personnel live by the gun. Very true and sad that by that choice to live by the gun in a manner to facilitate the safety and well being of others whenever possible, they can be killed by the gun while not in the commission of crimes against fellow man/woman. It's the reality that Good Guys die too. So yes that warning applies to them as well.
It takes a strong will, complete sense of self, and complete love for God and fellow man to bring ones self to the service of others knowing death is possibly part of that line of service. R E S P E C T...

So my stance is this; "I don't represent the "live by the gun" part of the slogan as I don't make my living by use of the gun". "I represent the "Die by the gun" part of the slogan for the bad guy/gal who decides to be the "live by the gun" part of that slogan and attempts to deprive me of Life, Liberty, or The Pursuit of Happiness".

Try and explain that to a fully brainwashed, liberally spiked Kool-Aid drinking, anti-gun slogan spewing Obamazombie.:wacko:

Peace...

I do not waste my time trying to convince a stupid Obamazombie! I carry a Kimber 24/7 and don't give a fat rat's rear if they like it or not. Noone is going to stop me or change my mind!

Quite possibly I have mis-interpreted these posts, but I don't think anybody has faulted the owner for his actions. I surely do not, and I believe I would have reacted in the same manner. (I do not know this for fact, as I was not there). And yes, I do feel the owner is a hero and has done a great service to his family and community.

What I object to is all the bravado being espoused by the "I wish that scumbag had come into MY shop...If it had been ME, I would have this and I would have that, ...yada, yada, yada" crowd. It appears these fellows do not fully comprehend the gravity of the situation and are attempting to ride the coattails of the true hero of the story merely by claiming they would have done the deed to an even higher level.

It has been my observation that the swaggering braggarts tend to be the first to wet their pants when a gun appears in their face and pooh hits the fan. These are also the fellows that draw undesired attention to the pro-gun crowd, making us look like a bloodthirsty lot of knuckle-draggers.

Fear not the noisy loudmouth. Provoke not the quiet man. Now then, let the slings and arrows commence flying.

Quite possibly I have mis-interpreted these posts, but I don't think anybody has faulted the owner for his actions. I surely do not, and I believe I would have reacted in the same manner. (I do not know this for fact, as I was not there). And yes, I do feel the owner is a hero and has done a great service to his family and community.

What I object to is all the bravado being espoused by the "I wish that scumbag had come into MY shop...If it had been ME, I would have this and I would have that, ...yada, yada, yada" crowd. It appears these fellows do not fully comprehend the gravity of the situation and are attempting to ride the coattails of the true hero of the story merely by claiming they would have done the deed to an even higher level.

It has been my observation that the swaggering braggarts tend to be the first to wet their pants when a gun appears in their face and pooh hits the fan. These are also the fellows that draw undesired attention to the pro-gun crowd, making us look like a bloodthirsty lot of knuckle-draggers.

Fear not the noisy loudmouth. Provoke not the quiet man. Now then, let the slings and arrows commence flying.

Dave.... I think you may have a misinterpretation of these post. I believe what we are all saying here is that when your basic right to life is violated with possible death we take personal responsibility to preserve those rights. I hope I never have to take a life in self defense but if I do I only hope I can take out the threat before it takes me out. I love reading about some scum bag being taken out by his victim, does that make me happy??? Your dam right one less piece of dog squeeze on this earth to violate someone else’s right to live and I cellibrate that!!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back