Looking For A Dog

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I'm in the market to get a dog soon. Just wanted to post here in case anyone had any pups or anything. I'm not set on what breed I want but I know I don't want a small yap yap dog.

For a larger dog I have always been partial to labs. They are big enough to make someone think twice before intering your property but yet good with children and a very loyal breed.

I have 2 bulldogs. One English the other Victorian. My English is 5 yrs old, about 55 pounds he looks and sounds mean to those that don't know him. And he does charge at people and will knock them on their azz. To the family, he's a big 'ol ball 'o mush :) My Victorian is not quite a yr (still a pup) and she is the size of my English already so I'm guessing she will be abt 75 lbs full grown??? I love my bulldogs. They are smart, loveable, great watchdogs....and best of all they love to sleep! Not much trouble at all...unless they really wanna be :D
USAc2.jpg
USAc.jpg

Nice dogs! I won't rule out a bulldog or lab. I'm going to hit some adoptions this weekend.

Nice dogs! I won't rule out a bulldog or lab. I'm going to hit some adoptions this weekend.

My dog is called a "Puggle". He's half pug, half beagle. I say half beagle, but he's got the Beagle bark/bay/howl. He goes ape-excrement if someone just walks by. He's a great watchdog, but a terrible guard dog. He's small enough to not require 40 lbs of food a week, but big enough to not emasculate the manliest of men. Great personality, and he gets along with everyone and everything.

My dog is called a "Puggle". He's half pug, half beagle. I say half beagle, but he's got the Beagle bark/bay/howl. He goes ape-excrement if someone just walks by. He's a great watchdog, but a terrible guard dog. He's small enough to not require 40 lbs of food a week, but big enough to not emasculate the manliest of men. Great personality, and he gets along with everyone and everything.

Here's the picture...it's a little small, but you get the idea. Leroy is about 35 lbs.

I got a female pup, 2 months old from the Humane Society of Tampa Bay. She's half lab half pitt bull.

The hound dog is my friend's. I took her over there so they could meet since they'll be around each other a lot.

I have always been a little leary when it comes to pitt bulls but being a mix like this it might just be a good combination and turn out to be a good choice.

My neighbor had a pit bull when we were little and my baby sister could lay on it and pull its ears, etc and it never made a move. Nicest dog they had and they had a lot of dogs. Guess even though the breed itself has a bad rap, each dog is still an individual. Have fun with the little fur ball!

My neighbor had a pit bull when we were little and my baby sister could lay on it and pull its ears, etc and it never made a move. Nicest dog they had and they had a lot of dogs. Guess even though the breed itself has a bad rap, each dog is still an individual. Have fun with the little fur ball!

If you chain any dog by the neck and leave it in the yard, it's only human contact is a guy throwing meat at it, the dog will be mean. Pit bulls are like any other dog. If you treat them right, they'll be loyal to the end.

I see from the picture on the couch that you have mans best friend and a dog. Good luck and give him lots to chew on.

I see from the picture on the couch that you have mans best friend and a dog. Good luck and give him lots to chew on.

That's actually my friend's girlfriend. And I've got plenty of toys for the dog.

Looks like she's hard-pressed to let go of that bone. Things I've noticed with my dog:

1) Cheap toys will become carpet fodder within 3 hours
2) Carpet will become carpet fodder within 3 days
3) If it's cold or rainy, no matter how bad he has to "go", he'll wait until you're the most comfortable sitting in the chair
4) Hound dogs LOVE to bark/howl
5) Garbage can lids are worth their weight in gold
6) Hats and underwear taste GREAT
7) He couldn't be happier if he's sitting in your lap
8) A $15 dollar toy is either nothing to get excited about, or it'll last forever.
9) Kong brand toys are indestructable
10) Anything else, isn't

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back